Sign in to follow this  
polley

Reverse working turbo setup

I've read abit about how turbos increase power In engines but is it possible to have a turbo setup that actually reduces power as I'm worried about my auto trans in my e28 m30b34. Can you have like a reverse impeller forcing air back out the intake pipe and pushing some of the exhaust back into the combustion chamber.

Any of u guys can recommend a tuner who can make it have less power than I had in NA form with a turbo setup

thanx

I've read abit about how turbos increase power In engines but is it possible to have a turbo setup that actually reduces power as I'm worried about my auto trans in my e28 m30b34. Can you have like a reverse impeller forcing air back out the intake pipe and pushing some of the exhaust back into the combustion chamber.

Any of u guys can recommend a tuner who can make it have less power than I had in NA form with a turbo setup

thanx

For less power, you could just constrict the intake for that sort of effect. A reverse turbo would be a pointlessly expensive way of curbing your power....

Also, changing the tune slightly, perhaps less fuel and retarding the timing slightly.... might save you some gas and cut power...

Edited by huff3r

brick under the gas pedal also works from what i've heard.cheap too

No offence, but this sounds like a bit of a stupid topic?

Why would you do that?

Because he likes strange topics?

On a marginally related note:

Posted Image

No offence, but this sounds like a bit of a stupid topic?

Why would you do that?

Can you not find the humor in this at all?

Have you tried driving round in reverse? Just a thought. Will keep Kms down on the engine too.

Yeah the Audi sand extrude hone one's pretty funny, although surely BS.

I remember this one (such a long time ago too):

http://my.is/forums/f87/crashed-my-baby-147582/

It was wet out (yes, I had trac off) and lost the back end in the right hander near my dad's house. I hit the a tree pretty hard with passenger side rear door. Fortunately, I'm OK and nobody else got hurt. It was pretty dark so it was hard to tell how focked the car was.

I know I'll get flamed for asking this, but yesterday I got new tires (S-03). Last night, I washed my car. I armor all'ed the sidewalls and thought since the tires were new I would put armor all over them so the whole tire would be jet fockin' black. It looked hella sweet. You guys don't think this might have caused my wreck, do you? I know Armor All is a little slick but I wonder if there was something else wrong with the tires also, or something?

The turbo setup could work in reverse however i think you may run ito a few problems..

1) if you plumb in the turbo in reverse finding a manifold may be hard and you may have to custom make one which is expensive. You could try one from a left hand drive car though.

2) because you are blowing exhaust back into the engine. The turbo will be really laggy and the power reduction will be far to late in the rpm range. Ie tyou will have to thrash it to get the power reduction benifit..

3) you would have to reverse the oil flow in the turbo also, this might require an additional oil pump as your current one is geared to work for power making situations.

4) An interheater (oposite of a cooler) would be needed. I think wrx's had these from factory try your local wreckers.

I recomend a reverse supercharger setup. This way you would have a linear power reduction that would work from idle. You could plumb the charger to suck from the inlet and blow into the exhust. a bit like EGR setup only backwards plus you get that cool supercharger whine.

Once your done, adding water injection in the exhaust will also help reduce power on hot days.......

Of course you're all going the wrong way about it. Remove the engine and the trans if thats what your worried about, then cut holes in the floor, stick your feet through them and use them to push the car along whilst making "pshhht" noises every few seconds. Wham. Reverse working turbo, with a power decrease, no worrying autobox, and massive fuel savings.

Ooops, that should be (making "thhhsp" noises) as it is a reverse setup.

you could just plumb the turbo back into the exhaust and then set a low wastegate spring pressure so you boost less. therefore you get no power and all sound.

2) because you are blowing exhaust back into the engine. The turbo will be really laggy and the power reduction will be far to late in the rpm range. Ie tyou will have to thrash it to get the power reduction benifit..

I laughed haha.

the whole thing is a laugh....

polly want a cracker

^^^^

No friggen way!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!! Incredible read...must be a joke - has to be.

You think?

It was discussed on here 2 or 3 years ago....can't find the link though

The turbo setup could work in reverse however i think you may run ito a few problems..

1) if you plumb in the turbo in reverse finding a manifold may be hard and you may have to custom make one which is expensive. You could try one from a left hand drive car though.

3) you would have to reverse the oil flow in the turbo also, this might require an additional oil pump as your current one is geared to work for power making situations.

4) An interheater (oposite of a cooler) would be needed. I think wrx's had these from factory try your local wreckers.

I recomend a reverse supercharger setup. This way you would have a linear power reduction that would work from idle. You could plumb the charger to suck from the inlet and blow into the exhust. a bit like EGR setup only backwards plus you get that cool supercharger whine.

Once your done, adding water injection in the exhaust will also help reduce power on hot days.......

I agree completely.

Also, I believe some people in kenya have plumbed the exhaust pipe back into the intake, which reduces emissions too..

thanx

Lmao, this has to be a joke

just plumb the turbo in as normal but instead of going from the intercooler to the intake manifold plumb it straight into your dash so then you dont have to use your aircon.. no aircon=less gas.... duhhh

I think you would want to intercool the air first, as the air coming from the turbo could potentially be quite warm.

^ i meant that, however re reading it it didnt quite come across

just take the intercooler out in winter

Edited by -Oli-