Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

CALLING F1 FANS

Heaps of action in Japan with the F1 and little bit of carnage at Bathurst =) And we're not even finished Qualifying.

Dunno if anyone is that interested in F1 but still something to talk about if ya do because of all the rain and debates over qualifying ( thats on Sky Sport at 6pm :D ) Would be cool to have some F1 Fans to talk to, hardly anyone in NZ that cares for it =)

post-5250-1286597350.png

post-5250-1286597323.png

Edited by Gotheschu

Cant wait for qualifying, this is going to be the most exciting end to a season in years.

Go Mark!

Heaps of action in Japan with the F1 and little bit of carnage at Bathurst =) And we're not even finished Qualifying.

Dunno if anyone is that interested in F1 but still something to talk about if ya do because of all the rain and debates over qualifying ( thats on Sky Sport at 6pm :D ) Would be cool to have some F1 Fans to talk to, hardly anyone in NZ that cares for it =)

post-5250-1286597350.png

And Jason Richards at Bathurst arsing into the barriers and Whincup t boning him 20 sec's later =) Anyone think Murphy can do as well as he did when he set that record or do ya agree with me when I say he's becoming a has been =)

post-5250-1286597323.png

Into my F1 - went to Monaco F1 in 2008. Great experience.

WOHOOOO f1 fans to talk to =)

Monaco would have been a great, Melbournes Atmosphere this year was real good, seeing Lewis getting hooked by the cops there, Ive always wanted to go to Spa and The Nurbiring.

Wish they would get the cars out there for Qually but Sky Sport just got rid of the F1 Coverage just now so I have no clue whats happening there

AND GO SCHUMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Edited by Gotheschu

Watch F1 pretty religiously (if I can stay awake for the Euro rounds)

Like to catch qualifying too but missed first round earlier on.

To date - not been lucky enough to catch a round "at the track" but fully intend to.

I would love :wub: one day to follow a full season around the world

Watch F1 pretty religiously (if I can stay awake for the Euro rounds)

Like to catch qualifying too but missed first round earlier on.

To date - not been lucky enough to catch a round "at the track" but fully intend to.

I would love :wub: one day to follow a full season around the world

Yea, Im loving the times for the Asian GP's, not midnight races on a Sunday =)

Following a season would be epic, but when I gave up buying that e30 race car for the Melbourne Gp it sucked to miss out on the e30 but the experience in Melbourne is unforgettable. The sound these F1 cars make on down shifting and acceleration they just scream. Its epic, and Melbourne is buzzing on F1 weekend. Ferraris and all sorts blasting up and down the streets with all the restaurants its one of the best cities for F1. Im still deciding on whether to delay my car's small upgrades so I can make the 2011 Aussie GP. Just such a step up from any motorsport in NZ. Like V8 Supercars as a support event, Aussie Touring cars ( Ferrari's Asairis Lambo's porsche's Astons ) Jet fighter displays, A380 fly overs. Its just amazing.

Just on Suzuka. Any body know whats happening with NZ coverage for tomorrow mornings delayed Qualifying session.

Great day of sport tomorrow. F1 Qually, Bathurst, then the F1 Race. =)

Yea, Im loving the times for the Asian GP's, not midnight races on a Sunday =)

Following a season would be epic, but when I gave up buying that e30 race car for the Melbourne Gp it sucked to miss out on the e30 but the experience in Melbourne is unforgettable. The sound these F1 cars make on down shifting and acceleration they just scream. Its epic, and Melbourne is buzzing on F1 weekend. Ferraris and all sorts blasting up and down the streets with all the restaurants its one of the best cities for F1. Im still deciding on whether to delay my car's small upgrades so I can make the 2011 Aussie GP. Just such a step up from any motorsport in NZ. Like V8 Supercars as a support event, Aussie Touring cars ( Ferrari's Asairis Lambo's porsche's Astons ) Jet fighter displays, A380 fly overs. Its just amazing.

Just on Suzuka. Any body know whats happening with NZ coverage for tomorrow mornings delayed Qualifying session.

Great day of sport tomorrow. F1 Qually, Bathurst, then the F1 Race. =)

then motogp :rolleyes:

QUALLY ON SKY SPORT AT 2 LIVE FROM SUZUKA =)

I was a huge F1 fan until the FIA changed the rules too slow Ferrari down!! still enjoy it but don't follow as religiously as i did!! I have been to Melbs several times and in 03 got a pit pass, through my old job at Phillip Morris (marlboro) and met Rubens Barichello and Michael Scumacher. been once to Silverstone, I would love to go too Monaco some time but can't see myself in europe in the next several years though :(

If it's F1 you wanna talk prob the best forum is planetf1.com

Have watched every F1 race since a long time ago! Been to several Melbourne GPs, also a fan of Schummy but think he's had his day in the lime light, pretty sure he would be just doing it for kicks now though. I'm hoping Mark wins also, he deserves it the most.

Already on Planet F1 but no one in NZ on it that ive seen =)

Schumacher showed himself today in Japan though =) Mark can be an agrogant d*ck sometimes but yea hes been real good for F1 and deserves this. Some how I think Alonso or Vettel might sneak it in though.

Dam Im jealous though, I would do anything to met Schumacher. Already met Rosberg at the airport this year. =) HE started talking to us in the passport line which was real cool cause i was wearing my schumacher cap and he had his rosberg one. Hes a cool layed back guy but would kill to meet the king =) Him and Raikonnen would be mean =)

Pretty dull race. Fast forwarded through most of it.

What a shambles with qualifying, my sky didn’t pick up the later qualifying so I missed it. It did however record a lot of rain and people talking.

Unfortunate for Kubica, I can’t help but feel proud of Kobayashi he drove very well in front of a home crowd and made some entertaining passes. RBR were just so much faster, man that is a good car, nice to see Vettle win graciously and to see Webber keep it safe to retain his championship lead.

How did you find Silverstone Cliff, im going on a Euro trip next year and we plan to kick it off with the F1 is Silverstone, would love to see them at the Nurburgring but would rather drive the full track myself instead, unfortunately you can’t do both.

Edited by resident know it all

Fanatic right here!! I never miss a race (or practice 1, 2 and 3 for that matter - even if it isn't broadcasted on sky).

Have never attended a race live - it's on my bucket list : ) [i'd love to be able to take a year off and follow the circus around the world - maybe if I win lotto]

I think 2011 will be a make or break year for Schumie (great performance by him in Suzuka though - about the best he's been all year). There are talks that the tyre test post Championship might dictate whether he returns for 2011 - i.e. would the tyres be to his liking.

What a great year of racing though and never before in the history of F1 have there been so many world class drivers in the field (bar a few second tier teams there to make up the numbers).

Senna is a disappointment however - I personally don't think he's got the goods to be in F1 even if you put him in a red bull.

If Schumie was in a redbull he'd be challenging for the title I am sure. The Mercedes car is rubbish.

Hamilton is the current best driver in the field in my opinion.

Vettle is full of talent but needs time to mature before he'll be great - he is on par with Hamilton in terms of skills.

Button's just a pretty boy : P but a smooth driver.

If Petrov wasn't Russian, he wouldn't be in F1.

Webber wouldn't be anywhere near the top if it wasn't for Red Bull - he's been pretty average throughout his time in F1, I still think he's pretty average.

McLaren needs to head hunt Adrian Newey.

And here's my favourite action from the year so far ...

"Red Bull gives you wings!!"

Posted Image

End of Rant !!

Edited by M3_Power

I think average is a bit harsh, boring maybe, I would like to see him win this year, it might be his last chance, Vettle has many years ahead of him, I remember Webbers first race with Minardi in 2002 and he ended up seventh from memory.

You’ll have to get to a race, Melbourne is a brilliant host city and its handy being only a couple of hours away, I take the missus and she just goes shopping, defiantly a favourite time of the year for me. I wasn’t even that interested in F1 until seeing it live, it gives you a huge amount of respect for them, speed wise they make a V8 supercar look like its standing still, noise wise the V8 Supercar sounds like Nissan Micra in comparison.

Yea F1 cars goings through the gears sends shivers up your back.

Heres a vid i took i melbourne's practice this year =) I think Haug confirmed Schumacher being there this year 100% and same Lewis has performed very well considering the fortune hes had.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video...132919123390154

Edited by Gotheschu

Already on Planet F1 but no one in NZ on it that ive seen =)

Nah i don't chat on it anymore, used to...plenty but just stalk there now my user name is F1_Fan_New_zealand lol

How did you find Silverstone Cliff, im going on a Euro trip next year and we plan to kick it off with the F1 is Silverstone, would love to see them at the Nurburgring but would rather drive the full track myself instead, unfortunately you can’t do both.

To be honest i prefered Melbourne atmosphere wise, but still very cool! I was there in 05 when Juan Pablo took it out in a Mclaren with Alonso (Renault) and Kimi (Mclaren) exciting race but being a Ferrari fan, all decked out in my Tifosi gear. It was not a good day with the Ferraris coming in 6th and 7th or 7th and 8th

Imo the top drivers that could take it anytime in the right machinery is, Seb Vettel, Alonso, Massa and Hamilton...Mark Webber is a good driver but def in the right car this year like Jenson last year. I still remember Webber taking the worst car on the grid (Minardi) and getting 6th place which was like 1 point...just as a good as a win in my eyes!

Edited by cliffdunedin

When Kubica was a BMW driver he was asked what he would like as a company car and they did not know quite how to react when he replied: "A Mitsubishi Evo 7."

LOL!

I am an F1 fan... but dont have Sky so limited to just following the results. Do they still have it on TV1? I went to the Japan GP in 08 which was awesome. BMW got second place with Kubica. Looking to go to Melbourne next time. :)

Edited by tcbaurpower

Does suck they moved it to Sky, I missed a few seasons because of that, took me three years to justify buying Sky just to watch F1, I essentially pay $80 a month just so I can watch it, thats near a Grand a year, I can go to a race with that :unsure:

MY-Sky is good though, because of the time zone differences I it would be easy to miss practise and qualifying sessions, not so when it’s all season linked, I can watch it when I want and never miss a thing, the practise rounds are well worth watching too.

Can’t wait for Korea, it’s going to be an interesting race considering none of the teams have raced there.

Does suck they moved it to Sky, I missed a few seasons because of that, took me three years to justify buying Sky just to watch F1, I essentially pay $80 a month just so I can watch it, thats near a Grand a year, I can go to a race with that :unsure:

MY-Sky is good though, because of the time zone differences I it would be easy to miss practise and qualifying sessions, not so when it’s all season linked, I can watch it when I want and never miss a thing, the practise rounds are well worth watching too.

Can’t wait for Korea, it’s going to be an interesting race considering none of the teams have raced there.

Yea but with Sky getting the formula one we now have practice and qualifing coverage. I remember with TV One we only got the race, and this was sometimes taken off for rugby and news for the asia races we have now.

Bring on Korea =)

Melbourne GP is in March... ^_^ better to put money aside for that. Who do you think is going to win in Korea?

Put the money aside you save from not having sky to go too Melbourne and instead watch it online www.atdhe.net

You can get practice, qualifying and the race, sometimes in HD too!