Sign in to follow this  
my_e36

BP Ultimate Diesel

as topic...

I know the UK version of the Ultimate Diesel has a higher Cetane number compare to normal. But in the PR blurp here in NZ, there is no mentioning of higher performance, etc... Can anyone confirm the Cetane number bit?

Beside this, has anyone use the new diesel? How does it feel? Better, same, indifferent?

I put this in the Kia on the way back home from the crib in the weekend, tbh I didn't notice any difference but wasn't thrashing it or thinking there would be any difference. I've always used BP fuels where ever possible. I have a card for every fuel company bar challenge & gull e.t.c. but if you look at my BP card it's definitely the most worn!

Visit My Website

Doesn't appear to be any increases in performance :(

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Tried it in a turbo diesel hyundai, didn't notice much different to be honest!

I was at a BP function recently and the new Diesel has basically an additive added to it to make the engine run 'cleaner'. No change in performance to speak of but the additive is suppose to clean the spray nozzles so the spray into the engine has smaller droplets = a better igniting at compression.

They said it would be rolled out to most sites in NZ except Invercargill and New Plymouth from memory. They were marketing it at the Euro car drivers like BMW. Pugs etc

sorry to resuscitate an extremely old thread. does anyone have any objective information on the best diesel for use in performance vehicles in NZ? (waiting for the suggestion to switch to a real performance fuel! ?)

NZ diesel certainly seems reasonable in quality (low sulfur, cetane number >50). I've been using BP ultimate diesel in my 335d but have no evidence to back that up with. my gut feeling is to steer clear of biodiesel (i.e Gull) for performance applications...