Sign in to follow this  
drift-shop

Swap e28 1JZ GTE vs. SR20DET

Hi guys!

I need help.

Make a car for drifting e28, the question arose swap.

Task of making well-run machine with capacity up to 350-400 horsepower.

Opt for motor between 1JZ TT or sr20det. 1JZ reliable, but it has a lot of weight. Reading that e28 with the motor 1JZ poorly managed that so? Which motor is better to put?

Thank you friends :D

Edited by drift-shop

I would go 1JZGTE all day.

My second favorite motor after the 1UZFE.

Ideally I would suggest the single turbo VVTi 1JZ version, blows the dated twin turbo motor out of the water for stock performance.

The idea of putting one in an E36 next year, following completion of the 1UZ conversion has tickled my mind.

A relibale 400hp out of a 1JZ would be no problem, plus they have an excellent exhaust note when done right, certainly more interesting than the SR20's sound.

im an SR guy all the way but i would go for the JZ. much easier and cheaper to get that power out of it and you can offset the extra weight by mounting it as low and far back as possible. once you ahve a cage in and get suspension sorted properly you shouldnt notice the weight difference too much

Just turbo a m20b25?

Edited by polley

of the motors BMW I saw only M62B44, but I believe that to achieve such power will be costly. -_-

I like his sound. I would like to build a car with this engine at the throttle, but I think that in future it will be difficult to raise output. :huh:

if I can get with m62b44 350-400 horsepower at the same investments in JZ? I think not. What do you think?

Im not sure about the m62, but how much is it going to cost to swap in a 1JZ and get it to 400hp?

M20b25's are dirt cheap, bolt straight in, and can make 350-400hp relatively easily once turboed.

Edit: I see you are from russia, maybe turboing an m20 / m20's are not cheap there?

Edited by polley

1J conversion will cost you an easy $11K... if you think you will do it cheaper then redo your calculations

m30b35 with big turbo

easy 400+ hp

+1 for the keeping it bmw and that being the m30b35 tons of low down torque, and going jap 2jz end of story ive pulled 750hp out of them without pulling a head off 1uz is over rated and no low down many of my customers pulled them out and used a 350 chev or the q45 nissan way better engine and a true twin cam.

Built a twin turbo setup for a jet sprint boat using the q45 made 900hp and 800lf/lb on 6 psi thatll get ya drifter going.

+1 for the Q45

cheap to get your hands on. Alloy block so it's weight is down.

Turbo it and you have easy reliable power. Plus it's a V8. Good noises and torque are what you need in a drift car.