Sign in to follow this  
Filter_nz

e46 Lowering Spring options

Looking to lower the 323i 4dr non-sport.

Looking at using the stock shocks or kyb excel-g OEM placements.

Option 1.

H&R Sport Springs (or Touring Cup kit)

I understand they're high qaulity and perform well but they're so raked! 35mm Front, 20mm rear.

Is there any I could use them but somehow drop the rear 30mm? (remove a spring pad or something)

Option 2

Tien S-Tech ... not really an option because the rake even more than H&R

Option 3

Ebiach Pro-kit. sound decent, 1.2" Front and Rear... where can I get them?

Option 4

King Springs, 30mm Front and Rear which sounds ok, sound like they improve the car without being too harsh but sound cheaply made, carbon steel maybe? nothing to say they're CV like the H&R

Option 5

Jamex.... cheap on TradeMe but I had Jamex years ago on my Honda Prelude. Over 2 years they sagged to the point a failed a WOF being only 95mm off the ground!!

Option 6

Custom Job. TSV Suspension Palmerston North. He did an amazing job with my 2000 Mitsi VR4 years ago, custom build coils, shortened shocks, even drop and nice ride BUT.... cheap components maybe? Custom coils are surely cheap?, how could a little suspension shop make a better coil than say the King Spring factory.

Anyone got a pic of their e46 drop and what they used?

Contact Mag and Tyre Direct, they've lowered a lot of E46 cars. Probably more than any other company around. Johno 09 580 1371

Odd their site doesn't say anything about springs / lowering

Try the phone number.

Suspension Progress for Vogtland or H&R if looking to go springs.

the Euro springs certainly retain the're longevity (no sag) over most others.

Looking to lower the 323i 4dr non-sport.

Looking at using the stock shocks or kyb excel-g OEM placements.

Option 1.

H&R Sport Springs (or Touring Cup kit)

I understand they're high qaulity and perform well but they're so raked! 35mm Front, 20mm rear.

Is there any I could use them but somehow drop the rear 30mm? (remove a spring pad or something)

Option 2

Tien S-Tech ... not really an option because the rake even more than H&R

Option 3

Ebiach Pro-kit. sound decent, 1.2" Front and Rear... where can I get them?

Option 4

King Springs, 30mm Front and Rear which sounds ok, sound like they improve the car without being too harsh but sound cheaply made, carbon steel maybe? nothing to say they're CV like the H&R

Option 5

Jamex.... cheap on TradeMe but I had Jamex years ago on my Honda Prelude. Over 2 years they sagged to the point a failed a WOF being only 95mm off the ground!!

Option 6

Custom Job. TSV Suspension Palmerston North. He did an amazing job with my 2000 Mitsi VR4 years ago, custom build coils, shortened shocks, even drop and nice ride BUT.... cheap components maybe? Custom coils are surely cheap?, how could a little suspension shop make a better coil than say the King Spring factory.

Anyone got a pic of their e46 drop and what they used?

Go to trade me and type in H&R lowering springs, and you will see photo's of E46's lowered with H&R, the rake you referred to is the case on some springkits (many brands) for some cars, but E46 doesn't seem to have this problem, the lowering amounts suggested by spring companies ie. 30/20 is usually because the guard heights of many cars are different, if you lower a car by 50mm front and 50mm rear when the rear guard sits considerably lower than the front you will end up with the rear tyre tucked very high under the rear guard, hence the reason for different lowering amounts front to rear to get the car to sit even.