Jump to content
Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, kiwi535 said:

.I serviced that car by the book too.

And therein lies the answer. Most E39's aren't adequately looked after, hence the problems my three keep giving me because nobody changed the gearbox oil, or the thermostat, of put f***ing aliexpress MAF and cam sensors in. I don't think they are all unreliable- I just think 99.5% of them are suffering from neglectful ignorant and/or cheapskate owners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

And therein lies the answer. Most E39's aren't adequately looked after, hence the problems my three keep giving me because nobody changed the gearbox oil, or the thermostat, of put f***ing aliexpress MAF and cam sensors in. I don't think they are all unreliable- I just think 99.5% of them are suffering from neglectful ignorant and/or cheapskate owners.

i hope your 99.5 % is wrong!I will only ever be able to buy a used example!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 1:39 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

@dirtydoogle genuine question, will it do a skid?

most definitely.  my mates and I explored the limits of handling of his split-screen minor when we were in high school.  great way to hone one's skills at speeds where you could barely get into trouble.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yesterday, I took the e60 to the coin-operated carwash, and washed away the berries and birdsh*t that had accumulated over the past few weeks.  I lavished upon it the wheel wash, pre-soak, tri foam wash, and high powered rinse.  I did brandish my Auto Glym wheel brush at the wheels.  4 tokens, ten bucks.  

After a quick chamois off (I'm DEFINITELY going to get one of those rapid towels from @Barryn soon), I gave it a quick light wax, and used my scone-grabbers to buff it off.  

I guess being constricted on water use in Wellington is a small price to pay for such wonderful weather.   Now the e60 is looking good, and I'm avoiding trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Olaf said:

yesterday, I took the e60 to the coin-operated carwash, and washed away the berries and birdsh*t that had accumulated over the past few weeks.  I lavished upon it the wheel wash, pre-soak, tri foam wash, and high powered rinse.  I did brandish my Auto Glym wheel brush at the wheels.  4 tokens, ten bucks.  

After a quick chamois off (I'm DEFINITELY going to get one of those rapid towels from @Barryn soon), I gave it a quick light wax, and used my scone-grabbers to buff it off.  

I guess being constricted on water use in Wellington is a small price to pay for such wonderful weather.   Now the e60 is looking good, and I'm avoiding trees.

coin operated carwash..?????Is there a specific venue?I do not know i grudgingly use a petroll station one when the pajero looks in dire need of a wash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

coin operated carwash..?????Is there a specific venue?I do not know i grudgingly use a petroll station one when the pajero looks in dire need of a wash

Hi Paul, if I use an auto machine wash it's *only* the Caltex 'touchless' wash, there's no brushes and results are pretty good - for an automated machine.

Coin wash (or tokens) is called Smart Wash (errr yeah) and is found at the Z on Constable Street in Newtown.  I reckon your Pajero would cost you about $15 to do, unless you work really, really fast.  Basically 1.5 minutes per  token, you select what comes out via a dial.  Easy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Hi Paul, if I use an auto machine wash it's *only* the Caltex 'touchless' wash, there's no brushes and results are pretty good - for an automated machine.

Coin wash (or tokens) is called Smart Wash (errr yeah) and is found at the Z on Constable Street in Newtown.  I reckon your Pajero would cost you about $15 to do, unless you work really, really fast.  Basically 1.5 minutes per  token, you select what comes out via a dial.  Easy!

thanks mate i will look into that.I dont really have enough flat space at home to wash  the car safely.I used to keep the 535 quite nice but the road is becoming to busy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admired it.

F4134347-BEF5-4583-9F3E-E988E53D4ACA.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 10:37 PM, kiwi535 said:

thanks mate i will look into that.I dont really have enough flat space at home to wash  the car safely.I used to keep the 535 quite nice but the road is becoming to busy

think I'll take the e46 there tomorrow morning.  it could do with a sudsing.

Is there still heavy water restriction in wellington, or is that just sprinklers?

Edited by Olaf
restrictions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Olaf said:

think I'll take the e46 there tomorrow morning.  it could do with a sudsing.

Is there still heavy water restriction in wellington, or is that just sprinklers?

AFAIK only sprinklers and we have had some rain

edit yes only sprinklers

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These arrived today, photo of why on my project page

5a5e8befebf28_VTenginemounts(Small).jpg.5be8786afc10b3910cf92813e4aca406.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went for a drive. Car did the christmas tree warning lights of doom. Shat self, then removed swimming pool that the PDC was sitting in...

 

Crazy rain from weird direction last few days apparently made both house and car leak. 

 

26907500_10154915418992693_3003041412533315788_n.jpg

26907777_10154915418457693_8287372244222095378_n.jpg

26841093_10154915440742693_5434748745116690066_o.jpg

 

Edited by Jacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed a M Tech II steering wheel in my E34, couldn't be more happy with the look and feel over the stock one._DSC9801.thumb.JPG.b915c53241da385019369156f23e157e.JPG_DSC9803.thumb.JPG.d0eb775aabeddd3664aece02f3726b59.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Rad, shroud and fan arrive :rolleyes:

..........still in the US, Oil cooler lines, Rad/Cooler hardware :unsure:

By the way I have a damaged E36 Rad shroud, broken top tab and some fan marks but if anyone wants it  pm me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove it - New Plymouth to Hamilton B) .. washed it... as you do...

 

20180122_201534.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hqstu said:

Drove it - New Plymouth to Hamilton B) .. washed it... as you do...

 

20180122_201534.jpg

It’s a great drive, would be the right car for it :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished bolting in the front end for the mock up of the 5stud / commodore brake upgrade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mr Vapour said:

commodore brake upgrade.  

Commodore brake upgrade? Is that where you use an A frame to tow the latest Commodore around and the weight slows you down for every corner??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess its never too late for a weekend post.... 

I picked up a new sedan, 318i NZ New and factory manual! It still has the original ownership book and keyring from Christchurch BMW!!!!

$200 was too good to pass up with a fresh wof a little over a week ago and rego!  A couple of new engine mounts and a clean and she runs mint!

26937761_10155472976875787_526804799_o.thumb.jpg.53942170f1665ea5ef433362c73b2619.jpg

Its got a bit of a nasty repair job on the rear panel that hopefully I can tidy up, also a good excuse for a respray!

26994855_10155481551900787_633796474_n.jpg.bcaeb01b94a5f4de830d0ea04cfc2ce9.jpg

After a through wash...

19897813_10155481552905787_831723452_o.thumb.jpg.87fe9a7d10c84d42bba472a6b2598bf2.jpg

Then I thought, I will use this as my daily and decided to swap the rims from my old daily onto this, improving it a hell of a lot!

27140279_10155487465395787_245421140_o.thumb.jpg.3e2ed08c08c60332f1ab5f37534063f5.jpg27140800_10155487465390787_1411619070_o.thumb.jpg.f37a1e6d162c87ad5951b9a625edf7cd.jpg

 

Im not the biggest fan of the SAMOABLU and I feel that respraying it in Yas Marina Blue (Same as the M4) would be pretty awesome!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2018 at 9:03 PM, Mad_Max said:

Commodore brake upgrade? Is that where you use an A frame to tow the latest Commodore around and the weight slows you down for every corner??

IMG_20180124_155540.jpg

Got it out of the shed yesterday. 

I'm using early e24/e12 front hubs. The bearings are the same as the 323 bearings so direct fit. I had to machine the hub centre down about 1.2 mm. This allowed me to fit commodore discs. Giving me about 41mm more disc. The Holden caliper is also bolt on so major upgrade. 

The rear is e28 subframe shortened to fit. and e34 arms. 

Edited by Mr Vapour
Added graphic enhancements
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cut/Polish/Wax/Sweat/Beer. Shiney. 

26993955_10154939129102693_888696365691380383_n.jpg

27356360_10154939129167693_6779161939053688084_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E30 had his little brother come visit today for a wash! Apparently 1 of only 2 white E46 M3s in the country....

Only photos we took were pre-wash... D'oh!

IMG_20180131_145110.jpg.f3356b67e8f98d66502dbbcccda5b008.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kepes said:

E30 had his little brother come visit today for a wash! Apparently 1 of only 2 white E46 M3s in the country....

Only photos we took were pre-wash... D'oh!
 

M3 looks great in white :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×