Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

Top gear Xmas special

The first of series 16 trip to Bethlehem was funny,Poor old z3 was voted rubbish by captain slow so that's not a good look,bet some BMW exec cringed,, I don't watch the American version but I bet they're too scared of upsetting tv corporate sponsors to rubbish anything in USA version,the networks there are so bought

haha, I watched it last night.

The Z3 was a 1.9?? Auto which is probably the whole reason it sucked giant meaty testicles.

Those 3 cars are probably the first of each model to cross a desert haha.

I liked it. It was highly staged, as always, but very entertaining none the less.

I think that James May is one of the funniest guys on TV.

After watching a few weeks of the American version, and then watching the UK version (albeit a special one off) just reinforces what a steaming pile of dog sh*t the American version is. It also reinforces that the cars are the least important part of the show and are really just props to facilitate the production of an highly entertaining TV show.

Poor old z3 was voted rubbish by captain slow so that's not a good look,bet some BMW exec cringed

I think it is safe to assume that every BMW exec cringed the second the first Z3 rolled out of the factory and into the showrooms.

Most definite the 3 wise men that make the show lol. Old captain slow got taken out pretty good when they were trying to tow the Mazda out of the sand though.

Guess they had to tie the new Stig into the show somehow hence the baby Stig in the manger.

The z3 looked beter camo'ed up than what it did stock hahahaha

Even though the Z3 Sucked it did look awesome in camo.

I think the baby Stig thing was dumb...time for the Black stig to return from the depths i reckon :lol:

For some reason every time jeremy said "the baby jesus" i lol'd. If those 3 weren't presenting the show would be rubbish.

There is also another epp that was released a week before this one where they go to America in 458, SLS, GT3 RS.

Also rather funny i especially liked Richards digg at the stig in this epp.

There is also another epp that was released a week before this one where they go to America in 458, SLS, GT3 RS.

that was the best Top Gear Episode of all time and i sh*t you not.

its awesome!

I didn't really like the xmas special. Some funny bits of course but it just all seemed a bit too 'same old' I reckon they were at their best with robin space shuttles, mini ski jumps etc

I thought that was a great episode as well, in fact I liked it better than the Xmas special.

My workmate is from North Carolina and grew up not very far from the North Wilkesboro (ex) NASCAR Track that was featured in this episode.

I have given him a copy to watch (he is a huge car and NASCAR fan, in fact often works on one of the teams on thw weekend that they come to Sonoma near here to race - as for the West Coast races they normally don't send out a full staff contingent).

I was telling him about the tyre shop in the episode where they tried to get a replacement tyre for the SLS. He was saying that North Wilkesboro is a tiny 'one gas station' town and it wasn't surprising that they didn't have the right sized tyre. He said you would have to drive for at least 50 miles to get to a town big enough to have that fitment.

that was the best Top Gear Episode of all time and i sh*t you not.

its awesome!

Yes, most def the best i have seen in a few years!?

That was my least favourite part of this episode. People leave their jobs all the time and move on, going on about it in this epsiode just seemed a bit bitter. They should not even mention it, just get a new Stig (Stig 3.0) and get on with it, especially with the birth of the new Stig in the Xmas special (which I'm sure had been planned before this episode was filmed).

I didn't mind them denouncing him. He screwed his mates for personal gain.

However this does bother me.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10697046

People joke about Christian faiths all the time. sh*t there has been many TV shows taking the piss over the years. Father Ted...

Yet one little joke in the middle of a comedy car show and they get all up in arms about it. It is always the bloody Muslims that are having a cry too. But to me religion is a joke. So maybe my opinion doesn't count.

I didn't mind them denouncing him. He screwed his mates for personal gain.

I am friends with lots of my workmates, both past and present. If I decide to leave and pursue another option, I don't think I am screwing them over.

Afterall he was simply an employee of the BBC/show, nothing more.

However this does bother me.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10697046

People joke about Christian faiths all the time. sh*t there has been many TV shows taking the piss over the years. Father Ted...

Yet one little joke in the middle of a comedy car show and they get all up in arms about it. It is always the bloody Muslims that are having a cry too. But to me religion is a joke. So maybe my opinion doesn't count.

This bothers me too, for exactly the same reasons as you have pointed out. I'm sure you'll find that we are part of the silent majority, and as usual it is the vocal minority that get the attention (more often than not for the sake of it, rather than for any legitimate reason).

Not sure why I read the national papers websites. But I just had a read of an article on Paul Henry about some more complaints that were rejected. One being that he said "Jesus Christ" and that was offensive.

On the March 23 episode of Breakfast, Mr Henry read out a joke about New Zealand red wine being so bad in the 1970s that one was called saviour wine because "when you take the first sip you go, 'Jesus Christ!'"

Why has it taken me this long to realise that the media is 80% Womens Gossip Mags, 10% Irrelevant dribble and 10% Regurgitated old national news they are trying to bleed dry.

But anyway enough of the rant. Was anyone else impressed with Captin Slow pushing the Ferrari to its limits at the track. Poor Hammond couldn't keep up in his Beatle.

I am friends with lots of my workmates, both past and present. If I decide to leave and pursue another option, I don't think I am screwing them over.

This bothers me too, for exactly the same reasons as you have pointed out. I'm sure you'll find that we are part of the silent majority, and as usual it is the vocal minority that get the attention (more often than not for the sake of it, rather than for any legitimate reason).

From history it should be obvious that Muslims take their religion VERY seriously. And it seems that a lot of items that ar used daily (clothing etc) have great relious meaning to them. So this backlash shouldnt be surprising and/or unexpected.

Not being very religious/being in a religion that is less demanding on its followers and also living in areas/cities/countries that has embraced cultural advances in recent years, something like this may not be such a big deal. But you have to see both sides of the picture as well.

That said, looking at some of the twitter comments in the herald article, looks like some people really need REALLy lighten the hell up. Clarkson is not Hitler ordering people into camps!

Thanks to the person that mentioned the last episode of season 15....i didnt bother to recheck as thought it was over months ago.

I think they are pissed about the fact that he just randomly released it no warming what so ever. He had been writing it while he was still employed by the BBC and under NDA.