Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

New plan as of today, so the V8 engine mounts and subframe have gone back in tonight! Restoring the car to it's former 340i title and putting it on the market for sale shortly thereafter :D

10150627_10204524585979821_6421264589705

Hahahah I love your ideas Mike!

Yay for 340i.. But aren't you missing a few pieces lol

• Like 1

New front hubs, roundel and fogs. A few items ticked off the list that grows by the day.

***WARNING*** this happened on sunday and not today

Drove the E30 down to Hampton downs so i could have a watch of the drift guys. Also there was no worries about cost and how much fuel itd drink as my Dad borrowed it the other day and left 3/4 of a tank in it FTMFW

Proceded to park it in the pits like a champ.... Saw the E36 drifing and man it looked awesome! The guy obviously knows how to pedal it..... was also refreshing to see a "not japanese" car going around the track the most inccorect way possible :P

and some guy took a photo of my hardcore parking skills

IMG_15009944579432.jpeg

• Like 2

Flashed the SMG Module in the `HELLM3` with CSL Software and took it for a drive on the backroads of Dairy Flat. Freakin awesome in the wet.Feels smoother with quicker changes.

• Like 4

Took the rear camber arms out the touring for a wof and cleaned the rust off n painted the inner guards from all the tyre rub. Should probably sell my stance kit off soon

• Like 1

Pulled out the exhaust and prop shaft to replace a butchered guibo. Pulled apart the headlights and gave em a clean. Also new gearbox fluid. Found some rust.

Put the V8 back in the e36 last night with 4 speed auto attached. Now to wire and plumb it up again. hehe (I'll be selling it as a whole car soon)

Need front brakes? :)

Speaking of which, I just changed over my front pads and rotors.

haha, nah I now have sporty 328i shocks and Rotors :P

Coolant tank install, loom wiring into the cabin etc. Such fun to do it all again 3 years later!

DSC_0096.jpg

• Like 1

New brake pads all round. Way easier than I thought it would be! Now for brake fluid flush....

post-41073-0-17458700-1407660190.jpg

Figured out why boaty was so much, well, boaty! RR shock had no resistance what so ever! Cleaned all the surface rust up in the boot, aswell as cleaned all the peeling clear coat off the doors and rear pillars and re did one side. Came out pretty good actualy but should of sanded the edges before applying new clear cost. Still looks a million times better!

first post in a long while and a bit of an e30v8 update :) got motivated and set the ball rolling for a wee birthday for the old lady, front control arms off to replace all the ball joints and old cracked urethane offset castor bushes, pulled the front struts out to chuck some konis or something along those lines at them. started jigging up an underbody brace to tie the front crossmember back to the castor bush housing mount points, similar to the ultra racing items. planned a bit of trick machining to convert to adjustable offset castor bushes. pulled my camber plates off, now to try and track down new bearings for them, much play!

currently the car is more or less as i bought it aside from tidying up a few interior bits and pieces, destroying and subsequently replacing the w55 gearbox with a w58, ditching the power steering using a delete block i whipped up to link the inlet and outlet ports on the rack to keep sh*t out and a bit of fluid in to keep things lubricated, and replacing the rear shocks with GAZ damping adjustable numbers which seem to be doing the job :)

project thread and pics to come.

Cleaned my wheels. Need new low dust pads. Whatever is on there now is the worst!!

Also realised how much in need these wheels need refurbishing

Cleaned my wheels. Need new low dust pads. Whatever is on there now is the worst!!

Also realised how much in need these wheels need refurbishing

Whatever the pads on my M3 are at the moment are shockers for dust. Doesnt help i live up a hill which means every time i drive i spend a good 1-1.5KM on the brakes. Wheels are black within a couple of trips.

Yep same here... Need a good recommendation for new pads for the new rotors

Are drilled and/or slotted rotors worse for dust than standard rotors?

i heard some hawk pads (not sure which ones) are specifically for race/track use due to their ceramic composition ... which as we all have heard from multiple reviewers etc, ceramic composition brake components need heat to be effective ..

• Like 1

Put new fuel pumps in my V12 E34 yesterday.

Took it to work today because my van is getting fixed (again)

Took my boss for a ride, and then it died. Very embarassing, as he has been interested in the project from day 1

knew straight away it was fuel lines back to front, have done the same thing once before.

Swapped them over and away it goes again, happy as Larry

Boring Techy bit for those interested:

Basically there are two fuel pumps, one for each bank. so the DME for each bank controls its own pump,

But when the hoses are back to front, it controls the pump for the other bank, so of course if one side needs a bit more gas than the other (happens more than you would think), it sends the signal to pump gas, but that gas ends up going to the other side, overfuelling/flooding it. THe DME for that bank cuts back and then ends up starving the first one that actually requesting more, of course this means a very slow peeter out and then die.

(Think of it a bit like feedback from a stereo when you put microphone too close etc.)

Put the boot back together in boaty after replacing rear shocks and new top mounts. Put replacement door tweeter in and replaced broken window clips in drivers door. Refitted door panel. Cleaned afm and throttle body and replaced air filter. Undid bolts for valve cover ready to take off tomorrow and replace gasket.