Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Happy Christmas for you!! #SantalovesanM20build

• Like 1

Got me some new monsoons for the 316i for $1. Super excited 

Will hopefully get time to paint the style 32s this weekend and chuck them on. 

Then drive slowly everywhere 

• Haha 3

Took advantage of the time off to have a real good tidy up / clean out and sort in the garage.

Managed to get enough stuff onto shelves, into cupboards and in the bin to find the convertible again.

Now dusted off and started up (first time!!) she’s off for a WoF in the morning. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Must be that time again things have started to brake.

First  a phone call help flat tyre and sure as eggs the space saver turns out to be soft.

Next the drivers door won't lock with the key so the pull it apart and its toast lucky had some old bits hanging around

Not so much a repair but fitted an aux cable and connections fromthe radio to ash tray.

Have left the rear vent problem for now  a coffee is in order I feel.

• Haha 1

Made it shiny with Auto Glym UDS.  Also added gloss black grille, black side indicators and new wheel caps.
ff5i13tv.aqg.jpg

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, BM WORLD said:

A few days ago

AC1357F9-93AF-45F5-8A36-28AE20613E97.jpeg

What does a conversion like this cost? @BM WORLD imagine there is a quite a bit to change over in a 318i / 320i to handle the M engine.

6 hours ago, hunter said:

What does a conversion like this cost? @BM WORLD imagine there is a quite a bit to change over in a 318i / 320i to handle the M engine.

yes costly in parts , labour not to bad, call me if you wish to discuss 

Changed the oil and filter in Miss M's 318i.

Changed Power Steering reservoir and feeder lines on the 740, bugger has been leaking quite bad, last leak now sorted, well for now anyway 

Realised I've been driving around with my MAF-less induction tuning mod for the last few days after topping up PS fluid... wondered why idle and pull were better that usual.

328InductionMod.jpg

• Haha 1

That's a cool, lo-cost performance upgrade!! Not sure it would be healthy in the long run though?

As the sun was shining this morning and the traffic is very light with holidays, etc I decided to pull the convetible out of the garage for the daily commute. Happy Fri-yay!

5 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

That's a cool, lo-cost performance upgrade!! Not sure it would be healthy in the long run though?

I suspect it would fail after getting sucked into the manifold and jamming the throttle butterfly open and causing brown-pants syndrome.

So yeah, probably not a long term solution. But it is a convenient way to run the engine when working in there... just remember to revert it lol.

• Like 1

Thought I’d cooked a subwoofer. Turned out to a screw working loose on the badge causing a voice coil gone type rattle

EEDE40BD-9CDD-4778-A027-C54FB31E576C.jpeg

• Haha 1

removed dash trim to inspect rattles 

discover all screw points are cracked or completely  broken (these are the rattles) in the cd player, central aircon vent and other fixing points behind the trim / fascia.

Anyone else experienced this type of bracket mass malfunction? possibly age?

Needless to say, I am now in the market for a center vent and upper instrument panel bracket, if anyone is wrecking....

Edited by hunter
added bits

20 hours ago, hunter said:

...Anyone else experienced this type of bracket mass malfunction? possibly age?

Do you have an aftermarket head unit, laser detector or alarm or anything like that? I've found most installers of such things to be so careless it's shocking.

Also, if it's an import it may have been pulled apart to install transponders.

But I don't think it's age, most likely carelessness on behalf of a PO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M3AN said:

Do you have an aftermarket head unit, laser detector or alarm or anything like that? I've found most installers of such things to be so careless it's shocking.

Also, if it's an import it may have been pulled apart to install transponders.

But I don't think it's age, most likely carelessness on behalf of a PO.

True that. I do have a recent after market HU, I took the car back to the installer yesterday and they had a look. They confirmed that the bits that are busted they dont touch when installing. So I'm nine the wiser as to who and when, but have just now managed to get a full center dash bracket out of a local parts car for 20 bucks. 

Getting a decent 2nd hand air vent might be a bit more of a challenge. Seems any part that has people contact is marked or marred in some fashion. 

Not content with having the wife’s E46 and the E30 racecar in bits, I decided to take the E30 convertible apart!!

Have had a timing belt and camshaft seal sitting in a box for 3 years so decided to finally get on with it before it snaps. Only ever done a belt with the engine out before, bit more challenging with it in the car!!

Put a new water pump and thermostat into an e91.  I will be happy if i don't have to do that again for ten years.

Even got drift tyres on the rear

And Semi-slicks on the front. Will be getting a set of decent tires all around.

Epic. Please leave it de-badged.

I might accept an ///M318i badge, however technically inaccurate it might be.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1