Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Glenn's "Cold Turkey" shoot out

great work, Dave.   someone told me the other day that a packet of smokes now costs over $25.  unbeleivable - makes fueling a V8 seem cheap!

keep up the good work!

• Like 2

bit of a thread dig.. its been about 3 weeks now since I stopped again for the millionth time.

getting really expensive now and now I have been smoking for over half of my life which is probably a good enough time as any to try to quit again. Bloody hell..

• Like 3

1,360 days since my last cigarette and I've saved $20,410 at the old price since then! Yes, there's an app for that. It's about $30 for a pack of 20 now isn't it?!?!?

Power to you Kyu, you'll feel much better once you get over the hump! ?

go hard at it, Kyu!  

• Like 1

I've been a non smoker now from day one. Never have I touched a cigarette since the day I started this thread. It'll be 8 years this year

• Like 8

^^^^ Shite time flies! I remember you starting this thread Glenn. Well done!

Another year rolls by... 8 years now. How you going Kyu ??

• Like 3

randomly remembered this after seeing Glenn's BBQ posts.

I am still going strong havent touched a single cigarette since I quit beginning of May 2018 so 9 months now!!

• Like 5

Good stuff Kyu. By now I imagine you can taste food properly again!

Another anniversary. 10 years today. The last two years have been the hardest two years in my life and I'm still a non smoker. I'd hate to be addicted with the cost of those products these days. How many other achievers are there out there ?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Another anniversary. 10 years today. The last two years have been the hardest two years in my life and I'm still a non smoker. I'd hate to be addicted with the cost of those products these days. How many other achievers are there out there ?

Technically, this post inspired me to START smoking?

I just vac packed about 4kg last night!

Well done though - 10 years!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allanw said:

Technically, this post inspired me to START smoking?

I just vac packed about 4kg last night!

Well done though - 10 years!

?

I ticked off six years at the end of August, couldn't be happier and I know I'll never have another, I've not even been tempted. I feel better, don't stink and food and beer tastes way nicer!

In those six years I've saved over $35k and that's at the price of cigarettes when I gave up, they're 50% more expensive now! ?

Well done Glenn and anybody else that has stayed the course. ?

9 hours ago, richard said:

I gave up on the 9/9/1989 at 9am

? How long did you smoke for Richard ? I started at age 14 and smoked for 47 years... not something i'm proud of

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

7 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

? How long did you smoke for Richard ? I started at age 14 and smoked for 47 years... not something i'm proud of

age 11 on and off at school of all places, full time when I started work at the age of 15 , 72cents a pac. about 14 years.

11th Anniversary today

Im now dealing with the consequences of smoking cigarettes. Got diagnosed with emphysema in April and on a daily inhaler with Physiotherapy coming up after an accident once we get to level 2

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I just reread this thread, and its truly inspirational Glenn.

I'm so proud of you mate.

I'd love to catch up for a chinwag some time in the future after this covid stuff.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:01 PM, qube said:

bit of a thread dig.. its been about 3 weeks now since I stopped again for the millionth time. Getting really expensive now and now I have been smoking for over half of my life which is probably a good enough time as any to try to quit again. Bloody hell..

You are heading into the danger zone... four weeks is about the time you start thinking "I've broken the habit now, so one smoke for old times sake won't do any harm" :) Be extra careful... make a lifestyle change such as joining a gym or at least start a regular exercise course at home if covid rules out going to the gym. Eat healthy and keep a jar of something tasty like salted peanuts handy for those moments when you need to put something in your mouth. Break the associations like lighting a smoke when you answer the phone or when you open a beer.

For a while stay away from friends who smoke and always offer you one... especially hard to resist if you are having a few drinks. Ask me how I learned that one :) Despite what others might say, you are an addict, and although you are clean at the moment, it only takes one slip and the habit comes back. Kia kaha... you can do it !!!!

Cheers...

Whoa.... didn't notice that 😐 But doesn't matter... maybe there is someone else out there that is trying to quit and needs a little encouragement :)

Words of advice from someone who has been there are never totally wasted... just listen to what William s Burroughs has to say...

Cheers...