Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

3 minutes ago, gjm said:

Sold / gave away lots and lots of E30 bits. Can't sensibly take them with us to Hawke's Bay.

?

WHAT? WHY? Just leave the furniture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Installed 2 thirds of my new Bavsound speaker set up in the E39

Rear deck drivers and rear door tweeters done. Will tackle the front door drivers and tweeters next day i don't have a 3.5 year old nipping at my heels :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Allanw said:

WHAT? WHY? Just leave the furniture.

Apparently that wasn't an option!

<Mutter mutter mutter mutter...>

• Haha 2

Made my e36 too low. 

Now to raise it up so I can get out the driveway. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, gjm said:

Sold / gave away lots and lots of E30 bits. Can't sensibly take them with us to Hawke's Bay.

?

Be good to meet up some time when you are installed in the sunny HB

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gjm said:

Apparently that wasn't an option!

<Mutter mutter mutter mutter...>

My thoughts too

• Like 1

Transportation mode. 

20190616_145409.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BozzaFC said:

New rims @hunter?

Some temp stand ins mate. Style 65 reps, unfortunately square offset (et18, I discovered on collection) but after a clean up should look ok for when I eventually get around to refurbishing the style 42s. 

I may sell them off after I clean them up lol we'll see. 

5 hours ago, hunter said:

Some temp stand ins mate. Style 65 reps, unfortunately square offset (et18, I discovered on collection) but after a clean up should look ok for when I eventually get around to refurbishing the style 42s. 

I may sell them off after I clean them up lol we'll see. 

Drove past you on the way up from the park down the road today as you were loading up? didn’t realize you were a member!

Edited by Lucan

4 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Drove past you on the way up from the park down the road today as you were loading up? didn’t realize you were a member!

Yep that would have been me, in Remuera. Loading up fast with 2 antsy borderline meltdown kids in the car ??

• Haha 1

Replaced the heater control valve hose lines and started it up, coolant still leaks. Looked deeper, heater control valve aux motor was leaking.

Will need to get a new / replacement ie second hand one. In the mean time since the 750 is parking awaiting a new idler pulley, that lost its aux pump to donate to the 740. At least one working BMW now, ?‍♂️ And a whole lot less skin on my knuckles, PITA place on the fire wall to get to

17 minutes ago, hunter said:

Yep that would have been me, in Remuera. Loading up fast with 2 antsy borderline meltdown kids in the car ??

That's why fold down seats are good, you relocate them to the boot easily when you need a break.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

That's why fold down seats are good, you relocate them to the boot easily when you need a break.

....And huge roof baskets. Lol but only during summer months. 

Life's been busy lately, and I haven't had much occasion to post here, or even read much. Alas, fate intervened about a week and a half ago, on the day there was massive massive rain up here. Was driving off of Dairy Flat Highway, and during a minute period the rain got so thick I couldn't see. Thought something was in front of the car, swerved to not hit something, hit something else instead. There was a high curb and wall next to it. The wall the car might have survived, but the curb killed it... Damaged everything between the wheel and the engine, and from that oil leak, even the bottom end of the engine got it too.

EDIT: That could be the transmission pan that got it, unclear. I didn't climb under to look. 

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

Edited by Gabe79
  • Sad 6

Bummer dude.  Still, nobody hurt, I trust.

22 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Bummer dude.  Still, nobody hurt, I trust.

Nobody hurt. Car and pride only.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Dude... that's a real bummer. Is it a write off? 

It is. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, qube said:

insurance pay out?

Agreed value policy with Tower. Until now I was neutral towards them, at best. We use them for house, contents, and both cars. They can be annoying as anything, and disorganized, and such. They paid out without fuss here. Zero hassle, and whilst their admin department is horrible, their claims department was super helpful and effective.

• Like 4

Damn

On the positive side at least it can be replaced easy if required or you can change to something else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Damn

On the positive side at least it can be replaced easy if required or you can change to something else

That's the idea. Wife is keen on a Toyota, and I might just have to go with that to save myself considerable grief. Her experience of my BMW ownership was not a positive one! :)

Haha, to be honest you didn't exactly pick a cheap to maintain model\chassis, but you could of done much worse.

Many people would happily spend more on the purchase price to buy something newer or more reliable etc, even though buying something cheaper\older and having to spend money on fixing it to a decent standard could up cheaper in the long run. I think everyone hates dealing with cars now and again.     

• Like 1

Replaced a door handle because I own an e53. And fixed the loose window reg clip while i was in there, because I own an e53 

Also got a e39 525 that runs and drives okay for $150. The owner said it didn't run but it ran pretty nice after I put some petrol in. And towed it home because I own an e53 

20190615_102824.jpg

20190615_102415.jpg

Edited by dirtydoogle
  • Like 4