Sign in to follow this  
Murdock

E30 325i / M325

Hi folks,

In relation to these cars, my question is regarding cylinder head covers - is the colour difference in the following two pictures of any significance? Undoubtedly a dumb question, I know - is the black one simply a shroud? Cheers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

black ones been painted. There might be a couple of oddball cars (hi-comp/alpina mods etc) out there but generally no engine difference between M325i or 325i

pretty sure one is black and the other is silver.

^lol smart as.. ;) as said one is just painted. highly unlikely that there is any difference in the motor specs. a m20b25 is a m20b25, its the same motor in the m325i no difference than a normal one.

Fair enought, cheers for the response. Was just curious as 325i engines seem to fall into one of either category, and I didn't know if the 'black top' was a later iteration. From what I can see the M325s I've seen (e.g. on trademe) all sport the 'black top' - was it a factory option as part of the M pack perhaps? The only M325 I've seen with the 'grey top' (heh) was one which had cylinder head work done.

Edited by Murdock

Fair enought, cheers for the response. Was just curious as 325i engines seem to fall into one of either category, and I didn't know if the 'black top' was a later iteration. From what I can see the M325s I've seen (e.g. on trademe) all sport the 'black top' - was it a factory option as part of the M pack perhaps? The only M325 I've seen with the 'grey top' (heh) was one which had cylinder head work done.

nope all done by owners who take pride in thier car, and detailed the engine bay.