Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Finally got the injectors back in with new o-rings to replace the damaged ones... and still a no start :(. Need to get a NOID light and check for injector signal. Had some coughs immediately after pulsing an injector with 4.5V but nowhere near enough to catch.

Getting frustrating fast! Car ran fine prior to the rust repairs.

Had some rough running in the E38, changed plugs, they where rough as guts. Smooth now but after warming up makes a reasonable vanos noise. Looks like camshaft position sensor is causing trouble so will replace both of those this week as well and go from there .....

scrubbed the windscreen with rain-x extreme cleaner, and then rain-x'ed the screen.  in preparation for the over-hyped weather bomb the media is talking (nay, screaming) up... it's just wind, we get it all the time in Wellington!

and filled it up with 98.  

the insurance, disconnected the battery and covered it up.. and pushed it into the garage with the other toys

p7Kiin.jpg

NioHQI.jpg

Edited by d.p.n.s

Sold the red one to someone who will hopefully do everything I ever intended to with it. Mixed emotions.

• Like 1

Black one wrote a list of what to cut out and remove

Grey one wrote a list of.what is.needed from the black one and what to.check and.get.from the black one.If needed 

had my lower drivers seat side bolster foam and cover replaced at Waikato Motor Trimmers, great turn around time and good quality job.

IMAG1312.jpg

IMAG1335.jpg

• Like 1

wheels done (LOVING that Autoglym wheel brush!), washed... chamoised.

and now waxed, and tyres blaaaaaaaaaaacked. "ready for my close-up now, Mr DeMille"

Major fail, timing chain guide failure, deep gulp and now empty pockets.

At least picked it up prior to total engine melt down, so that's the third major issue addressed, now transmission rebuilt, cooling renewed and now last major timing chain to sort. Pretty much tickets all the major fails for an E38, oh maybe front suspension might fall apart yet. Ah character.....

• Like 4

Curbed a wheel - laaame

1 hour ago, Breaker said:

Major fail, timing chain guide failure, deep gulp and now empty pockets.

At least picked it up prior to total engine melt down, so that's the third major issue addressed, now transmission rebuilt, cooling renewed and now last major timing chain to sort. Pretty much tickets all the major fails for an E38, oh maybe front suspension might fall apart yet. Ah character.....

How did you pick it up before it totally failed? I thought it happens suddenly without warning.. (which makes it scary!)

1 hour ago, qube said:

How did you pick it up before it totally failed? I thought it happens suddenly without warning.. (which makes it scary!)

rattles for quite some time before it snaps from the chain flapping about

• Like 1

Another Pelican Parts order...arrggh

I have to do my PCV and replace my temp sensor, not the gauge one the DME one.  Yay...not, but I hate it when the bloody thing doesnt idle properly!

Didn't do anything Per se, but I set the rebound on my Konis before I installed them and ordered silicone vacuum hose and new waste gate control solenoids for the 335i. Oh and I took my M3 control arms out and oogled at them, waiting for a dry day in Wellington so I can fit them. 

21 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

rattles for quite some time before it snaps from the chain flapping about

Yip that, rattle as hell

Finally got around to swapping the diff in my e36. 3.46 open out, 2.93 LSD in. Much nicer gear ratios for a daily.

The diff that came out is really notchy in the 'diff gears' (turning the output flanges in opposite directions), is this common or is it f**ked?

Finishing filling, sanding and priming wheels for the E39. Ready for paint tomorrow.

IMG_5548.JPG

Also a much needed oil/filter change for e39.

Removed steering rack and degreased + started rubbing back E30 engine bay last night too, busy busy!

Edited by Lucan
  • Like 2

Washed, and fitted some fog lights I got the other day, also took some photos.... These fogs are temporary until my other yellow fog lights get sent up along with my M3 mirrors and one other supprise that is coming.... Watch this space next week all going well!!!!

waxxxxx-1.jpgwaxxxxx-3.jpg

• Like 3

Friday, clocked over 175,000 kms in my e46

E39: New RD center caps ordered and wheels painted...BMW titansilver, turned out pretty sweet! 

IMG_5562.JPG

E30: Bolted up manual steering rack and installed new tie rod ends. Still need to sort the passenger boot, can't see how it goes together

IMG_5566.JPG

59 minutes ago, Lucan said:

E30: Bolted up manual steering rack and installed new tie rod ends. 

Hmm, does an e36 M3 rack offer you anything? I have one wrapped up in the garage if so, let me know.

15 hours ago, M3AN said:

Hmm, does an e36 M3 rack offer you anything? I have one wrapped up in the garage if so, let me know.

Power steering or manual?