Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Tried to start the convertible, but even after three days of charging no joy from the battery, so need to replace that, damn.

Also stuffed about with fitting up the fibreglass M3 front on the racecar, getting closer to being happy with it, but remember now how much I hate sanding fibreglass.

Nearly finished the design for the garage "feature" that I am installing in the corner / on the ceiling.

Got a nice big parcel of parts for my M30 rebuild in the mail.

Also dropped the head off at my reconditioners for pressure testing etc this morning...Yay progress!

• Like 1

Stripped my instrument cluster and a japanese import cluster. Rebuilt a working cluster with NZ New gauges. (l/100kms, 55l fuel tank w/ no additional writing, symbols not words for parking brake lights etc)

Now have a complete working cluster, and no fuel instead of the 30ish the 62l gauge was suggesting :D

• Like 2

Changed the fuel filter on my e39, installed a new brake pad wear sensor front left, put on my final refurbished wheel, new centre cap emblems with them as well as locknut caps and M valve caps, put painted tow bar back on, All cleaning as I go, car is getting lighter with every underbody panel that comes off and goes back on.... Someones driveway needs returning :D.

Next up is sump gasket. A job for the mechanic and hoist...

• Like 1

Installed some new chrome tips on the e30. After my crash it is now my only BMW for now..I will buy another touring next year :)

20160728_191142.jpg

20160728_191306.jpg

20160728_191148.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, *Glenn* said:

And the cost per Litre was ??

Works out to $11.80 per litre.

Do you realise you know me Nathan :huh:

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, *Glenn* said:

Do you realise you know me Nathan :huh:

Of course only 1 litre goes in the engine.

The other four go on my driveway.

• Like 5

I'm pleased you are adhearing to the European Recycling program :P

• Like 2

Changed the diff oil in Miss M's E36.

Picked up my 3rd 316i. Drives bloody well for 251xxxkms. Then spent 2 hours rewiring the brake lights as they were shorting somewhere.

2 minutes ago, huff3r said:

...Then spent 2 hours rewiring the brake lights as they were shorting somewhere.

Trunk lid harness? Common e36 problem.

Just now, M3AN said:

Trunk lid harness? Common e36 problem.

Probably, we just ran new wires, it was easier than digging through it all. Right brake light was fine, so ran the left off the wire for the right where it passes the left, and then new positive and earth wires from there to the high stop. They all work now, especially as it was only to get the car home without attracting attention (WoF is 3 months out).

Pair of king low springs & monroe inserts picked for my soon to be low n slow e30 $76 total, M3AN will be pleased to know they even came with a 12 year warranty!

• Like 2

Started on a new set of headers for the e36, didn't get far...

e36headers.jpg

• Like 2

Replaced my rear pads in the Ti, also went about trying to pull some stock springs off some shocks I have, need to replace my front shocks to get a wof :(

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, Kopua Cowboy said:

My driveway is fine... thanks to that car :P Ha, we live on a metal road, so you are dealing with the hangover from that. Sorry!

Does the towbar have wiring?

No worries at all, enjoying releasing all its history...

Yes the towbar does have a harness with the module thingy.

Today I got rid of all the tar spotting, hard to pick on this colour and gave it a good wash.  Tomorrow the lip deflectors in front of the rear wheel arches go on, plus more underbody cleaning.

Had a good look at the loose wiper arm on the passengers side. From research E36 sedan wiper linkages crap out, and it looks like that's whats happened to mine. Not sure if I can be bothered fixing it just yet.

Had to put new shocks and rear pads in the wee beast today to get WOF, I can honestly say I really NEED a rattle gun, those bolts were bloody tight! Also picked up a new filter and O ring from the dealership today due to having had a massive leak on my oil filter housing cap and no matter what I do it seems to blow out and leak, now to try a genuine part and see if that fixes the issues.

• Like 1