Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

This M3

He had 21k, now reduced on this, been for sale for yonks. I've offered him 16k and he's accepted the price subject to an inspection. I haven't asked him yet but I think it has the SMG gearbox which will be one of the early ones, is this a no no? This is also an import or NZ New? I thought it looked a kiwi new unit. Looks an awesome car, but just not quite sure. Might get it in at Cookies BMW for a checkup first.

EDIT: I suppose a link would help... Visit My Website

Edited by The Diesel Guy

That would be an ideal car with the regular 5 or 6 speed fitted. Been for sale for quite sometime that one... perhaps the SMG is putting most people off, coupled with the somewhat high price.

Looks immaculate on the other hand though. One of the best BMW colours.

to be honest, at 16k smg I or not, i reckon that is a bargin and would be hard to turn down if it does check out

It's an import from Hong Kong, it has the SMG. He's bringing it down on Monday (providing we can get it booked in at BMW) for a checkup, he's advised the last two services have been there so will give them a yell and check it out also.

post-2864-1297682760.jpg

post-2864-1297682767.jpg

post-2864-1297682773.jpg

post-2864-1297682781.jpg

post-2864-1297682790.jpg

post-2864-1297682797.jpg

hmm is that the odometer tamper red dot??

No... clock symbol... service due by time... BTW: It's orange

hmm is that the odometer tamper red dot??

the tamper is below the "280" on the speedo

Well if you buy it and feel it would be better converted to normal manual I have a 6spd box/shift linkage/pedals that I bought on impulse that I should probably sell.

the tamper is below the "280" on the speedo

I always wondered what that light would be for - I guessed it would be some sort of "terminal velocity reached" light, haha.

(edit) I keep thinking these things (E36 M3) can't possibly get any cheaper - they're a pretty good car by any measure!

Edited by CamB

SMGI is fine. everyone bitches and moans about SMG as if its a major thing if it goes wrong. The pumps and hydrylic parts are easy enough to get and replace.

I think what scares people is the fact it needs to have a re-alignment after parts are replaced on NCS expert or gt1.

The clutch is just a standard clutch you can get replaced. Its not a special item.

I guess you are after a convertable, but I've allways thought this Evo with 6spd box, NZ New and decent kms is good buying ?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=350170073

That is a nice example, but I think I'd rather have the convertible.

Being an 3.2 inline 6 does this mean it's an EVO? The normal E36 M3's are only 3.0?

Haha, mint. More power = win.

So this is an even better deal at 16 slides?

I think its a great deal for 16k, Looks tidy, good k's,Leather, good colour. Wouldn't worry about the SMG, Its usually blowen out of proportion by people who have never driven a car with one

I think its a great deal for 16k, Looks tidy, good k's,Leather, good colour. Wouldn't worry about the SMG, Its usually blowen out of proportion by people who have never driven a car with one

I've driven the uncles old E60 M5 - does it work the same as this? Should this have paddles behind the steering wheel?

Subject to passing the pre-purchase inspection, this is a better deal. Cab, good colour, etc. The SMG is the only "negative" (I have no opinion on them never having driven one beyond preferring a manual and being suspicious of the extra bits).

They are fags cars.

Hope you like scuttle shake.

Haha, I'd expect nothing less. M3's aren't fags cars guy, I've always wanted one & I'm married with kid, a mortgage & a business (most fags have apartments and live with their life partners) As for your scuttle shake I doubt I'd have enough skill to push both the convert. and the hardtop to it's maximum potential every day anyhow, to what? achieve 0.3 of a second less by purchasing the hardtop over the convert around the track? :P

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Haha, I'd expect nothing less. M3's aren't fags cars guy, I've always wanted one & I'm married with kid, a mortgage & a business (most fags have apartments and live with their life partners) As for your scuttle shake I doubt I'd have enough skill to push both the convert. and the hardtop to it's maximum potential every day anyhow, to what? achieve 0.3 of a second more by purchasing the hardtop over the convert around the track? :P

You can get rather defensive can't you.

That's a bit of an over-reaction to a pretty casual wind-up.

On a side note, I do remember passing an E36 M3 cab in my 130hp 2002 race car - it was either the car or the driver (which chose the car). Are M3 cabs slow, or do M3 cab drivers choose slow cars? ;)

If you like the car, buy it.

Edited by CamB

You can get rather defensive can't you.

Nope, IMO that response wasn't defensive, difference of opinion maybe, for a daily car how often does someone push their car to the absolute limit?