Sign in to follow this  
Jamex316

BMW 5 Series 2000-2002

Ah yea first of all .... i don't think BMW have ever done a V6 engine?

If you want serious performance and handling get a m3 or m5.

The 530 is very comfortable and when you need to overtake you can easily but its not a car to drag race in.

The/A difference between a BMW and a Subaru is that when ur doing 200 in a BMW it feels like you are doing 100 in a Subaru, when doing 200 in a Subaru i would be wondering what bit of car is going to fall off first.

Not that you would be doing 200 down the motorway.

Edited by Matt45

My bad! Inline Inline!!

I get the drift...I'm still hung up on doing some mods to the bmw tho~~

My bad! Inline Inline!!

I get the drift...I'm still hung up on doing some mods to the bmw tho~~

dont bother modding the 530i, just get the 540i and be done with it. would take a lot of money to get the 530i anywhere near the V8. even then a 540i is still not that fast off the line. awesome for overtaking though

is the March factory?

Yeah its factory, but its got the 1.5L engine so its a pretty quick car. Only done 38k's.

Proximity key, automatic headlights, fog lamp etc.

go for an old 5 series :) the E28 528i is quicker than the E39 530i by the sounds of it :)

But again. It's a luxury car not really a performance vehicle.

0-100 time in a stock 530i is about 8 seconds for an auto if not less.

Not sure about the minimum octane but I have used 91 before and it goes sweet B)

We would occasionaly run 91 but that was only when there was a que for 98, but the 530 ran crap loads better on 98.....and for that matter so does the 540, its bugger all more expensive for 98.

We had our 39 530i sport for about 4 years (nz new) only problems we had we the odd sensor and the usual quality bmw plastic radiator, i used it to tow the race cars, loved it, gearbox was really good, the step tronic is a different way around to the V8, weird, did find the tourings were a bit bumpy in the rear...not sure if anyone else noticed that.the 3.0 is great but the 4.4 is so much smoother and not that much more to run...

We would occasionaly run 91 but that was only when there was a que for 98, but the 530 ran crap loads better on 98.....and for that matter so does the 540, its bugger all more expensive for 98.

We had our 39 530i sport for about 4 years (nz new) only problems we had we the odd sensor and the usual quality bmw plastic radiator, i used it to tow the race cars, loved it, gearbox was really good, the step tronic is a different way around to the V8, weird, did find the tourings were a bit bumpy in the rear...not sure if anyone else noticed that.the 3.0 is great but the 4.4 is so much smoother and not that much more to run...

Is that your 540i in the profile pic? Looks mean!

Is that your 540i in the profile pic? Looks mean!

That was the 530, havent changed it to the 540, imola red fantastic colour ass to keep shiny