Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

5 minutes ago, euroriffic said:

was told to clean the garage up the other week since its filling up with wheels and work related crap since becoming self employed. But got side tracked part way through and made a thing.

image.jpeg

looks like the ones above my shed! I'm using a computer power supply, both high beams work, always meant to get around to hooking up the low beams as well but not as yet.
3118FC3A-4E4F-48B8-A834-4B3DE36112FE_zps

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BM WORLD said:

sell me your style 5's for my e28 M535i ;)

After a refurb they will be for sale... 

10 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

looks like the ones above my shed! I'm using a computer power supply, both high beams work, always meant to get around to hooking up the low beams as well but not as yet.

Thought is seen them somewhere.

I just used some trannys I had lying around from some old downlights and ran each side in series to dull them down a bit and hooked up to an extension lead because I'm too lazy to do my job properly haha!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, qube said:

so uh.. justin.. where do you live? :ph34r:

In a house with too much bmw crap lying around haha! 

There's a complete m20b23 that's been sitting outside under cover for a few years now I should really make some effort to sell. 

Swapped a new engine into the 328ti :D Finally she lives again! Still need to sort a bad earth issue on it and get a final bubble out of the clutch line. Gearbox is still screwed but should hopefully last until xmas when funds will looks slightly better! So stoked to have it all running again, project post to follow tonight

• Like 2

After redoing the cooling system on both e46's a few weeks back (radiators/expansion tanks/thermostats/waterpumps etc) I tested both cars for leaks on Sunday and both passed perfect.

I then installed new bmw coolant (thanks Glenn) and distilled water into the red e46. The engine block drain plug is hard to get to but I managed it.

Babara will get her coolant done this weekend.

• Like 1

Black grills on the 328. Hardly a perfect fit but cheap and cheerful. :)

BlackGrills.jpg 

The lovely patina on the hood is sawdust, thanks neighbour!

Added M-Trim bits to the side of the 328Ti today, alltho broke some clips so will try track some new ones down tomorrow. Also gave her a wash and swapped to clear rear indicators! :D

14 hours ago, RedRocketTi said:

Added M-Trim bits to the side of the 328Ti today, alltho broke some clips so will try track some new ones down tomorrow. Also gave her a wash and swapped to clear rear indicators! :D

I have lots of clips, let me know the part numbers you need.

Spent the day putting this back together after rebuilding the crank, all went well till i broke a ring....bugger 

14563337_855336637935836_5969517247318236737_n.jpg

• Like 2

What engine is that Crunchy?

41 minutes ago, zero said:

What engine is that Crunchy?

S85 , not a cheap one i tell ya stil poor wee E36 is going to have heart attack when in the hole

• Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 9:25 PM, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

heyyyyyy, you didn't tell be you'd gone swede!  that a 7/9 series?  I'm picking 940 Turbo?

well, I washed mine after work the week before last, then drove home.  Packed it, put it on the ferry, drove about 2400kms around the south island, didn't miss a beat.  Couldn't imagine enjoying that trip in a japanese or korean FWD car.  

I freaking love the look of Andys vert. Please keep quoting it :D

• Like 2

Looks like an old photo as I spy a V12 E34 touring and about 50 missing cars :D

• Like 5

I reckon you're right, Dion!

• Like 1

Put the new radiator in the 328 and hooked everything up loosely and without the thermostat, flushed all the filth out of the system with tap water and a flushing agent. It was disgusting.

So, hopefully by the end of next weekend will have the thermostat and fan back in, everything tight and a new coolant system.

530 Touring spat its waterpump out so new w/p, t/stat, coolant reservoir and some hoses went in, all sitting spare waiting for an excuse to be put in.

Also plastic welded up a crack in the rocker cover, I'll be watching that like a hawk to see how it holds up.

Oh, and a new wheel sensor in the 520. Byebye yellow "oh sh*t" lights

just successfully flashed my e46 today, after 2 days of pulling my hair out.

55 minutes ago, Willus said:

just successfully flashed my e46 today, after 2 days of pulling my hair out.

Nice of you to trim before you flash, that's just polite.

But shaving is much less painful and a lot faster than plucking!

• Like 6