Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Friday I replaced the front and rear wipers (genuine BMW parts), and rain-x'd the windscreen.

The status warning light came on while I was on the way home yesterday - sidelamp out. dropped by REPCO, in the carpark pulled the bulb; it started working again. purchased bulb, replaced it. added oil this morning.

simple stuff.

post-52830-0-59906600-1468385022_thumb.j

Increased rim style by 331%

• Like 3

duno if its the photo angle but the tyres look like it has a lot of positive camber. (aka. needs moar stance :D)

They look heeeaps better on your car, no doubt!

Pulleys and tensioners a arrived from Pelican Parts today. Will swap them in on the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

duno if its the photo angle but the tyres look like it has a lot of positive camber. (aka. needs moar stance :D)

Just photo angle, I'll get some better one for my project thread at some point. The keen eyed observer might notice the #45s are running somewhat negative camber though...

They look heeeaps better on your car, no doubt!

Yeh I'm pretty stoked with how they look, might look into rolling guards so I can put the right size tyres on the rear though.

• Like 1

are those the style 194's formerly of the artist known as Dapper?

welcome to the style 194 mafia!

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Those are the ones, can't imagine there are too many in bronze floating around. What's with the ///M sticker on them? were they M series original? or just marketting run amok...

Fitted a 77HP Racechip Ultimate on the 535i today. Brutal increase in power and very quick and smooth through the gears. Couldn't get the bluetooth connect app to work on my Huawei but works great on iPad.

• Like 2

bought a turbo for it... and carted it home from sydney with me :rolleyes:

• Like 2

post-17746-14685791547284.jpg

Pic isn't the best, but I had the 530i wheels resprayed and rust removed from fuel cap area.

It was rusting where the two panels meet. It's been pissing me off for years. Good as new now.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those are the ones, can't imagine there are too many in bronze floating around. What's with the ///M sticker on them? were they M series original? or just marketting run amok...

194's went on the msport e90's.

So yes they are m sport wheels.

• Like 2

Took the head off my m30. Apparently I hadn't drained it very well, so I covered the garage floor in water.

Took the head off my m30. Apparently I hadn't drained it very well, so I covered the garage floor in water.

you need to shake it before you put it away. B)

• Like 3

washed the new tow pig , TAKES ages to do one of these

• Like 2

Replaced the gears in my "spare" throttle body actuator for the M5, will swap it out for the 1 original actuator still in the car when I get a chance. (Hopefully before it spits the dummy!)

Rebuilt my drivers door lock, finicky little thing but not that difficult to do at all

post-51462-0-76213300-1469080390_thumb.j

post-51462-0-00820000-1469080425_thumb.j

• Like 2

whoa havent posted in here for ages!

just hit 300kms in the m3. ..

idle went bad, stalling out at 500rpm etc .. ICV flooded with carb clean helped but the real problem was after the intake manifold was taken off and a bunch of perished hoses in the factory oil catch can system I believe causing a vac leak. ICV was cleaned, all other hoses checked, and perished one replaced.

ran much better, still misfiring, plugs came out and they were eroded away .. replaced with a freshly gapped set and it is running like new now. Also the throttle position sensor was shot and replaced.

now running really well!

work done by Subirex Automotive which did a great job.

Comp test was done while the plugs were being replaced

psi

not bad for 300,000kms, within 10% (<~7%) between cylinders and still fairly high (factory comp values are reputed differently by which source you use but around but not far off... ).

• Like 3

Got a chance to drive the m3 after 2 months since its last one...which was only to the wof station and back. Was a good run out to middlemarch and back, much better and faster than taking the mondeo work wagon!post-5102-0-14397400-1469315446_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Got new front tyres - re003.

Replaced spark plugs and coil packs.

Replaced the number 1 intake rocker on the m30. Just a bit of a pita

Purchased some genuine BMW roof racks for 3 & 5 series, got em for a real steal. Now they just need a clean. B)

Replaced the idler and tensioner pulleys yesterday with Dad. Parts on the way to refresh the crankcase ventilation system.

Need to get an o-ring for the coolant temp sensor, and the lower power-steering hose is weeping slightly - so going to need to keep an eye on that.

With needed maintenance on the engine nearing completion I'll be moving on to suspension and brakes refresh next.

finished the suspension/brake upgrade on the compact last night, took it for a test drive this morning put 60kms on it, and then back in the shed to install an M50 intake manifold onto it

• Like 2

finished the suspension/brake upgrade on the compact last night, took it for a test drive this morning put 60kms on it, and then back in the shed to install an M50 intake manifold onto it

How are those brakes?