Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

That looks a bit different...

RearBase01.jpg

Looks really good.

The BMW "Performance exhaust" mod done by Pitstop New Lynn (modifying the mufflers to make the same sound as the exhaust BMW sells for $2500 in NZ).

Also new tips welded on, bought for $30 on Ebay.

post-51449-0-33545100-1466757838.jpg

post-51449-0-62702500-1466757844_thumb.j

• Like 1

Tips look great.

But how does it sound?

Will be the same as this one. N55 engine, Performance Power Kit, BMW Performance Exhaust (which this mod matches exactly)

After startup, skip to 1:25 to hear it rev. I love the crackling sounds...

I was thoroughly defeated by a hall sensor on the belt buckle of my e46 while tackling the dreading SRS light.

Fight will resume tomorrow.

I also battled with seatbelts as I installed my rear seats... got there in the end.

RearInstalled01.jpg

• Like 2

Pulled the fuel pump from the e39 (again) positive wire terminal snapped off! Won't be buying another Topran pump!

I just had Bilstein sports installed in all corners. And what a huge difference from the stock suspension! Earlier with the lowering springs, the car felt harsh. On top of that the ABS light came ON and it started making some weird spinning noises around 45kph. But as soon as the new shocks went in, it is so much more smoother but ABS light is gone OFF and so has noise at 45kph. The car is sits a tad higher but it feels spot on.

Edited by Contrails

New front wishbones in the e36, also swapped the front indicators for clears.

• Like 2

New front wishbones in the e36, also swapped the front indicators for clears.

Inspiration did strike then, good job

Took delivery of a set of Eibach ProKit springs for Miss M's E36: -30mm/-30mm to replace the -lots currently fitted. Much cheaper than anything we could have bought locally, unfortunately - I tried. :(

Yesterday: fixed the bulb in the air con controls so the controls now light up with the headlights.

Bought coolant concentrate in prep for thermostat and similar changes at the weekend.

Speaking of blown bulbs, Headlight dial on the E36 lights up too, fyi (most are blown in my experience)

Speaking of blown bulbs, Headlight dial on the E36 lights up too, fyi (most are blown in my experience)

On the right hand side of the binnacle?

If so - it needs replacing anyway. It works, but the detentes are now more like 'guess what position it's in now'.

Found water on top of the relays behind the fuses under the passenger side dash. Pulled them, dried them, and the car started!!! For 5 minutes...

Possibly the heater matrix leaking causing the problem. Possibly something else. New heater matrix on order.

It'll be sorted.

• Like 1

Got a 2nd hand radio RDS unit for the Msport, replaced that today, happily ditching the jap unit and band expander and keeping the look factory

• Like 3

Washed em, love this view so much, had to share

post-52086-0-19818000-1468108659_thumb.j

With some local help

post-52086-0-05426900-1468108695_thumb.j

post-52086-0-66560300-1468108715_thumb.j

• Like 2

Washed em, love this view so much, had to share

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

With some local help

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Looking good Brent.

Where did you get that sticker?

You're making me want to go and buy that m sport 735i again...

And making me wonder why exactly I want to sell one?

Go on Eli. You know you want to... :D

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 1

Took delivery of a set of Eibach ProKit springs for Miss M's E36: -30mm/-30mm to replace the -lots currently fitted. Much cheaper than anything we could have bought locally, unfortunately - I tried. :(

Yesterday: fixed the bulb in the air con controls so the controls now light up with the headlights.

Bought coolant concentrate in prep for thermostat and similar changes at the weekend.

Looking at buying the same springs. Very keen to see some pics of them installed and hear what you think they ride like. Running factory dampners?

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Looking at buying the same springs. Very keen to see some pics of them installed and hear what you think they ride like. Running factory dampners?

Will be looking into replacement rear shocks, but unlikely to be anything special. The ProKit is 'only' a 30mm drop so stock shocks are fine.

Front struts are Monroe so aftermarket already.

Ride definitely seems better, even though all we've done is swapped the rear springs.

Edited by gjm

Looking good Brent.

Where did you get that sticker?

eBay special, search e38 sticker, there's a few, thing they where about $5 landed or about :)
  • Like 1

Replaced the thermostat in Miss M's car. Took it for a drive - temp looks good. :)

• Like 1

post-17746-14682354405511.jpg picked these up from pick a part...cheap. sometimes you fluke it. Cleaned them up and will get them resprayed. Wondering what colour to go.

• Like 2