Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Yeah, I think an E30 can definately pull off orange. 

Think it depends on the rest of the car/lights such as side indicators and rears

• Like 1

Wore my original knob out, too much shifting. Storm motorwerks V4, big chunk of machined stainless.. its got some heft. 

91799537_10156670914837693_2578772598733144064_o.jpg

• Like 3

Week 1... Making it shiny. Might be going crazy. 

Soft99 KoG over top of Fusso 12.

IMG_20200401_195349.jpg

IMG_20200402_133321.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Week 1... Making it shiny. Might be going crazy. 

Soft99 KoG over top of Fusso 12.

That, is Fu@&$ng shiny 

Cup holders looked a little bit dirty, and there was a dog hair stuck under the passenger seat...

Might pull the windows out next week to clean em :D

91921948_10156690326227693_1289846599601618944_o.jpg

91773445_10156690326037693_526724060353134592_o.jpg

• Haha 1

It get's pretty gross under there eh!?

• Like 1

Gave the headlights a bit of a tickle up with Chemical guys all in one headlight treatment. Came up alright. 

IMG_20200405_090330_294.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

It get's pretty gross under there eh!?

Was actually looking for a micro SD card I lost in the car a few years ago, had epic footage of me driving a toy plane into a pole at 250kmh. 

Coded out a few frustrating things on the F10 and the i3, stupid automatic start stop option on the M5 now doesn’t default on, ? 

• Like 3

Swapped over drivers door on the e36 after a wee bump I had a couple of years ago. Now fits nicely instead of being bent, also nice to have a working window as the replacement door has a working window regulator 

De chrome time on the wagon.

Did it on the car as I didnt want to remove and re adhere. Takes agggggges to mask all the surroundings tho

DSC_1055.thumb.JPG.472e7c1234187ccdb2cd0420d69e85e9.JPG

• Like 1

@Jacko black is so good with cut and polish, but you nearly have to clean is every day. Sold my old black car because of this ?

Here's as good as I could get the e91 bonnet

What compound you using?

local_media1807224538308221705.thumb.jpg.93a4bea816949ee0f9beefc0e6109128.jpg

I bough the 3 bottle kit from Soft 99, its pretty good, and well priced. Smell reminds me of old Tamiya polishing compound from toy cars in the 80s :) Have had good results with Meguiars ultimate compound and polish too, but its pricey. 

I just use a cheap nasty supercheap DA and a Luxxio pad. The stock BMW paint is hard... 

Edited by Jacko
  • Thanks 1

Today finally tackled the ugly blue titanium tips on the end of my M3's backbox. The agency power boxes come with only one option for tips, that being a burnt titanium blue finish. Little bit too racer boy for me however one came  up recently on trademe for cheap and it was a V1 version of the agency power muffler which is pretty rare. Couldn't pass it up, the downsides being a bent flange and the ugly tips. With all the extra time in the quarantine, today I decided to drill out the rivets, take the tips off and see what I could do about the blue. Set up with a wire brush wheel and it came out awesome! Also seems the agency power logo is etched into the titanium so even after taking the blue finish off, the logo remained. Bonus. Pop riveted them back on with slightly bigger aluminium rivets I had lying around. If I had known it would come out this good I would have taken a proper before and after. Tips are still a bit wonky as is expected with early AP section 3's but major improvement.

1.jpg

2.jpg

20200407_152705.jpg

• Like 2

@Harper that's a sweet ride dude, I nearly bought an e46 m3 back in the days there were still a few on the market reasonably priced. Totally regretting not diving in. Got the 330ci instead

41 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

@Harper that's a sweet ride dude, I nearly bought an e46 m3 back in the days there were still a few on the market reasonably priced. Totally regretting not diving in. Got the 330ci instead

Thanks mate! Been an incredibly rewarding car to own so far though it's still pretty new to me. Owned for about 8 months now and haven't looked back. 330 Coupe is still very cool imo, got a friend in the market for one right now though I don't like his chances until well after everything has calmed down. 

Ive got a 325ci for sale if hes interested. A bit less power than a 3L but still the same M54 engine.

22 minutes ago, qube said:

Ive got a 325ci for sale if hes interested. A bit less power than a 3L but still the same M54 engine.

Yeah I've seen yours already, sadly hes after a manual otherwise I would have passed him over to you. GL all the same.

• Like 1

Replaced the bootlid on Miss M's E46. Having managed to find one the right colour, it was a shame that the PO had taken shears to all the wiring, but never mind - fed the existing wiring through all the boot cavities.
Doesn't fit perfectly, but it's pretty close. and looks a lot better than the original one :)

• Like 2

My latest e39 revival, a 96 528.  Today I re-installed a replacement electric rear blind, after having also spray dyed the parcel shelf.  Was a b#@ch to get out but went back in a lot easier... It even works !!  Also tackling a multitude of clear coat scratching with wet sand plus the 3 step 3M cut & polish, long way to go...

20200405_142207.jpg

20200408_112658.jpg

20200408_112723.jpg

20200412_145923.jpg

• Like 5

Got a few little things done to the 330ci over Easter:

• Front and rear sway bar bushings
  • Adjusted front bumper and resprayed the aged lower plastic mesh.
  • Stitched on a new steering wheel cover - had one on earlier and it was great but was synthetic leather and I did a so-so job stitching - got a higher quality proper leather one and took my time - much better.

Got a week of AL coming up last week of the month (Managers encouraged to take 4 days in April ?) so will be tackling vanos seals, vanos oil line then oil filter housing gasket.

Got a new fuel filter too for when the shops open and I can get some new fuel line and vacuum hose.

• Like 1

Got a replica of a BMW performance spoiler so with nothing else to do chucked it on.

Much better presence than the factory spoiler.

20200414_111307.jpg

20200417_162640.jpg

• Like 3