Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

1 minute ago, Mikan said:

Oh no SJ! Such terrible news. Hope you are unharmed. Wondered why you had put the call out for a baur when you already had this peach. Sorry man. 

I got moderate injuries man, both shoulders are screwed, right wrist, neck injury. Right leg injured but I hit the wall 3 times and got thrown around quite a bit. I should be fine in a week or so. I have 20 percent efficiency in my usual movements because of being thrown around so much but I'm alive. My heart is completely obliterated and a part of my soul died with that car but I am grateful I'm alive. Thanks man. 

• Sad 2

Sorry to read of this SJ, a real bummer.  Glad to hear your injuries are ‘minor’ (that is, no breakages).

heal well, mate.  The metal is replaceable, even though rare.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Sorry to read of this SJ, a real bummer.  Glad to hear your injuries are ‘minor’ (that is, no breakages).

heal well, mate.  The metal is replaceable, even though rare.

I just have muscle tissue injuries, couple of tears etc but I should make a full recovery with some physio. No breakages thankfully. Moving is quite hard but I have to force myself to do it. Thanks mate for the well wishes. She was rare and is going to be hard to replace but atleast I'm alive. 

How does that go for your workshop, mate?  

• Like 1

SJ! sorry to see and read this mate. I know how much this car meant to you when we talked about it as it sat outside your shop before you turned it into what it had become..

such a shame but I am really glad that you are alright and not injured too badly. 

Everything happens for a reason and I am sure that more good things will come your way for sure! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Olaf said:

How does that go for your workshop, mate?  

I'll be back to it next week mate. You can't keep me down for too long. I'm already having withdrawels from work. The day it happened I went back to work and did front shocks and suspension on a clients e46 not knowing I'd sustained the injuries I had until getting properly checked out lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, qube said:

SJ! sorry to see and read this mate. I know how much this car meant to you when we talked about it as it sat outside your shop before you turned it into what it had become..

such a shame but I am really glad that you are alright and not injured too badly. 

Everything happens for a reason and I am sure that more good things will come your way for sure! 

Thanks Kyu. Honestly brother I'm completely heartbroken and there's a massive void to fill now but in time I shall get there man. Everything does happen for a reason indeed and I'm just hoping to bounce back stronger. I will most likely be building a mtech 1 325i convertible if I can't find a pfl baur again

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Sorry for your loss bro. Chin up and all the best to make bmthug version 2.0!

Thanks bro. It's a long hard road ahead but I'll bget there man

Pulled the centre console out to find out why the Aux in wasn't working on my E91 335i.

Discovered it was unplugged behind the rear panel at back of console due to wires being crushed in a 2cm section. Replaced the wires and it works fine, can't understand why someone would go to the trouble of pulling the console just to unplug the connector, why not spend 5 minutes and fix it why you have access?

• Like 1

Over the last few days...

• Pulled the aircon compressor out of the 328, it's dripping fluid and aircon has never worked... was already missing one mounting bolt and one of the remaining three sheared off as soon as I twisted it. The bottom two are easily rotted way down there. It's unlikely to ever go back on, might remove the tensioner from that side also as well as the rest of the aircon gubbins.
  • Got the steering wheel straightened on the M3, it was a tiny (but annoying) bit off after the last alignment (for the new steering rack). Called the shop and they were like 'that's no good, bring it straight in' and it took less than 10 mins. Happy.
  • Re-hung the exhaust on the M3, the tips were hanging too low (for a number of years, since I had my diff seals done) and now, after using a different hanger mounting hole, are perfectly aligned. Happy with that.

Still chasing some front end imbalance on the 328...

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 2

Serviced the wife's 116d, pretty simple apart from the oil filter cap being in a prick of a place to get a chain wrench on - took a bit of huffing and puffing to get that off but got there in the end.

Anybody know a simple way to reset the service indicator on the E87? Would be good to do it myself rather than have to take it into work and hook it up to a diagnostic machine,. etc.

Still waiting on the o-rings to finish the 330d wagon off, but I am getting close to being able to work on the race car again.

• Like 1

Guessing its along the same lines as most newer models which involve holding down the trip reset with ign on?.

• Thanks 1

Did one of the best mods you can make to any car imho. Not only to protect your own investment but I remember, years ago now, a young woman on an Auckland motorway trapped in a burning car and an extinguisher could have saved her life.

1B5AAB67-3B7C-4CF1-B4DD-72CF92E2EC48.thumb.jpeg.cb288efd3e6630a0adc9ba78d99b790f.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Secniv said:

Did one of the best mods you can make to any car imho. Not only to protect your own investment but I remember, years ago now, a young woman on an Auckland motorway trapped in a burning car and an extinguisher could have saved her life.

Yep, that one is etched into my mind forever, was very sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Secniv said:

Did one of the best mods you can make to any car imho...

How have you mounted it? Did you bolt the bracket to the tray?

I've always wondered about the front (pass) seat mounts that were an e36 option back in the day and whether they'd still be okay.

12 hours ago, M3AN said:

How have you mounted it? Did you bolt the bracket to the tray?

I've always wondered about the front (pass) seat mounts that were an e36 option back in the day and whether they'd still be okay.

Yes.

I guess in the cabin would be ideal particularly if you track.

New nostrils for the 530 and scored a broken HVAC unit to pillage all the buttons off the have a stock pile and replace some currently busted ones in the car. 

With some gentle pressure these guys pop right out in tact so replacing the current problem ones will be easy. 

20190501_172056.jpg

20190501_171034.jpg

Edited by hunter
  • Like 3

Finally got around to ripping out the South African show spec boot install, and fitted Pick a Part carpet (needs some more fettling to level it out). Its on tardme if anyone wants it.

NpBAiKw.jpg

kBMNitM.jpg

Also got some BC Golds on the way, and looking for a purple tag rack. 

Edited by KwS

On 4/26/2019 at 8:10 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Serviced the wife's 116d, pretty simple apart from the oil filter cap being in a prick of a place to get a chain wrench on - took a bit of huffing and puffing to get that off but got there in the end.

Anybody know a simple way to reset the service indicator on the E87? Would be good to do it myself rather than have to take it into work and hook it up to a diagnostic machine,. etc.

Still waiting on the o-rings to finish the 330d wagon off, but I am getting close to being able to work on the race car again.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2019 at 9:34 AM, BMTHUG said:

I will most likely be building a mtech 1 325i convertible if I can't find a pfl baur again

Guessing you saw the Baur that hit TradeMe the last few days?

34 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

Guessing you saw the Baur that hit TradeMe the last few days?

no? hahaha link please 

7 minutes ago, BMTHUG said:

no? hahaha link please 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1608461343.htm?rsqid=ec3615ada6bd4ae2b3d8afa881652c75-002 in Palmy North at a dealership, not sure how the pricing is but looks tidy enough as a starting point.

2 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1608461343.htm?rsqid=ec3615ada6bd4ae2b3d8afa881652c75-002 in Palmy North at a dealership, not sure how the pricing is but looks tidy enough as a starting point.

ahhh I've seen this one man but I'm partial to the e30 chassis :( 

IMG_20190502_101122.thumb.jpg.f45eee43f9650970ecab491eec527958.jpg

13 minutes ago, BMTHUG said:

ahhh I've seen this one man but I'm partial to the e30 chassis :( 

Just checking you saw this one on the fb classifieds recently? 

Edited by Mikan
Anonymised
  • Like 1