Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

The long winded way to take off the E46 bumper is to take off the black plastic mouldings (simply unclip) to reveal the fixings which you can the undo to remove the cover.

Mine is an M-sport, so If you don't have the holes in the bumper can you see the bolt heads to get the socket on? Bolt is quite long so needs a lot of room to come out.

I've updated my project thread, but there's no fixings under the black plastic mouldings (I removed them hoping there would be!) and insufficient room to easily get the torx bolts out.

I took the whole lot off as a single lump. <sigh>

Swapped the front roll bar on the e36 from 24.5 to 26mm, definately less roll now but i will have to be a bit more carefull in the wet as the back seems more lively!

Also, got the driveshaft and exhaust sorted on the e39 so it is back on the road after 2 months!!

Spent last night and today messing around with the rear suspension geometry, got the car sitting a bit lower now. Just taking as much camber out of the back as possible.

New brake hoses and maf sensor. Always good to do work at Glenn's place. Top work and reasonable cost. Thanks to Brent also for some parts....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Valve clearances checked within spec :D

• Like 2

Misses got T boned today in the 46 by some jap box. Some slez ran the red and plowed right into the rear quarter, spun the car 180. She's alright, car isn't that bad considering, but sill is pushed in and up in the door jam. Rear wheel has a sight wobble but repairable. Wait and see what the insurance man says next week I guess.

Looks like it's had a dodgy repair there before looking at the bit of filler that's fallen off and the surface rust under it.

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Ok so heard back from insurence today.... Cars getting written off :( 6k plus to repair it apparently.

So tomorrow will see if i can buy it back and either strip it myself for bits or just take a few bits I want sell as a wreak.

Now to hunt for a replacement...

Edited by euroriffic

Changed the oil and oil filter.

Again.

• Like 2

Changed the oil and oil filter.

Again.

You must get sick of that POS forever requiring work...

:lol:

• Like 1

Ok so heard back from insurence today.... Cars getting written off :( 6k plus to repair it apparently.

So tomorrow will see if i can buy it back and either strip it myself for bits or just take a few bits I want sell as a wreak.

Now to hunt for a replacement...

Bummer...

https://www.bidbud.co.nz/1073112420

:ph34r:

Well have spent the last few days tinkering away with the suspension, finally sorted out the rear as close as I can get it for now, and the front..... now sitting about 30mm lower than it was, debating if I want to go lower. But thinking for now replace the ball joints and bushes, get a wheel alignment and see how she goes. Also been chipping away at some other side projects, working through the tuning files bit by bit ti figure out how radical I want to go with it, so that's going to take a while.

Nice Dave, don't be a tease and stand further back!

I knocked out the rear carrier bushing of the shifter recently, what a PITA getting that back in!

• Like 1

Nice Dave, don't be a tease and stand further back!

Cheers and will do shortly. I need some good light and I'd prefer to have the new centre cap inserts before I lifted my skirt but they may be a few weeks away.

More photos this weekend.

Fixed broken fan switch by taping a jumper wire in place. Seems to be holding the temp down alright. Will need to replace it properly at some stage I guess.

Scored some nice mint condition limited edition door sills.... I had some second thoughts if I should put them on as my car is not factory individual but then again I liked them compared to the standard boring ones so here we go....

45574db44283e47d6111aed674536113.jpge6c95dcb9ce209da921a4663b599c23c.jpg993dc75e529b49b81cae904ee4431e7b.jpgf06d1c294d6440c3c59e35cc36e37876.jpg

Edited by dkonsta1
  • Like 3

Finished installing towbar and refitted rear bumper on the M5. Now to do the wiring.....

• Like 1

Was a good day, brought a replacement e46 for the written off e46. This time a 328i, super tidy! Drives way better than the old one. Brought sight unseen On trademe for 4.4 so was stoked when It showed up on how nice it was. He even delivered it! How's that for service and with a full tank!!

Oh and brought the old e46 back for 600 :)

Hopefully can start swapping the bits over I want in the next few weeks if I have time. Became self employed last week and am super busy so will see.

post-5102-0-08936600-1463994984.jpeg

• Like 6

Fitted a new battery in the 320d. Probably about time - the one I've taken out is original, so 14 years old.

It was just not cranking fast or hard enough on cold mornings any more. (I know how it feels!)

• Like 1

Was a good day, brought a replacement e46 for the written off e46. This time a 328i, super tidy! Drives way better than the old one. Brought sight unseen On trademe for 4.4 so was stoked when It showed up on how nice it was. He even delivered it! How's that for service and with a full tank!!

Oh and brought the old e46 back for 600 :)

Hopefully can start swapping the bits over I want in the next few weeks if I have time. Became self employed last week and am super busy so will see.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I see , thought this one looked like your old one .

http://www.manheim.co.nz/damaged-vehicles/item/itemunavailable?itemID=000000000004775435

Well i de-Japanesed a lot of my Alpine white coupe today, cluster all swapped over to nice kiwi spec with symbols instead of words, rid of the "unleaded gasoline" on the petrol gauge and swapped the face on the econometer to say L/100km instead of km/L.

Interior is all out in preparation to dye the carpets black and maybe the headliner as well. swapped in blacked out leather door cards and rear pods in. slowly starting to come together. still a lot more parts to a mass before pulling it off the road and swapping everything over.

• Like 1

Yep that's it. Rang the local guy that wanted it to fix so he wouldn't bid and that he can buy it off me once I'm done with it. Only really want exhaust and wheels and wee bits and pieces.

^thats a great idea. Saves you guys from pointless bidding war