Sign in to follow this  
E36ShoppingTrolley

$145,000 E30

Its cool innit. Why would the 2 wheels with bigger dish be on the front?

OMG what an idiot, that clearly isnt even a motorsport it doesn't have black roof lining or weaves. He's never going to get that amount of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to make it in sarcasm font.

I reckon your buying more of the history of the car for that money.

OMG what an idiot, that clearly isnt even a motorsport it doesn't have black roof lining or weaves. He's never going to get that amount of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to make it in sarcasm font.

But Carjam says its an M325i

I reckon your buying more of the history of the car for that money.

Exactly, it's a historic race car, just look at those stamps in the log book - Amaroo, Bathurst, Calder Park, that is what you are paying for it's racing history. Yes you can probably buy a faster, better handling more modern race car for less money, but not with that kind of pedigree!

I even have a video of a race featuring this very same car, it's worth every last cent I would say, and when my numbers come up on lotto I will be straight around to buy it!

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

After me Jon. ;)

Sorry Foxy, it's in Palmy so I'll get there first... :P

So much want.

Anyone with Cash can buy the latest M3, You can't buy history.

That said I would rather the latest M3 personally, But can see the attraction of the E30 for guys that race BMW's and are into the history etc.

Not apples with apples though.

to all those who said it was well worth the money, would you buy it given the money, over something like this..?

My personal choice? I wouldn't have to think twice about it, the E30 without the slightest shadow of a doubt.

How many E90 M3s are built each year? Thousands. How many genuine Group A E30s were built? Less than half a dozen.

Value of the E90 M3 in 3 years time? Half the current price. Value in 10 years when there is a new model M3? Next to nothing. Value of the E30? Allowing for general market trends and no further financial melt downs - possibly more than the current price!

Driving the M3 on the road (possibly tracking it now and again) - pretty good, but would soon get over it. Racing the E30 in historic events - always an amazing experience!

Yes the new M3 is a great car and I would love to have one for a daily, but that E30 is soooo much more than just a car.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

No need to even engage the brain on this one, the E30 any day, makes much more financial sense for a start.

I'm not so sure.

There's a natural tension between wanting the E30 with it's awesome provenance and wanting a car I could race without worrying about wrecking (refer "provenance").

If I was in a financial position to buy a 145,000 dollar car, I'd buy both.

If you had to worry about damaging it you couldn't afford it. Was made to be raced. :wub:

If you had to worry about damaging it you couldn't afford it. Was made to be raced. :wub:

+1 thats dead right

Sadly, only real place to save value [mmm] is a race car museum. Really just a 20k well prepped car thats had a few down under pedlers in it! Whats it worth in Europe?

A good question, it would have more value locally due to the Aussie / NZ history. A quick browse found this Group A E30 M3 for comparison..

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/3350...BMW_E30_M3.html

What does $185k aussie work out at in Kiwi dollars?