Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

haha yip

Played with one of the cars in the driveway at the moment, figuring out why its not running correctly, this was an interesting find!

94D96404-A382-4C91-9119-A3BD77546D44_zps

points all look almost brand new, it is a recently replaced aftermarket cap by the looks! but rotor not been changed and failed, and the rod from the middle of the Dizzy has vanished!

my 535 looked similar to that once.Rotor was worn virtually away ,and the inside of the cap was wet with condensation.The repair eliminated my intermittent difficult start issue...surprise it started or ran at all!

Had the "sealed for life" auto in the e46 serviced today with new fluid and filter, engine sump leak fixed and new oil level sensor fitted.

And when doing that the guys noticed the power steer hose is leaking at the crimp. Great.

Now just need a replacement for that, fit passenger seat airbag sensor, wheel alignment then good as new

Replaced the drivers side mirror glass from the spare set of mirrors I have as it had a weird mark behind it and turns out it wasn't a factory one but just a cheap smith n smith like replacement so the explains why it wasn't tinted blue. Also when I pulled it off it only had one of the two wires behind it for the heated element in the glass so had to solder in a new one so the replacement lens would be heated.

Also went through my vanos repair kit to make sure I had everything there which I did so should get that done soon

Replaced the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat in the e46 tonight. That was fun! Found a new use for circlip pliers to undo the hog rings

post-5102-0-23805400-1409917805_thumb.jp

Old one out,

post-5102-0-16579600-1409917828_thumb.jp

New one in ready for cover to be tied back in with good old cable ties!

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

Yesterday, I went for my first real drive in 2+ years. The fresh M20 is awesome.

Thanks Ray.

• Like 2

Blew the cob-webs out of the 'vert in the sunshine. Planned in a big service for her to make the most of the summer.

• Like 1

Looked at it, still sitting in the drive.... checked my pelican order, not shipped yet... and took the Honda for a drive.

• Like 1

New handbrake shoes - only took me 2.5 hours as well. Usually these small maintenance jobs take me the whole day!

Feels great being able to trust that I can park on hills.

Ohhh sh*t son!!! That sucks so much!! Anything get taken?

Jacket, and a pair of sunnies.

Quite a tricky little window to repair that one. Remember to set the door rubber in place prior to pushing the new window in... Between the bastard clips and that rubber I almost punched it in myself. lol! Rubber came right with around a half cup of armour-all used as lube.

Actually, if you see up the top of the window there's a hole where he/they had used some tool to pop the window, a punch or whatever. I was sleeping around 5 meters away and heard nothing.

Edited by sonic_attack

Automatic center punch. Couple of clicks and the window just makes a pop. Biggest sound is knocking the glass out. what a bunch of losers.

Why do they break the quarterlight?

is it BECAUSE it's the hardest to fix, most expensive and most difficult to source???

Bummer dude - at least the car is still there B)

I had to get the 1/4 tinted too, it doesn't match because the existing tints are faded... It's not far off though.

Even more disappointing was the discovery of the shatter trip for the alarm when removing the 1/4 rubber. If I sorted my alarm I might have saved my jacket at least! Ahh well, that's life in inner city Aucks.

Seems like I've been dominating this thread lately... To many slackers round here/ non broken bmws.

Right! So this weekend, put new HnR sport springs in the m3, new rear slotted rotors, waiting on correct fronts to come. new bushes for clutch and brake pedals so no more slop, FINALLY!!!!!!!! Finished sanding the other style 5s and have been picked up for professional polishing at $30 a wheel so can't complain with that!

Also part way through vanos rebuild, vanos unit is all done bar the Teflon seal on the exhaust side that pinched and cut the side off while going in, ughhh! Waiting to hear from beisan about a replacement.

Tomorrow night will be rattle repair as shafts are quite sloppy but can only go so far as forgot to order diaphragms and plates from the stealer so that's tomorrow mornings job.

Beat that!!!!

post-5102-0-57272300-1410691389_thumb.jppost-5102-0-91933900-1410691407_thumb.jppost-5102-0-61625600-1410691424_thumb.jppost-5102-0-95390300-1410691445_thumb.jppost-5102-0-08902400-1410691467_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Nah just gave it a good clean with degreaser. Underside was oily as! Might run the buff over it before it goes back in tho haha!

Not today but on Saturday I went to bleed my clutch and could not re-pressurise the system to save my life. Not even a trickle of fluid coming down, no matter what I tried and we tried everything - well everything the internet told us to try at least.

New master/slave to be picked up this afternoon - so round 2 clutch. Come at me brah.

Ordering clips to redo m-tech 2 kit also as they're a bit old/mal-aligned.

#buildups

pretty sure i saw ^ this plate (BMDUBS) on the back windscreen of a silver ACS e38 740i i saw the other day at the quay st car wash.

1. Washed it... long, long overdue. And it rained whilst I was doing it.

Same! Wheels washed and tyres shined too. Fortunately no rain!

• Like 1

I'm ashamed... I didn't do my wheels...  :unsure:

So many spokes! Don't blame ya! Haha

Today I replaced the EGR thermostat.

There's a vid on Youtube showing how it's done and describes a 3-minute procedure. It took me about half an hour... I'll do a maintenance thingy about why a bit later.

Today, I took my BMW for a 2 hour drive and got it all dirty - lol

• Like 1

So me, Tyler-pldubs and sanch-antil33t took old boaty, the e36 325i that was ment to be a donor for the wagon, to winton with a car trailer to transport a e30 325i back home as out new project together. Then carried on into invercagill to pick up a m20 and manual box, motor went in the back seat of the e30. Had to remove door for it to fit, box in its boot. Oh and then a bmx that went in the front of the e30.

T'was an interesting day to say the least with road side guard rolling with a proper roller, and then a switch from fronts to backs as I put the style 5s off the m3 with 225s and 245s as the 245s were starting to run out of side wall on the rear.

Highlights of the trip, when we had to slow down going up a hill in a passing lane as the car trying to pass got up to the front of our car and couldn't go any faster to get past and holding up traffic even tho we were pulling close to 2ton! Vanos kicked in hahahaha

Then when we got home replaced diaphragm springs and plates as part of the vanos repair on the m3, and beisan rattle repair on shafts aswell. Just waiting on the replacement seal to show up this week for exhaust side then ready to go back together!

post-5102-0-52130900-1411289016_thumb.jppost-5102-0-96907700-1411289028_thumb.jp

• Like 2