Sign in to follow this  
E36ShoppingTrolley

$145,000 E30

and conrods real dtm m3 got no votes in the Members Car 2010 (weekend driven/racecar)

I should really pop around and take some photos of it.

OK let me throw a spanner in the works. :D

Whats this worth?

post-1090-1292875417.jpg

post-1090-1292875521.jpg

post-1090-1292875626.jpg

Missing JPS car. Hidden in Welly since 1992!!

Arguably the first M3 to ever win a race. (28/3/1987!)

Raced Bathurst 87 to 4th.

Just been brought by the man who raced it in 1987 :ph34r:

Ohh and lost to NZ, gone back to Aussie :(

Edited by #14

If you had to worry about damaging it you couldn't afford it. Was made to be raced. :wub:

Its not about damage worry/affording the way you word it (speaking very hypothetically) - I think its more about avoiding a writeoff/reshell.

On the other hand, the advantage of having spent $140k on a race car is that its always economic to repair it....

Edited by CamB

and conrods real dtm m3 got no votes in the Members Car 2010 (weekend driven/racecar)

I should really pop around and take some photos of it.

Please, please, please do that. Knowing conrod and his high standards from the previous M3 this new car is going to be truly something special I can't wait to see and hear it in full flight.

OK let me throw a spanner in the works. :D

Whats this worth?

At the current exchange rate, the Welly street race winner on racecarsdirect is going for a shade under quarter of a million NZD. Without full details on either car, this one has to be about the same, possibly slightly less (as near as makes no difference).

As this is going to Aussie, I think we as the bimmersport community should have a collection to buy the Wellington car from the Oz-straaaalians and bring it "home", I've got 5 bucks and some change I can throw in to start us off, Ollie can hold the collection B)

Makes the JPS 325i seem a relative bargain at only $145k!!

I uploaded an old Group A touring car vid a while ago where this very car was in the race. d*ck Johnson (from memory) decided to stick with the 635i though. It was great to see this car hound the bigger cars, it was like a little fly dancing around.

About the only time when buying an E30 makes financial sense

At the current exchange rate, the Welly street race winner on racecarsdirect is going for a shade under quarter of a million NZD. Without full details on either car, this one has to be about the same, possibly slightly less (as near as makes no difference).

As this is going to Aussie, I think we as the bimmersport community should have a collection to buy the Wellington car from the Oz-straaaalians and bring it "home", I've got 5 bucks and some change I can throw in to start us off, Ollie can hold the collection B)

Makes the JPS 325i seem a relative bargain at only $145k!!

It may have gone to Ozzie but it's still a Kiwi owner ;)

It sold for a fair price. It made the 325 look overpriced.

And yes I've known of it existence for many years. It even got used to trundle down to the shops a few years ago :lol:

I don't think the 325 is worth 145K. Not when theres Grp A M3 hanging around :ph34r:

It may have gone to Ozzie but it's still a Kiwi owner ;)

It sold for a fair price. It made the 325 look overpriced.

And yes I've known of it existence for many years. It even got used to trundle down to the shops a few years ago :lol:

I don't think the 325 is worth 145K. Not when theres Grp A M3 hanging around :ph34r:

Paul, I don't suppose you know of any other Grp A's for sale? I'd be interested in talking to anyone who's got one.

Cheers

Matt