Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

The 850 has come out of winter hibernation and is now ready for some cruising.

Posted Image

The 850 has come out of winter hibernation and is now ready for some cruising.

Posted Image

Spent all day today polishing and waxing the 840, totally forgot about it for the past month even though it sits next to the other car in the garage :o time to bust it out tomorrow i think

Just sat down after detailing the E34 since 9am this morning. Still yet to polish the roof and right hand side :o

Then have to wax the thing!

Better be shiny as hell when I'm done.

Just sat down after detailing the E34 since 9am this morning. Still yet to polish the roof and right hand side :o

Now that's dedication. Everyone should take note.

Now that's dedication. Everyone should take note.

Hehe yep just did the e30 yesterday its sooo pretty now :D

I'd better get my finger out for this show'n'shine thing then - sounds like there is going to be some competition!! B)

Spent yesterday cleaning / removing tar specs / clay baring the M3 , just need to finish stage 2 & 3 of Mothers Waxing process to complete. Then have the 328i , two motorbikes and one of the oldschool mini's to do.

Doing mine today if rain holds off... although expect won't be nearly as fastidious as you. Perhaps we should get a photo of all three together

Doing mine today if rain holds off... although expect won't be nearly as fastidious as you. Perhaps we should get a photo of all three together

Replaced the munted drivers door on the race car yesterday, machine cut then wax today. Couldn't polish out the dents though - bugger it!! :(

Where is a good place to get a clutch built? I need something that will hold 400ft-lbs and take a beating.

project thread/pics of your car Polley??

Sanded, sanded, sanded and polished polished polished and put my new style 5's on. Oh and lowered it more aswell. Anyone know anyone who will certify adjustables?

Not for me but after a couple hours work

Posted Image

Allgood just hijack my style 5's..

project thread/pics of your car Polley??

Dont have a project thread sorry.

Anyway, new clutch and pressure plate is been built atm, should be ready this afternoon and ill throw it all back together tonight and the car should be ready to haul ass again. :ph34r:

Can we have some? It sounds like something different

Ill grab some once I've got the clutch in and can move it out side. I only have old crappy dark photos atm.

Half finished the passenger seat bracket on the compact, Should have it finished tomorrow.

Over the past week reassembled,installed & test drove the newest incarnation of my slightly troublesome 2.8 stroker.

Think we have it right this time-still running in but its brutal

Spent a whole day giving the 540 the Mequiars 3 stage polish then taking it for a serious stomp around the country roads of CHB

Where is a good place to get a clutch built? I need something that will hold 400ft-lbs and take a beating.

Auto clutch in Auckland. Tell them what you want and they'll guide you on the right setup for what you're trying do. Did mine and it rocks. Wasn't too expensive as far as clutches go either.

They're kind of a no bullshit type of crowd so go in with what you're after.

Also get the whole lot balanced together afterwards. Flywheel/clutch/pressure plate.

A little info on my setup. (Have get around to updating that site at some point!)

http://www.bminfo.co.nz/?page_id=67

Auto clutch in Auckland. Tell them what you want and they'll guide you on the right setup for what you're trying do. Did mine and it rocks. Wasn't too expensive as far as clutches go either.

They're kind of a no bullshit type of crowd so go in with what you're after.

Also get the whole lot balanced together afterwards. Flywheel/clutch/pressure plate.

Thanks but I already got the whole lot done at waikato clutch and brake, they had it done by that afternoon. I told them my goals and they said it should hold... Its a upgraded sach pressure plate with 950kg clamp pressure, and a organic disk, I decided against a puk clutch because of drivability, but if this clutch does not hold I will go for the puk clutch.

Clutch and gearbox is in, just waiting for order to show up from AKG, may aswell do all the bushings while its up on stands. Rear subframe sounds like it is about to fall out.

Coilovers arrived today so hopefully will be able to chuck them in tonight when I get home :)