Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Broke it this morning at 5.00 am going to work. Drove it home tonight though. First time I've ever had a personal car of mine on a tow truck. Last week I broke the X Trail as well... it's still not fixed

Your supposed to wait for the oil to heat up before doing skids.

Broke it this morning at 5.00 am going to work. Drove it home tonight though. First time I've ever had a personal car of mine on a tow truck. Last week I broke the X Trail as well... it's still not fixed

How broken is broke? Good luck claiming any repairs under warranty if it was the Ti :P

How broken is broke? Good luck claiming any repairs under warranty if it was the Ti :P

The head of a small retaining bolt has broken off the LSD unit and got jammed between the crown wheel & pinion. Similar to a problem Greg had with his M3 Diff. I've just put a 3.64:1 diff I had here at work in it for the moment while I sort out another C & P for it. At least it keeps me mobile till I get the X Trail back. Bit of a shame really. It's only done 8,000km since it was all rebuilt 3 years ago.

BTW: I can now guarantee the 3.64:1 is perfect and quiet with no leaks and it won't be for sale for $250 again. The price will be $300

Got a new braided clutch line getting it fitted Monday + gearbox oil and service.

Edited by 5amchris

Got a new wheel bearing placed, sorted a new kidney grill, reset the service light and gave it a clean.

off to the panel beaters next week :D

I've been playing around getting this exhaust to fit properly, seems it will work beautifully once the front cats, pipes and headers are sorted out in the coming weeks.

Posted Image

The head of a small retaining bolt has broken off the LSD unit and got jammed between the crown wheel & pinion. Similar to a problem Greg had with his M3 Diff. I've just put a 3.64:1 diff I had here at work in it for the moment while I sort out another C & P for it. At least it keeps me mobile till I get the X Trail back. Bit of a shame really. It's only done 8,000km since it was all rebuilt 3 years ago.

BTW: I can now guarantee the 3.64:1 is perfect and quiet with no leaks and it won't be for sale for $250 again. The price will be $300

Yep Identical to my original problem, mine is still fighting against a slightly bent crown wheel tooth.

I had my LSD break a spider gear tooth off about two years ago. Managed to fish the piece out and is still going strong. Should probally get it rebuilt oneday...

big job.removed the front number plate surround,cos it seems to be just in the field of view of the front pdc...dont laugh,i would engage reverse and the front sensor would go off with no obstruction..Since the number plate surround is off have had no false alarms.

So if you have a 1 series with a tendency for false alarms on front pdc take of your front number plate surround!

Replaced my front and rear swaybar links and d bushes, feels a lot better now. Also sold the 17's. Rolling on bottlecaps for now.

Take a look at replacing/installing a high flow centre muffler. Dual 2 inch will help.

Just read this one - thanks for that, I'll look into it.

Cleaned up some leather seats.

Got the roof racks on, for actual use too.

big job.removed the front number plate surround,cos it seems to be just in the field of view of the front pdc...dont laugh,i would engage reverse and the front sensor would go off with no obstruction..Since the number plate surround is off have had no false alarms.

So if you have a 1 series with a tendency for false alarms on front pdc take of your front number plate surround!

Wierd, we don't seem to have this issue? Are they euros or normal?

Wierd, we don't seem to have this issue? Are they euros or normal?

normal.It is wierd because its only consistently done it for the last couple of weeks.It has done it on and of before.It was the guy att he service counter who suggested that it may be the plate surround

Last night finished the brake booster on race car. We are using a merc booster which is teeny compared to any other BMW booster.

Drove it to Invercargill from Dunedin.

did 8.5L/100km Economy too. Very pleased with my E34.

Not bad! my 316i bettered that only just, though had trailer on again! the 525iT/A i used to have wouldnt hae donee what you got lol

If I knew you were going there I would of got you to pick my skirt up

If I knew you were going there I would of got you to pick my skirt up

I'm here until Monday. If you need anything else.

I'm here until Monday. If you need anything else.

If you could that would be awesome! Il pm you details

Fu*ked the altenator on the 540, gotta get a new one. Ray to the rescue again. Thanks for sorting out a loaner car.

New wheels turned up today. Need to polish them up, fit new tyres and they'll be good to go. cant wait!

Posted Image

niiice! ... tire selection is critical if youre going for the look. Nice score.