Sign in to follow this  
Jamex316

BMW 5 Series 2000-2002

Wanted to buy/swap.

BMW 5 Series year 2000-2002

I have a 2005 Nissan March 1.5L only done 38k's to swap.

Mob: 021718316

Wanted to buy/swap.

BMW 5 Series year 2000-2002

I have a 2005 Nissan March 1.5L only done 38k's to swap.

Mob: 021718316

Where are you and which model 5 series are you after?

My thoughts are you will be hard pressed to swap a Japanese micra small car for one of the best executive sedans out of europe, but you never know.

Might pay to just sell the Nissan or trade it in talk to cosmos.

Hamilton. I'm after the e39 5 series, preferably 2000 onwards.

Edited by Jamex316

More likely he is curious as to which engine and spec (m-sport/highline etc) over shape (E39)

Tried a Dealer? a dealer might want to swap for a Small Jap car that new, with low k's (especially with these fuel prices ;0)

Edited by antil33t

No no no... A dealer will rip me into shreds and then some!

I think I'm more persuaded to get a 530i at the moment. Let me know if you're the person to trade!

No no no... A dealer will rip me into shreds and then some!

I think I'm more persuaded to get a 530i at the moment. Let me know if you're the person to trade!

sell old car buy the new 1 .... im pretty sure no one would want to make that trade.

No the M-sport is an option.

BMW has different packages (or options) to allow some level of customisation for the end-user. Bog-standard would be the SE and in the US they have a sport version and in Japan and NZ, there is an M-sport version. Different bumpers, steering wheels, suspension, wheels and interior trim. The M-sport is primarily cosmetic upgrades on the standard car.

Decide on a budget. Then decide on the type of car (525i, 528i, 530i, sedan, touring, Msport etc). Try the dealers and get quotes in trade ins. No need to commit to a purchase.

Get a PPI.

In Hamilton, there's Carspot, Hillcrest autos and SD european and Coombes.

Good luck.

No the M-sport is an option.

BMW has different packages (or options) to allow some level of customisation for the end-user. Bog-standard would be the SE and in the US they have a sport version and in Japan and NZ, there is an M-sport version. Different bumpers, steering wheels, suspension, wheels and interior trim. The M-sport is primarily cosmetic upgrades on the standard car.

Decide on a budget. Then decide on the type of car (525i, 528i, 530i, sedan, touring, Msport etc). Try the dealers and get quotes in trade ins. No need to commit to a purchase.

Get a PPI.

In Hamilton, there's Carspot, Hillcrest autos and SD european and Coombes.

Good luck.

Your stationwagon looks sweet!

Guess the m-sport is a bit like Audi's s-line upgrade.

Definitely dig the m-sport bumpers. Guess I'll keep hunting!

What do you mean by special edition?

Your ride is mean also, saw it on youtube, the exhaust sound is wicked!

There are heaps of Things you can specify when ordering the car new.

Eg. on mine the interior panels that are leather (steering wheel, center console) ... are stitched with blue thread to match the exterior color.

I found when looking for mine that there aren't many 530i Msport Jap imports around with leather interior, usually they have a cloth/suede interior. Go and have a look at both to see what you prefer, also note that the Leather interior on a Msport is different to the Leather interior on a Highline (mainly the front seats being better in the Msport)

Every car is different ... dealers can give you a print out of the specs/options if you give them the VIN number.

Test Drive/view as many as you can.

Nice!

Yeah I noticed the suede seats too, I'm still unsure about the jap imports as I was told japan made the gearboxes and built the car differently to german engineering standards. But then again, I haven't heard much good news about german engineering either. LOL~~

Nice!

Yeah I noticed the suede seats too, I'm still unsure about the jap imports as I was told japan made the gearboxes and built the car differently to german engineering standards. But then again, I haven't heard much good news about german engineering either. LOL~~

That is true about the E36 Autos ... they had a Jatco box in them which is truly horrible and plays up all the time.

Im Pretty sure the E39 worldwide used the same box (open to correction) i have found it to be the best auto box i have ever driven.

If you are looking at cars with higher k's i would suggest having someone take a close look at it to see if it has had the box services ... bmw say the fluid in them is lifetime and you dont need to service it ...... but there definition of "lifetime" may not be as long as you would think.

Whats the 0-100 time on yours? Have you done any mods?

Whats the minimum octane fuel you can use on these machines?

0-100 time in a stock 530i is about 8 seconds for an auto if not less.

Not sure about the minimum octane but I have used 91 before and it goes sweet B)

0-100 time in a stock 530i is about 8 seconds for an auto if not less.

Not sure about the minimum octane but I have used 91 before and it goes sweet B)

Have you done any mods on yours?

Performance wise, nope.

I am happy with the normal performance of the car at the moment considering my age/experience and this is my first car.

:)

i have no need for performance mods.

my filler cap says 91-98 octane .... i personally always run 98 its like 5bux more a tank meh.

I haven't noticed much difference running on 98 with my twin turbo boxer engine before except the extra dollars so just used 91 or occasionally 95/6.

Sounds like ppl are satisfied with an 8 sec car...I'm not so sure...

Standard 5 series are built to be comfortable luxury sedans, not performance weapons.

You want stonking performance from a 5'er?.... save up for an M5.

Also, 0-100 time is not the only way to measure performance. A colleague of mine used to own an insanely quick Evo VI, he sold it and bought a stock 330i. He said the 330i was much easier to drive at the limit and while not QUICK it was faster on normal roads than the Evo purely because the power delivery was much more tractable than that of the "all or nothing" Evo.