Sign in to follow this  
brad91

ITB's

Hey guys,

So i had another silly thought....What about changing to either a m52b25 motor OR a m30b35?

Theres a link on e30.de that has heaps of info on the b35 and i can get a complete motor for around the $1200 mark here. I think the b25 is a little more but then the b35 will need custom driveshaft, radiator, wiring, engine mounts etc so it all adds up. PLUS i get my open licence in a few months so want something done by like january next year.

What kind of power does the m52b25 (EDIT again: is it m52 or m50?) make and how hard is it to install? I have heard they are pretty much a bolt in job? IE: use the same gearbox and wiring loom and just change the ecu over?

EDIT: oh and could i run ITB's with one of these?:P

Edited by brad91

Your either trying to take the piss out of people on here or you are genuinely from Brisbane... I suggest you put your head in the fence wires or do more research when you can make up your own mind what you want to do :P ..

LOL i am from brisbane why is that?:P

I honestly dont know what i should or shouldnt do. Im not great with cars and i prefer to take a vote of other peoples opinions and do it that way lol. Im looking for the easiest way to get my car slidable lol.

Find a frozen pond/buy a drum of diesel.

Seriously though, theres no easy way to do anything on the cheap. Either get more money or learn to do an engine swap yourself and buy the largest cc engine you can afford :P

LOL i am from brisbane why is that?:P

I am over there often (in Surfers) .... I could tell by your accent

Find a frozen pond/buy a drum of diesel.

Seriously though, theres no easy way to do anything on the cheap. Either get more money or learn to do an engine swap yourself and buy the largest cc engine you can afford :P

lol i know theres no cheap way but i mean like on a reasonable budget. Im happy to spend 3/4k over time. Just dont want to spend like 8k in one hit on it lol. I just remembered this morning about being told by the wreckers at one stage either the m50/52 engine bolts up to the m20 gearbox and mounts etc and you can drop it in easy as? Just have to modify the gearbox mount a few degrees and shifter aswell. But is the wiring the same? They thought you could just plug in the m52/50 ecu provided i had the motronic ignition system like i do?

i seriously cant find anything on the net about a m52 swap lol. I can find heaps of videos of them finished and running but cant find anything with info/step by step lol.

Tried e30 m52b25 conversion, m52b25 conversion +e30 etc. Anyone got any links or can tell me what to type in? 99% of the time someone will tell me something different to type in that i would never think of and BAM it will pop up exactly what i need lol.

No such thing as an M52B25.

M50B25 iron block, 2.5 litre twincam, later engines M50B25TU have vanos

M52B28 Alloy block 2.8 litre twincam, later engines M52B28TU have twin vanos

Both make 190ish hp, M52 makes a bit more torque down lower.

Your factory loom and ECU will in no way shape or form work. There are HEAPS of threads and websites on this subject. It aint cheap though. You can do it cheap, or you can do it right.

www.e3024v.com

http://www.e30dohc.com/wiki/index.php?title=DOHC_Swap_Basics

Read :o

No such thing as an M52B25

Yes there is, it was made from 1995 to 1998.

Basic run down...

M50B25 - Non Vanos, 190hp, 2.5L (easiest/ most logical m50/52 to swap into an E30)

M52B25 - Vanos, 170 hp, 2.5L

M52B28 - Vanos, 193hp, 2.8L

As everyone has said.... do more research and then come back with more intelligent and precise questions. You will find you get better answers and a better response from people on here

Yes there is, it was made from 1995 to 1998.

Oh my bad, never seen it before, its gutless anyway :P

soo wrecking yards want about 2k for a motor with the wiring loom...They did tell me i can use my flywheel and clutch setup etc aswel? (as all theirs were auto's.

Decided to look around. Found this on the net. Thinking about offering him 2k for it and seeing if he takes it. Will this have the non vanos m50? Also would the 5 stud conversion work in this? Im assuming it will have bigger brakes etc?

EDIT: need to add link lol

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...s=&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294967079 4294729575 4294966850 442 900&silo=1011&PriceTo=442&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=3&__sid=12C30EFC91FB

Edited by brad91

Sorry Brad, the 88 is still the M20B25 engine I think.

thats what i thought from what i read. (m50b25 didnt start production until like 92 or something?), just thought all e43's might have had the same motor? Oh well back to the drawing board lol. That whole car is what the wreckers want for a motor lol.

Asked about a s50b32 i think it is? out of the m3...10k! Amazing motor but 10k is crazy money.

So ill be looking at about 2k which they recon will cost me a lot more than that to get the same power from an m20b20 engine which i thought was obvious. Going to ask about a m20b25 today (im going backwards i swear lol) as an extra 20/30hp shouldnt be too hard/expensive to get out of one of those right? That should be a drop in bolt up fit atleast to simplify the rest of things.