Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Over last few weeks have done some fiddly jobs that had me wishing for little japanese hands and a flexible back: dash removal and swap, carpet swap, obc light replacement, electric aerial dismantle and refit (that plastic strip had come right out), fitted 4 new doors, swapped all those chrome door trims, clips and rubber seals, head lining removal and replacement, injector seal replacement. Hands now covered in solder burns, ingrained grease and scratches. car is now up for sale.

picked up m50tu head and m50 block to setup as a display / whatever in the lounge. will go along with the turbo and stack of petrol head magazines on the coffee table quite well. and random melted / destroyed pistons hanging off the wall.

Edited by polley

Visited HellBM. Got bits. Threw bits into collection (pile) of old BMW bits.

Washed crud out of boot/bonnet/door frames. Managed to clean inside of boot/bonnet/interior all with one swoop of the hose.... Woops... good thing its sunny.

Pulled out all blown dash bulbs. Drove to supercheap to find new ones. Discovered Supercheap only stock stink bulbs. Drove to Repco. Installed dash bulbs. Christmas Tree FTW!

Pulled out bent/smashed/rusty aerial. Stuck multi meter on wiring. Discovered Red is ground, Black is ACC. Scratched head. Placed in the cant be f'd sorting this now basket.

Fixed Digital clock! Woohoo! :D

She's on blocks while the front struts are out for some cert worthy mods.

Bought one of the fibreglass iS lips off bmrmad today. Tried fitting it, but ran out of day light so will try finish tomorrow or when I get more time. Photos up when done.

Stripped an entire e36 manual sedan between yesterday and today. just a bare shell now....

Rear shock failed after hitting a huge pot hole on the Napier/Taupo road. Was making a horrible knocking noise.

Pulled it out and found the rubber grommet (?) at the top had poped out of its housing (?)

Must have takin a huge knock as it wasnt easy to get back into the housing.

took my new E30 into the big smoke to get a radiator for the M52 off Jon, then did a skid in it backing out of my grandperants driveway in oriental bay 50-60 degree slope FTL, installed radiator into M52 E30 at my moms, did another skid pulling out of my moms, this driveway not sloped at all FTW.

resprayed the shadowline to clean it up (Saturday), got a new indicator stalk off Ray (on Friday) and gave it a bit of a clean

Got some H&R sports into the M3 - seems to have lowered it by about 10mm at the front and 0mm at the back.

I'm happy - I wanted stiffer (and they are) without too much lower as I'm too old to value low ahead of ease of negotiating judderbars and driveway. Plus, it was an excellent excuse to spend $$$ on tools.

Edited by CamB

took my kit off...

the cars kit that is. rocking it old school!

Dropped it ='[

The BMW Jack Snapped ROFL

Hope your ok and have learnt a lesson. That is scarey stuff

Do any damage? Got any photos?

brother has a photo with the wheel stuck in the wheel arc =/ all is sweet it went down pretty slow so got a good landing =D just bent in the rotor cover thingy [Dont know what you call it]

And yes im fine did get a bit of rage when it hit the ground tho =D

absolutely f**king hate my factory jack in the E30 with a passion, lucky I dont use it often,

I'm f**king scared of sh*t jacks. Seen someone stupidly get under one and have it half fail on them.

on a proactive note I organized a whole bunch of parts to pick up tomorrow for a saturday working :D

will say it made the car look pretty cool =D like 40 degrees camber and like 10MM from the from the ground.

Had two fail on me but its the only way to start to get a low car up

spent 1 hour taking off one piece of body kit trim cos the previous owners used gasket sealer and superglue to keep in on there...DAM YOU SILLY PEOPLE! sand and re-spray time now FFFFUUU

cleaned both today.

regret cleaning the twincam, it looked more badass and down to business when it was dirty lol

also had first talks with my certifier

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

SECURED MY BATTERY THE OTHER DAY. TODAY I CLIMBED IN THROUGH THE BOOT. NEED TO GET MY DAMN LOCKS FIXED.