Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

The final bolt arrived so I can put all the new race car shifter mechanism bits together now!!

• Like 2

Not mine but who cares... took this for a thrash today...

O.M.F.G!!!

It is in a totally different league to an E46 M3 (or E36 for that matter) - I've driven a "normal" M3 SMG with CSL software but this is a totally, totally different machine. I'm quite astonished. It's a weapon and so much more rapid than I expected.

I want one bad.

A few interesting observations:

• The steering is light, very, very light - too much so for my comfort - you can't feel the front end so much, you just trust it.
  • The fixed back seats are uncompromising - I'm only 75kg and am a tight, tight fit, especially at the shoulders.
  • The doors are heavy, they're made of steel and the skins alone are 8.5kg heavier each than my aluminium ones. Very odd.
  • No throttle response for first 5mm of pedal travel in any mode, seemed odd for a FBY system.
  • The perfect drive to track and thrash M3.

I want one real bad.

This was what I wrote 4 years ago when taking toms one for a thrash ... And I guess why I roll my eyes at people when CSLs come up for sale and they dont think theyre all that. Wait till you drive one ... Then comment.

• Like 1

Amen to the driving experience - epic!

New spark plugs / ignition coils for the 525i and new led interior lighting for the 540i.

Wheel alignment after full suspension overhaul and splashed out on some new front rubber.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Gave her a hot wash in the dark.

First ever wash - the bonding is real haha

Posted Image

• Like 4

Shifter linkage is all back together in the car and shift is soo much smoother and precise.

Next step to wire in the new electric fan...

• Like 1

Gave her an entire interior clean. Really.

Look at the crap that came out of the front passengers seatbelt after a scrub down, towel dry and then a sugar-soap wet towel over the top:

Posted Image

Changed my interior dash trim to carbon fibre:

Posted Image

...and got myself a really awesome rego card holder:

Posted Image

• Like 2

I'm all about being unique Dave

• Like 1

Shifter linkage is all back together in the car and shift is soo much smoother and precise.

Next step to wire in the new electric fan...

Must be about time for a project update Jon? been ages or maybe i just missed it!

Gave her an entire interior clean. Really.

...and got myself a really awesome rego card holder:

Jeff Gray give out free ones if you want!

facelift headlights installed. look good.

Posted Image

half the way, one side installed....

and...Posted Image

both installed....

• Like 4

Posted Image

Heh.

• Like 6

That reminds me... I need to order some more

Jeff Gray give out free ones if you want!

Thanks Andy! And thank you to the blokes at Jeff Gray for giving me - two - just picked up :) way nicer in black.

Wash, full groom & wax

Hard wired V1 (hint: it's the green/white wire)post-5771-0-75092000-1434772771_thumb.jppost-5771-0-70601200-1434772824_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Replaced poor fitting front top hat nuts with correct sleeved capped nuts to suit m sport strut brace, put the factory wheels on for the winter, gave the bbs's a good clean ready for a polish up and wax/sealer ready for spring. But before that tried them on on the ute for something to do.

Also making progress on the risers for the ltw wing.

post-5102-0-62981800-1434800299_thumb.jppost-5102-0-86755800-1434800319_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Spent some money on some bouncy bits.
Now to try to find time to fit them... :(

After my "interesting" experiences with buying parts from overseas I decided to order a spoiler from.... Latvia!!

What could possibly go wrong..

• Like 4

After my "interesting" experiences with buying parts from overseas I decided to order a spoiler from.... Latvia!!

What could possibly go wrong..

From Tuning LV? They are fine. It's the carriers / couriers that cause the problems.

Might be the same crowd Graham, they are listed as "sstuningparts" on eBay in the Uk. And yes, you are right it is the postal / courier people that usually screw things up! This time I have a tracking number that I will be watching like a hawk so I can keep a closer eye on NZ Post after their previous efforts.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I used them for new gas struts on the touring. No complaints here. Eastern Europe is a hot bed for new cheap BMW parts, just hope they haven't fallen off the back of a truck. Literaly.