Sign in to follow this  
nickchin1308

Bimmersport Gran Turismo 5 Multiplayer

In that case I better say then you have to drop back out to the main GT screen then back into GT mode for the friends list in the game to update. Just accepted you now!

Jeez, you made my gaming progress look week! How do i accept a car?

Not much to do after everything shuts down cause of a big ground shake :(

Just playing with borrowing system now, once you click the Borrow button on the car it'll show up as the car you are driving in the top right once you go to the race you want to do. Little bit confusing even I must say.

Haha, i got there in thew end, how do i return the car? Naturally i grabbed the Red bull thingy, bloody hell does it go! Did you win it?

That one I won, traded another 2, duped another 3. And it just returns once you change into another car, I can still use the car while you are borrowing it, so it's no drama really. Just grab it whenever you want to make every other car seem like a 516i Touring with soap for tires hahaha

That one I won, traded another 2, duped another 3. And it just returns once you change into another car, I can still use the car while you are borrowing it, so it's no drama really. Just grab it whenever you want to make every other car seem like a 516i Touring with soap for tires hahaha

Haha, cheers Henry, takes a bit to get used to.

I'm going to carry on over populating this thread with my posts rather than opening a new one, now that i'm getting back into GT i'm thinking about getting a steering wheel for it, i've only had one experiance with a wheel and that was on PS2 with GT3, and it was awful! Does anyone here use a wheel and is it easier/harder better etc, don't want to spend money and then realise they are still arse. Cheers.

^ Got one of these at home

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/4172

Great wheel if you want a decent one, havn't tried others, but naturally this one does everything you need it to do and feels very realistic. Also comes with pedal setup although the picture fails to show that.

Edited by Brams

^^ my friend have this (DFGT) and I've tried then got hooked into steering wheel control. It's massively different from using hand controller. Yesterday I bought the Logitech G27 at d*ck Smith (25% off !!)

Between the two, G27 wheel turns smoother and nicer finished (real leather & metal), better bite on the carpet & has a clutch for the foot pedals, you can mount the gear shift (H-pattern 6 speed vs +/- on DFGT) on anywhere. The force-feedback motor mechanism is MUCH quieter. There's rev limit LED light for the geeks but they don't do much as they are too low.

If you can afford the difference in $$ for the above features, you won't regret it. However, being NOT a officially endorsed wheel in GT5, there are some setting up if you want to use some intricate features that you can have out of the box with DFGT. Namely the on-the-fly adjustment for TCS while in-race.

Of course, you'll then need this... http://www.wheelstandpro.com.au/

The one Nathan posted up looks good and is cheap, have got used to a hand controller over the years so just wanted to know whether there is much getting used to the wheel.

There is not much to get used to it's just like driving a car, except you are on a virtual race track. I've never race on a real track so I don't know how they are different, but you do feel the bumps, camber change and lose traction as you fly over a crest, as well as the rumble strips on the side of track.

The most important thing is positioning of the all the controls. If you don't have dedicated place for the wheels, you'll then need to be VERY creative with how and where you are going to sit and mount all the bits.

Couple of photos for you. First pix is my friends which he modified a megazine rack and mount the wheel (the DFGT) and have the foot through the middle. He sit fairly upright in this set up.

Second pix is mine, which I prop up one end of the coffee table and put my legs through the middle to reach the peddles while I sit on the sofa. I sit more like in a real car but the wheels are closer to my chest than I like. That's the best I can do for mine without spending extra money for a purpose made bracket.

post-450-1300683742.jpg

post-450-1300683756.jpeg

Your set-up is pure gold hahaha. Feet through a table. What if there is an earthquake?!?!?!

^^^^

the pix are wrong order, but I am sure you got the idea.

Your descriptions made it clear. Need to get a wheel asap... only have 5 more races to do to get all golds and I don't want to do them with the controller.

About 24 + 24 + 9 + 4 + 6ish hours in total... :S

I'd wait for the next update for in-game save before attempting the endurance race. Just pausing the game & left the PS3 on over 3-4 days is silly.

It survives just fine if you don't have it tucked in a cabinet or sitting on the carpet. I seriously have left my Slim on for the past 2.5 months, maybe 5-6 resets for updates. Many others have done much, much longer.

Ha those set ups are great, convincing myself to get one. Starting to get through quite a few races now.

What scores are people getting in the eiger noidwand short track sector drift?