Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Jacked the old girl up

post-1298-0-09290000-1441618895_thumb.jp

post-1298-0-74444800-1441618971_thumb.jp

One of my swing arm links was fully off and the other probably only still attached due to the other one breaking. Two new ones for NZ $102 landed from FCP Euro.

post-1298-0-63519900-1441619051_thumb.jp

post-1298-0-79320300-1441619246_thumb.jp

Definitely a better job on a hoist, really hard to get a decent amount of torque on the lower but for both removal and reinsertion.

Edited by Charlie Fox

Got the manual box in the touring with the 4 cylinder shifter. Doesn't seem too bad in it's position. Might just leave it as is.

Ended up buying another BMW. What's wrong with me :wacko:

• Like 4

Changed steering wheel on the 540i. Proper 3 spokes 375mm fully restored leather.... It came nice...Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Changed steering wheel on the 540i. Proper 3 spokes 375mm fully restored leather.... It came nice...98f988a0fad391dcfce62a59b85aaa7a.jpg

7fc7df07bdda6d2f9374253d9a93afb1.jpg

Looking good Dimitrios. Did you source it locally?

Yeap. And it was damn cheap.... $100 for the steering wheel and $80 for the reconditioning.

• Like 2

Just a little job today and I already posted about it in my project thread but I was so happy with the effect driving to work tonight I thought I'd show it off here.

Wired in the amber LED's for the front map light.

post-17205-0-50229100-1441938379.jpg

It really does make a difference to the interior at night. Shines a subtle Amber light down onto the centre consloe. Very nice effect.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 2

Yeap. And it was damn cheap.... $100 for the steering wheel and $80 for the reconditioning.

Wow, that really was a score.

I've been looking for one for a while now and generally your lucky if you can find one for under $250.

Ended up buying another BMW. What's wrong with me :wacko:

$700 for an e34 535i manual with an LSD :D
  • Like 4

...and $80 for the reconditioning.

Where did you get this done if you don't mind? And do you know what they did?

He is a friend of mine doing a lot of work for Team Mc Millan.

I will ask him if he is keen to share information

• Like 1

I did an entirely DIY EGR delete on Saturday. Had too... The metal pipe connecting the EGR cooler to the EGR valve sheared off behind the flange at the cooler end. <sigh>

Still, something I'd planned to do for a while. This just 'persuaded' me to do it now.

• Like 1

Ordered just over 2k worth of flywheel and clutch kit for the e39, will be nice for the new owner!! :(

Ordered just over 2k worth of flywheel and clutch kit for the e39, will be nice for the new owner!! :(

>ouch!<

No more work on the 320d today, but I am enjoying what appears to be a more economical drive since removing the EGR stuff.

I have just changed the thermostat on the 500SE. Bit of a bugger of a job, but some patience and not rushing makes it easier.

>ouch!<

No more work on the 320d today, but I am enjoying what appears to be a more economical drive since removing the EGR stuff.

I have just changed the thermostat on the 500SE. Bit of a bugger of a job, but some patience and not rushing makes it easier.

More economical! So it actually makes diesel now?
  • Like 1

Where did you get this done if you don't mind? And do you know what they did?

Please contact Daniel at:

rdrbartley@gmail.com

or

Please use my name, Dimitrios, and say you are from the BMW club.

He is a nice guy. He can do steering wheels, leather seats, etc.

• Like 1

New owner huh?? =p whens that coming up?

Fixed a coolant leak in the girlfriends e30, part 11 in this diagram was the culprit

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=AJ62-JAP-08-1990-E30-BMW-318i&diagId=11_4336

Bloody over complected expensive hose for no reason, turns out the e36 M40 use's a different hose here

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=CA42-EUR-01-1993-E36-BMW-318i&diagId=11_1122

Saved money and didn't even have to remove the intake.

Edited by alisterh

New owner huh?? =p whens that coming up?

Once the clutch is done and a few tidy up bits and pieces she will be up for grabs. Will be on here first.

12003184_10153560815277456_8159769050580

• Like 1

Enjoyed a 2 days business trip to Hamilton Tokoroa Rotorua Taupo Whakatane Tauranga and back with my 540i...

Thr car wad brilliant, fast, safe, economical (10,1L/100km)but i have to say that the road network outside the motorway sucks....Especially the tarmac quality is so rough. Plus so many bloody trucks. They are EVERYWHERE.

• Like 2

Enjoyed a 2 days business trip to Hamilton Tokoroa Rotorua Taupo Whakatane Tauranga and back with my 540i...

Thr car wad brilliant, fast, safe, economical (10,1L/100km)but i have to say that the road network outside the motorway sucks....Especially the tarmac quality is so rough. Plus so many bloody trucks. They are EVERYWHERE.

Sounds like it was your first time south of the Bombay Hills.

• Like 4