Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Added LCI taillight inners for a different look. I'm not convinced I like the led 'bubble-look' lights on the full LCI Led taillights (or at least the aftermarket ones) so tried this as an in between step. 

IMG_20200820_091401.jpg

IMG_20200820_094420.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, balancerider said:

Time for a remade number plate!

I already have a set remade but didnt want to drill them and dont have plate holders so put the old ones on for now :)

39 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Added LCI taillight inners for a different look. I'm not convinced I like the led 'bubble-look' lights on the full LCI Led taillights (or at least the aftermarket ones) so tried this as an in between step.

im a big fan of the LCI taillights with the LED bubble look, but your inners upgrade is very nice!

• Like 1

@qube cheaper too, I may get there on the LEDs eventually

yea, its probably not cheap. and aftermarket ones are probably not as good as genuine. Should have donated my set before I sold my coupe :P

• Like 1

Picked up a pair of OEM style 193 for the e91 wagon. Been waiting for ages for them to pop up!  

They have 255s all round which fits nice but a bit too wide for my liking, going 225/40 all round since I have a spare set of potenza re050a run flats 

Will be going gunmetal after I deal to some light kurbage.

images.jpeg

DSC_1876.JPG

DSC_1875.JPG

Edited by 325_driver
  • Like 3

I think I may have found the reason the 330d is losing a bit of power...00673935-E11E-4957-909D-CA36F9E2875E.jpeg

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, 325_driver said:

Picked up a pair of OEM style 193 for the e91 wagon. Been waiting for ages for them to pop up!  

They have 255s all round which fits nice but a bit too wide for my liking, going 225/40 all round since I have a spare set of potenza re050a run flats 

Will be going gunmetal after I deal to some light kurbage.

DSC_1875.JPG

They should be staggered, 8 and 8.5, in which case your tyres should be staggered as well.  nice looking rim on your e91!

They're probably one of my favourite oe msport wheels on the e9x  

Simple but nice 

definitely a good score.

225/40R18 front, 255/35R18 rear.  

@qube no 8" have 255s and 8.5" have 255s too. I'm stripping tyres and painting them anyway. They are hifly on them, I'm using a spare set of potenzas or eagles

• Like 1

I have a set of these sitting in my garage, need a clean up and respray too.. They were going to go in the 330s as the style 193s on that are absolutely poked... might be a good lock down job to see how they sit on the 130 though. 

@Jacko I'll upload when I'm done on mine too, I'm going a light shade of gun metal colour on it. If you got a spray gun I would recommend this paint called CV AUTOTHANE it's 2pk paint and had some real nice finishes. Had it on some wheels that have done 10,000km+ and holds up to road conditions and stones no sweat.

Cheap too, 200ml will cover faces for all 4. (+50ml 4:1 hardener) <$50

These are all in CV AUTOTHANE, gunmetal colours are matte thunder, dark shade is called Terminator. Autolink group supplies the paint.

DSC_1807.JPG

DSC_0860.JPG

DSC_1242.JPG

DSC_1892.JPG

Edited by 325_driver

Had quite the busy weekend pulling apart this old girl

IMG_20200823_151004[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got rid of the kurbage and Painted the style 193. 

Gunmetal / metallic asked the paint mixer to surprise me with adding some black in it.

DSC_1911.JPG

DSC_1913.JPG

DSC_1912.JPG

• Like 2

That offset 8.5" on the rears soooo much nicer than the BBS square 8j all round.

Like a glove

No regrets with that color, no idea how to get the painter to replicate it for the future tho ?

Took the Potenza 245/40/18 run flats for a drive, and I don't know about other brands but I was struggling to hear the difference between non RFT road noise and run flats. To be honest it might even be quieter, so there's a plus one vote for Bridgestone Potenzas

DSC_1978.JPG

DSC_1980.JPG

DSC_1983.JPG

DSC_1987.JPG

DSC_1981.JPG

Edited by 325_driver
  • Like 2

seeing as they are made specifically for the E9x, its not surprise they fit well haha

• Haha 1

Got the latest software update at the dealer today and was pleasently surprised with wireless android auto when I picked it up, stoked! BMW has been late to adopt it but better late than never. 

Removed gross AC rear roof spoiler

02709D6F-6276-4527-9C1C-29BBFE267B97.jpeg

0CF65ABD-7215-49CF-B6FD-C927B6B40300.jpeg

• Like 2

That looks pretty f'in nice actually...

@qube just trying to turn my non m sport into an m sport. What's next? Suspension over haul? Haha