Sign in to follow this  
hunter

320 M sport sway bar upgrade

hey guys

i have a 320i m-sport, am happy with height and ride quality, but want it a little flatter in the corners. with previous cars (WRX STi's) sway bars have a been a solid addition to the suspension set up and delivered good performance, and were easy to find for the model car.

i have had a good look around the net and cant really find and solid info on sway bars upgrade for 320i m-sport models, lots for 325 etc, are these the same suspension wise? and what, if any, difference is there with m-sport sway bars.

also pretty sure my control arm busing needs a replacement too, that might be adding to the "rolling"?

cheers in advance.

What flavour 320? (E30/36/46 etc)

What flavour 320? (E30/36/46 etc)

sorry, E46 2001.

sorry, E46 2001.

bump!

The two cars are very different in terms of chassis -

The Subaru is effectively a front wheel drive car and needs roll stiffness to control torque steer etc.

The BMW is a rear drive car and is engineerd to provide feel and dynamics in the suspension and steering .

When I swapped from Subaru to BMW I was also tempted to stiffen the roll of the car to give the same flat ride - having learned to drive the BMW it is far more engaging and faster than the Subaru ever was.

yeah i figure that will be the case, once i get more used to it, i expected a change in dynamics etc.

It still seems like it could be flatter, did you end up stiffening the roll of the car? i have found (i think) some whiteline options that will fit. But don't want to make the car too "nervous" either. However, a slight amount of easily accessible over steer is nice :)