Sign in to follow this  
winckel

10th of September 2011 - Taupo - MEGAMEET 2011 & Trackday

Id do it still! I tracked my slow 2.0L M20 and was by far the most fun i have had in it. Even if i was being passed left and right still better than watching from the sideline!

Might consider it closer to the time then!

Im too worried my E30 will break down on me after the track daythrashing and wont be able to make it home hahahaha

You'll be sweet Andrew.

My 540i lasted it the way home with duct tape over my split radiator hose :)

im keen again. got another trackday the following day. just sorting leave at the moment as theres a leave embargo due to the bloody world cup :angry:

Sick days are good for that :)

Ill be there.

You'll be sweet Andrew.

My 540i lasted it the way home with duct tape over my split radiator hose :)

Note to self; things to remember:

Helmet

Cotton Overalls

Spare wheels

SH**LOADS of duct tape.

The electric tape/plastic bag/zip ties got me home :D

Remember there was one hose left on the engine before it was picked up? That was the same one that blew, easy fix this time round :P

im keen again. got another trackday the following day. just sorting leave at the moment as theres a leave embargo due to the bloody world cup :angry:

Saw that thread on the GTR forums.

Might have to double dip also.

What's the silvea croud like Andrew, not all flat brim caps, jeans hanging round ankles kind of knobs?

What's the silvea croud like Andrew, not all flat brim caps, jeans hanging round ankles kind of knobs?

Haha, No comment! :D

didnt want to risk breaking the volvo last year so i marshalled. If you dont want to get out on the track, come along an marshal. can be a bit lonely (we only had one or two at each station), but by far and away the best seat in the house for most of the corners, and if you take a couple of mates out it would be mint!

but ill hopefully be out on the track this year. will be maiden voyage for me too probably

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Keen to help on the day as a marshall +1 or 2 extra, Just got to get my dates right as im going away to Oz the weekend before.

Keen to help on the day as a marshall +1 or 2 extra, Just got to get my dates right as im going away to Oz the weekend before.

Awesome. Marshals are gonna get some pretty sweet rewards this year. PM for details

Haha 2 of my mates were out on a marshalling post last years track day, 1 slept for about 2 hours out there.

Was the best fun I had in my m50 e30. Would defo come if I still had it, very worthwhile!

as a whole the ones that attend our days are good. its pretty much the same crowd as the GTR-elite days. I havent had to kick anyone out from our days before

as a whole the ones that attend our days are good. its pretty much the same crowd as the GTR-elite days. I havent had to kick anyone out from our days before

Sounds good, and no disrespect intended :)

Just wasn't sure.

Makes sense to get two days racing out of a weekend to Taupo.

Someone should update the thread title and first post to reflect the date etc........

It's a shame you have to fish through the various regions events to find things like this as this trackday really caters for the whole North Island.

Almost need a national meets/trackdays separate forum.

May have missed this somewhere, Can drivers take passengers if they have overalls/helmet/sign their life away?

alright, leave has been approved so im a definate for this day :D

May have missed this somewhere, Can drivers take passengers if they have overalls/helmet/sign their life away?

^^

not usually without a homologated roll cage.

^^ This was the case last year and say this year would be no different.

Every intention of being there, (earlier the better) real blast last year BUT ........ please keep the dates clear of next race season and the Ice Breaker.

regards

Paul - E36

........ please keep the dates clear of next race season and the Ice Breaker.

Check new thread title for date.

Winckel .. you need to update your inital post and also add it to the bimmersport calendar :)

Well i sopose i should turn up again.