Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Without the motivation to do something productive I moved various sets of wheels and tyres around in the garage and cleaned some.

Put my 15” weaves with the semi-slicks onto the ‘vert so I can take the Alpina reps to get the tyres taken off. After approx 20 years the Avons have given up and started to crack on the inside wall, which is a real shame as they have heaps of tread left..

Will use the opportunity to clean up the road rash on the edges.

Also took the ‘vert for a spin around the block to keep everything moving and loose while she’s sidelined for winter.

28 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Also took the ‘vert for a spin around the block to keep everything moving and loose while she’s sidelined for winter.

What is this winter you speak of, I got sunburnt today

• Haha 2

Haha, very true. I only have the vert on the road for summer cruising (Nov - Apr) and then sh’s tucked in the garage for a rest over “winter” (May - Oct).

Totally passes me by that it’s November next week - fark! Better get my skates on with the jobs to do on her.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, hunter said:

Rattle hunting today

Every since i bought the E39, about 6 months ago, there has been a loose metallic "jangle" or rattle from the drivers side ffront wheel well area. local shop checked it out when doing other work, reported nothing loose.

Had some time today and decided to check it out myself, removed the wheel, inspected suspension bits, stone guard and rattle clips.  All seemed tight with no extra noise.

Moved to the under side of the car, knocking on the undertray - bingo! rattly, loose screws and washers all over the under side

With a number of scews / bolts actaully missing and others loose plenty of tightening followed with 2screws not able to be tightened as they dont seem to be fasteneing into anything on the otherside, these 2 were re- stuck in place with wads of bluetack (ghetto i know but a more permanent solution once road tested)

Bit more investigtion today, lots of mis-aligned fastners and can see some bent bits where the bolts are supposed to screw into after removing spot lights and peering behind the bumper..., reckon i'm gunna need to pull the undertray, any one know how much of a mission this is? potentially front inner guard liners too  to get it all lined up again properly....

Edited by hunter

57 minutes ago, hunter said:

how much of a mission this is?

Easy... but you need a bit of height off the ground to get the undertray off, wheel arch liners also easy... follow your nose... get some more little plastic rivets first etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hqstu said:

Easy... but you need a bit of height off the ground to get the undertray off, wheel arch liners also easy... follow your nose... get some more little plastic rivets first etc.

Cheers Stu, thinking a bot more on this, might pull the front bumper first.That way i can (theoretically) see where all the screw holes are supposed to line up to on the brackets that the undertray attaches too. and adjust re-fasten as required.

the left hand side wheel arch liner, bottom pad is smashed ( thought this wa sa seperate peice) but  is part of thr wheel liner so will need a new one of those in time.

Well spent a fair bit of time on the door alignment.......

Car goes back for a groom next week, if the boys dont give it a pass mark at the coffee meeting. I will get the panel beater to have a go.

Doors on.jpg

• Like 5

Beautiful Colour!

On 10/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Totally passes me by that it’s November next week - fark! Better get my skates on with the jobs to do on her.

Bringing her down to e30 Mega Meet, Jon?

I would love to Olaf, I keep saying every year that I will be doing it.. but the chances are pretty remote as I have too much to do on the car, and heaps of other things going on at the moment.

You never know though, the garage pixies might finally show up and do some work for me..

• Like 1

Cleaned the seats today in the E39 and the toyota. 

Also Cleaned the boot floor liner in the E39. Had a few stains from previous owners, most of them came out with a good squirt of amourall upholstery foam cleaner. 

20191031_143935.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I would love to Olaf, I keep saying every year that I will be doing it.. but the chances are pretty remote as I have too much to do on the car, and heaps of other things going on at the moment.

You never know though, the garage pixies might finally show up and do some work for me..

do-it-do-it-now.jpg.dae354639568d23447890ecc0cbe4ae8.jpg

• Haha 1

1200km in one day...

73205962_10156271662942693_5512304020032585728_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:28 PM, BozzaFC said:

Before and after photos?

The pic above is the before ish. Actually didnt take a proper one. In the after pic   we can see a much cleaner looking boot liner. 

20191101_140518.jpg

• Like 1

Figured out why my windscreen washer stopped working.

Soaked in WD40, knocked all the lumps of rot out, and it lives again :D At least until parts turn up to replace it. 

75199943_10156293472967693_9213090559458017280_o.jpg

74495627_10156293472822693_1608544752196648960_o.jpg

• Like 4

Ordered a new alternator regulator and earth cable with IBS to try and sort out the intermittant charging fault in the M5. Hopefully one or the other sorts it out.

Picked up new front and rear window seals today from Coombes, plus new under tray hardware. 

To be fitted as time allows. 

20191116_112422.jpg

• Like 2

Hit a hare in the m3, again. this time ripped the front centre bumper trim off and numberplate and couldn’t find it anywhere. So need to order a replacement euro p.plate. Plus smashed the lower mesh grill as well as the oil cooler bracket so that started scraping along the ground. Luckily I had some cable ties and could tie it up to get back home. Uggghhhhh

• Sad 2

Oh, stink! That sucks.

I drove around with a busted oil cooler bracket too without knowing it, when I discovered it I realised just how lucky I'd been, losing that would be messy and potentially terminal.

Meguiars 105 and their ultimate finishing polish on a rotary polisher. The sanding marks were from an attempt at fixing stone chips. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BozzaFC said:

That’s come up really nice @BreakMyWindow! What did you use for that? 

I 2nd this lol