Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Had it towed home. :(

See my thread for more details. I'll be learning lots about BMW diesel fuel systems.

Picked up some LED's to see how they'll look...

LEDLamps.jpg

Changed the oil on the E36 - it has a lovely new filter, and lots of good 15W40 in it now.

Made a change doing a different car. The sump plug is a long way back!

Picked up some LED's to see how they'll look...

LEDLamps.jpg

Are these the error free ones Dave?

And where did you buy them from?

I'm thinking of trying them too.

So today I picked up some clear indicators for my Ti, along with some GENUINE Type 1 ACS wheels! Anyone know the value of some AC Schnitzer Type 1 17x8.5 et13 rims? They are in decent condition I will give them a wash and polish tomorrow and test fit to see if I like them more than my shadowed style 97's on my 328Ti. Also managed to break a rear CV yesterday in it.... man that 2.8L can pull!!!!

GFgMV21.jpg

Are these the error free ones Dave?

And where did you buy them from?

I'm thinking of trying them too.

Apparently error free, yes. I've not fitted the license plate lights yet and they're the ones that will trigger the error if they're bad. Will post final results in my project thread.

You can pick them up on eBay cheap as chips (<$1 each), just check the size and amount you need. Typically 42mm (front festoon x3), 36mm (rear festoon x2) and 39mm for license plate x2 (looking for "CANBUS Error Free" on the latter). My bayonet map light LED's don't work, wrong polarity, need to research.

They're bright, might want to go for the smallest overall SMD area possible.

GENUINE Type 1 ACS wheels! Anyone know the value of some AC Schnitzer Type 1 17x8.5 et13 rims?

good luck trying to fit et13 on an e36!

you're probably better off selling them to someone who drives an e39 (me, haha) and picking up grahams (member name: gjm) set which are et38 or thereabouts.

also you better check the centrebore because if its et13 then they are most likely going to be either 74.1 centrebore (again for e39) or maybe even bigger but might already have hubcentric rings to reduce it down to the correct e36 centrebore of 72.5/72.6.

value wise its probably worth something like $400-800 depending on condition

So I test fitted my ACS rims! The fitment is a bit wide.... Guard roller will be coming out on the rear to keep the 235's within the guards. The fronts will be going down to 215's and a little bit of rolling will be taking place! Love the look of the Type 1 ACS rims, its a hard decision between my style 97's and these tho!!!

j2TmVua.jpg

wMsZPQQ.jpg

DLyiFa2.jpg

Those are AC schnitzer II's I believe, Type I's are 3 piece IIRC.

Those are AC schnitzer II's I believe, Type I's are 3 piece IIRC.

They are type 1's, type 2 doesn't have the aluminium polished lip. Also the type 1's have stamping on the outside of the rims. Type 2's have the spokes coming out towards the rim and the type 1's have more of a flat profile to the spokes.Type 1's came in both 3 piece and monoblocks from what I have researched.

They are type 1's, type 2 doesn't have the aluminium polished lip. Also the type 1's have stamping on the outside of the rims. Type 2's have the spokes coming out towards the rim and the type 1's have more of a flat profile to the spokes.Type 1's came in both 3 piece and monoblocks from what I have researched.

Makes perfect sense, thanks :)

I had Type II's on my old e46, forgot they didn't have a lip.

Replacement 4.3 V8 waiting to go in, old 4.0 V8 just removed.

Benefits will be a more modern engine with all the usual variable systems etc, 20% more power and 23% more torque.

DSC_6077.jpg

• Like 3

Benefits will be a more modern engine with all the usual variable systems etc, 20% more power and 23% more torque.

DSC_6077.jpg

but its not BMW :)

Oil change and WoF on the compact. Rear drum brakes are slightly imbalanced, took them apart and shoes look good with plenty of meat. I'll live with it til next wof time, might give the brakes a good bleed with some new fluid though.

Thank god :P

Yes, it would be so terrible to have a bmw on a bmw forum. :rolleyes:

A BMW engine in a Toyota doesn't seem right.

I'll sell you my M120 if my car gets written off, so when you get sick of 20% you can upgrade to 60%. Some nice headers would unlock a fair bit of power if you need more.

Yes, it would be so terrible to have a bmw on a bmw forum. :rolleyes:

I was being sarcastic...

A BMW engine in a Toyota doesn't seem right.

I'll sell you my M120 if my car gets written off, so when you get sick of 20% you can upgrade to 60%. Some nice headers would unlock a fair bit of power if you need more.

Id love too put a S54 in a Toyota something. Would be hilarious.

Haha, oh not that engine would scare me too much :P

DSC_6077.jpg

So whats the old motor, and whats the new motor? Is it 1uz and 3uz?

• Like 1

I spent more then a few hours on bringing the m-pars back to life, very happy with the result. Realise how shat the tyres are now though, need to sort them this week.

Still my fav wheel option, spec in lovely 18s

post-52086-0-31982300-1466311608_thumb.j

post-52086-0-77411000-1466311628_thumb.j

• Like 3

Spent some time in a sadly futile exercise of trying various relatively non-invasive things to find why the 320d won't start. Could be timing I suppose, although seems unlikely given it was running perfectly before stalling when I lifted off the throttle while travelling at ~85km/h.

The obvious thing is to read codes, but that can take some time when it's impossible to get the car to the diagnostic kit. Fortunately, a Very Nice Man has offered to loan me something that should help.

• Like 1

Ripped the boot open off with a crowbar, somehow decided to lock its self and it would not un lock.

Spent some time in a sadly futile exercise of trying various relatively non-invasive things to find why the 320d won't start. Could be timing I suppose, although seems unlikely given it was running perfectly before stalling when I lifted off the throttle while travelling at ~85km/h.

The obvious thing is to read codes, but that can take some time when it's impossible to get the car to the diagnostic kit. Fortunately, a Very Nice Man has offered to loan me something that should help.

Happy to bring my laptop around if you like, send me a PM.

• Like 1

Ripped the boot open off with a crowbar, somehow decided to lock its self and it would not un lock.

Wot, no grinder?!

• Like 1