What are my best options? coil-overs?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Looking to upgrade my BMW e21 suspension "shocks and springs"

Do e30 suspension parts fit the e21?

What are my best options? coil-overs?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Great choise of car. Without some major mods the E30 suspention will not fit. The main problem you will need to overcome is the heavy sway bar attached to the bottom arm. Any changes made in this area will effect the stearing and overall handling. You can get some uprated inserts which will give some small inprovments and stiffer springs will also help. For more than this you will need a frendly engineer and cash.

Wayne

Ps nolathane bushes are also helpfull.

Koni adjustables for the rear and have the spring platform lowered 40mm and shock shaft cut the same. You can run the standard springs and set the shocks to med damping rate. Slot the trailing arm mounting points if your are concerned with the squat camber. This is the best set up I have tried and the E21 rear is an issue. You can buy all urethane bushes from the US or pour your own. The rear subframe carrier is soft as and with some hard Urethane poured in there makes quite a bit of difference.

Shift the battery to the boot, make or buy a rear strut brace and battery holder..good to get as much weight back there as poss.

The front is 323i struts as these are 45mm from memory and I run heavy duty KYB inserts with compressed King springs and this works well. 323i 23.5mm sway bar - there are 2 types of sway bar that match two types of control arms early and late. You can weld in bracing between the chasis rails at the front to stiffen it and a decent strut brace will help.

I cast Urethane bushes for the control arms where the sway bar fits through and I purchased the sway bar bushes from Stocks.

A decent set of 15 inch rims with correct offset (quite hard to find) and I have Kuhmo 205 50s. Probably want a power rack with the wider rubber ( rare as but they are around).

Brakes..volvo 1980s 740 4 pots fit pretty easily and E30 rear calipers and discs are nearly bolt on.

Handles and brakes good, sits about 50mm lower than stock, no rattles and best of all no shimmy at around 100!

Good luck and get ready to spend some dosh and search the net for bits

• Like 1