Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

10 hours ago, M3AN said:

Epic. Please badge it.

I will accept only a 316i badge, however technically inaccurate it might be.;)

Fixed that for ya ???

• Haha 2

I'm picking some traction issues! ?

What happened to Brent's post?

Sort-of makes the last few posts look off...

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Finished installing a Dension Gateway in the M5, gives me bluetooth streaming and ipod connection and lets me keep the cd changer.  Uses Idrive controller and steering wheel buttons but loses voice control, i have never used that so no great loss. Disconnected and removed the original TCU, I was going to remove the original bluetooth aerials but they are a complete ballache to get at so they can stay for now.

• Like 1

Unless you ^ have a ton of concrete in the trunk your rear suspension is looking a bit tired.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, aja540i said:

Finished installing a Dension Gateway in the M5, gives me bluetooth streaming and ipod connection and lets me keep the cd changer.  Uses Idrive controller and steering wheel buttons but loses voice control, i have never used that so no great loss. Disconnected and removed the original TCU, I was going to remove the original bluetooth aerials but they are a complete ballache to get at so they can stay for now.

Got some details please, Andrew?  Would this unit be suitable for my '04 545i?  TIA.

Finally switched to non-runflat tyres. What a change, transformed the car significantly!

Went with Dunlop SP SportMaxx 050+ 245/35/20 at the front and 275/30/20 at the rear. Did not realise how massive 275/30 look when off a rim...

$350ea fronts, $375ea rears fitted/balanced

Would highly recommend Tyretech on Archers road for those in Auckland. Very competitive prices and good service. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, M3AN said:

Unless you ^ have a ton of concrete in the trunk your rear suspension is looking a bit tired.

Looks more like it’s been lowered to me

10 hours ago, Olaf said:

Got some details please, Andrew?  Would this unit be suitable for my '04 545i?  TIA.

They should have one that will work for you, I bought direct from Dension website. Mine is a gateway 500 something.... 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, M3AN said:

Spare XYZs for the race car 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Went on a date..

Does she put out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

Spare XYZs for the race car 

Nice, perfect tyre/wheel/suspension setup! ;)

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2019 at 9:34 PM, hunter said:

removed dash trim to inspect rattles 

discover all screw points are cracked or completely  broken (these are the rattles) in the cd player, central aircon vent and other fixing points behind the trim / fascia.

Anyone else experienced this type of bracket mass malfunction? possibly age?

Needless to say, I am now in the market for a center vent and upper instrument panel bracket, if anyone is wrecking....

Repaired all of the above issues this weekend

Thanks to @BM WORLD for the center vent.

Discovered upon fully replacing the instrument bracket that at some point, someone had cut the middle out of it to more easily (rather that Properly) fir wiring harness back there for aftermarket HU. Probably when it first came into the country.... which made the bracket much less solid than the complete one, good to have that sorted too.

Every this is all back together noe with added low VOC tape strategically placed to minimize rattles and squeaks.

next is take for a drive to enusre no major rattles in dash etc before putting last pieces of trim in place 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:11 AM, M3AN said:

Nice, perfect tyre/wheel/suspension setup! ;)

Mate, m40b16, crap tyres, XYZs.... no wonder it never gets used. 

• Haha 1

Got a bit distracted on the replacement of the timing belt for the E30 cabrio, now proceeding to order all sorts of little bits and pieces that are either broken or brittle. Even splashed out on a couple of new front grille pieces - the LH and RH black grilles.

Hopefully they wont sit in the box as long as the timing belt did, LoL.

• Like 1

Replaced the expansion tank in the M5, including the rubber mount that had mysteriously disappeared.....

Made them both clean, at the same time. 

50655417_10155684116132693_992453524904214528_o.jpg

20190127_100746.thumb.jpg.56d4bfa1eaefce0326ab6f16cc7ce2cd.jpg

Scored this wee gem at pickapart yesterday 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Hopefully they wont sit in the box as long as the timing belt did, LoL.

Found the invoice in the box, was date 02.05.2014 - so not quite shy of five years old before I got around to fitting it, Lol.

And finally all back together again. Started and ran with no obvious dramas, took her a few miles round the block and all seems good - fingers crossed.

A little bit of a spit and polish on the glass and chrome. Replaced the cover over the drivers wing mirror with an unbroken one with all the clips intact as that was bugging me.

Next job to install these bad boys...

AE057853-E09A-4A72-B6AE-0C9E9ABBD0D6.jpeg