Sign in to follow this  
Gus

My BMW broke....clutch problems

yeah....my clutch went today...managed to roll into andrews house....he pushed :D....was pressing on the pedal and nothing happens...virtually no resistance, and the clutch fluid resevoir was empty. we're thinking its my clutch master cylinder valving...buggered...any other ideas before we start taking bits out of daves car and putting them into mine?

and how on earth do you get the slave cylinder out? i prob just need another extension bar...cant find one when i need one!

you have to take out the pedal box first. i have done this about 8 times already. theres about 11 bolts that hold it in. the clutch and brake pedal are attached on to it. the tricky thing is the bar that goes across the car thats attached to the brake. to get this out you need to undo both pins at each end of the bar. the other end is in the glovebox. it took me about 2 hours to figure out how to do it. have fun

are you meaning the master cylinder? that came out relatively easily for me....i mean the slave cylinder..the one under the car next to the gearbox? i need another extension bar for tools...damn shoulda asked for one for christmas!

oh yes....lots! about as much as spring compressors today...all my fingers are munched..oh dear.....

haha for stuff like dat if it happens to me im gunna get my dad to take it to the dealers to be fixed cos den u know its deffinatly fixed......... hopfully they dnt just take the money and fix nothing