Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

XYZ Adjustable suspension went in, test drove then sold my Bilstein B12's to a mate and put them in his car, also took some photos.... I need to raise the front up a little to be practical :P 17373219_10154602236310787_2068707508_o.jpg

Failed Wof so more welding. Getting pretty sick of it!

25 minutes ago, huff3r said:

Failed Wof so more welding. Getting pretty sick of it!

On what Paul ??... the rover?

• Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 1:00 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

What parts are in the kit you are using? Any pics of the wheels? 

I'm using the kit engineered by a R3v user - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=306268

The wheels - I found some Style 61 16x7.5 ET20 rims: 
ALY59392U20.jpg
Hoping to paint them the same bronze colour as this M3's wheels:
4949898839_58b31c495e_z.jpg

Going onto my M52 swapped delphin coupe.

Edited by Kobra
Fixed a picture
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

On what Paul ??... the rover?

Well yes actually, but not in reference to this weekend. That was last weeks fail, and I'm leaving that to an exhaust shop cos I can't be bothered with rusty exhaust pipe.

The E30 failed on rust in the rear arches, under the fuse box, in the floor, and worst of all.... in the boot, by the left hinge, right in the corner (pretty hard to do anything in there!)

today was BMW action day for me.

e46:  was in at Page European to resolve an odd rattle at around 3000rpm.  Turns out it was the bushes where the airbox mounts to the inner guard.  handbrake adjusted.  And it's going back in next week for the diff mounts.

e60:  washed it.  used that new SmartWash in Newtown.  Seemed okay for a quick wash when you're in a hurry, probably a little better than my other fallback, the touchless carwashes they run at Caltex stations.  

other than that, waiting on suspension (OEM) parts...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Olaf said:

used that new SmartWash in Newtown

The only self wash in Wellington as far as I'm aware! Pretty crazy really. How much does it cost to spend a decent amount of time and do a proper/worthwhile wash there?

2 hours ago, Kepes said:

The only self wash in Wellington as far as I'm aware! Pretty crazy really. How much does it cost to spend a decent amount of time and do a proper/worthwhile wash there?

I managed to get away with 4 tokens - $8.00.  1:30 per token is a bit of a sh*t.  1:45 would be fairer, without being over-generous.  I sprayed my wheels first while I waited - before driving in -  and scrubbed them with my Auto Glym Wheel Brush, then did pre-soak, high pressure soap, foaming brush, then high pressure wash.  Take your own towel or chamois (I forgot).  

My wheels aren't looking flash; usually rinsing plenty with clear water before the cleaner dries gives me a good result.

Given it's a site that's bashed by the predominant northerly, some days of the week it'll be a real sh*t in there!

EDIT:  overall I get a much better result at home, but it takes four-five times longer.

Edited by Olaf
why?
  • Like 1

Finally got a WoF! Now to paint and seal so the rust won't come back.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, huff3r said:

Finally got a WoF! Now to paint and seal so the rust won't come back.

congratulations, Paul!

Minor item for me today.  Decremented shelf stock of air filters by one.  replaced e46 air filter, odometer 177220kms.  Page European mentioned it to me "your AF's a bit dirty".  As I had a stack of five at home...  "and then there were four".

I lifted my car and removed some of the stance nation camber from the front end so its a little more driveable and so I don't draw attention from the boys in blue while daily driving it.  Cert guys in chch are both away until April :( so may have to take it to Temuka or Dunedin to get it done before then!

The fitment in the front was nice while it was slammed out and had mad camber (Still had another 15mm lower to go on the struts too!)20170318-IMG_5117.jpg

• Like 2

e60:  Thoroughly washed the wheels.  Suds-bombed the car with AutoGlym shampoo.  Rinsed.  Washed with mitt.  dried with synthetic chamois.  Clay barred.  Waxed. 

Also replaced the air filter. 

Ignored it!! because it's miss firing and or running rough again!! and took Maximus instead.

Gloss black grill, black 545i boot emblem plus full set of all black roundels (hood, boot, steering wheel and wheel centers), have all turned up but unsure if they will go on yet. Also smoked black side indicator lights on the way. 

Edited by My545
  • Like 1

Easy fix, replaced side indicators and corner indicators, damn rubbish plastic tabs snapped in the corners so got a set off ebay, nice to get on after a couple weeks waiting delivery 

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

• Like 2

Picked these up cheap on trademe. Activated charcoal, so will see how that goes. 

31C8BABB-1E95-47A7-B64E-1F77123D3C61_zps

7BA35B50-DC31-46B7-BA10-C96DC37F96DC_zps

Removed the sheilds off the brakes on the E39... We get a stone in them EVERY time we go out, and the brand new discs are already marked to hell.

FYI: Whangarei District Council = retarded. The roading division seems to be all morons.

E36 Jatco conversion, anyone know a good glazier for custom glasswork? (coffee table).

170325-IMG_20170325_175926.jpg

Edited by tawa
  • Like 3

Gave the Ti a good clean, also polished up the lips a bit more, I need to fully sand one of them back as its badly pitted but they came up pretty well! Looks even better in person! 

Also wired up my economy gauge as the Ti bodys were never wired for it from factory!  I know its probably useless but its kinda cool to see it working now :)

17505695_10154620986345787_1232890725_n.jpg

P.S. Thats not a dent in the front guard, its a reflection, I freaked out when I saw this picture :P

• Like 1

Found out the hard way that the fuel line between my extended range tank and main tank is rotten. Luckily only about a litre leaked out, but still pretty frustrating! Better make sure I don't fill my tank up too much before I can fix it!

Petrol leaking from the top of a fuel tank was definitely a new one to me!

Started the M52 for the first time today in its new home in my alpine white coupe. Lots more still to do but it's a good milestone to achieve! Might do a thread some day 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Started the M52 for the first time today in its new home in my alpine white coupe. Lots more still to do but it's a good milestone to achieve! Might do a thread some day 

do a thread!

Pulled the front struts out of the e36, ready for a nice shiny pair of bilsteins to go in, then it rained.