Sign in to follow this  
328adam

M6 E24 / m635csi purchase

Hey there everyone.

It has been a while since ive been on these pages,but come with a very interesting topic.I have always been a drooling and gobsmacked fan of the iconic M6.Finally after many years I have option to buy probably one of the lowest Km examples in the world.It is LHD and has 88000miles on it.It is in above average condition(not concourse but fairly good).

What kind of money would this be worth???

I also have just brought a NZ new 00 540i individual AC schnitzer,arggggh.Awesome.Bavarian motors are just so great on so many levels. B).Anyway thanks in advance for any info and thoughts.

Adam

post-4229-1298368380.jpg

Edited by 328adam

maybe this one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-322195543.htm

just beaware it will be hard to sell a lhd car in nz .

this one has been for sale for ages

and i think if it was rhd would have sold long ago for maybe 12k or more .

and another lhd one been on the market for a while

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-339158084.htm

its pity this one is not a nice dark colour like black or blue , or at least silver or white with black leather sport seats.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-355779833.htm

these are the sorts that sell .

1985 onwards , nz new or jap imports .

leather sport seats ,

Hey there everyone.

It has been a while since ive been on these pages,but come with a very interesting topic.I have always been a drooling and gobsmacked fan of the iconic M6.Finally after many years I have option to buy probably one of the lowest Km examples in the world.It is LHD and has 88000miles on it.It is in above average condition(not concourse but fairly good).

What kind of money would this be worth???

I also have just brought a NZ new 00 540i individual AC schnitzer,arggggh.Awesome.Bavarian motors are just so great on so many levels. B).Anyway thanks in advance for any info and thoughts.

Adam

Hey there Adam,

I hope I can help. I am a fan of the M-powered shark and having owned a tidy example, know them very well.

In this country, a left hand drive M6 seems to be worth what the buyer is willing to pay. A variety have arrived in NZ over the last 5-6 years, and in varying levels of condition.

A few were imported a few years ago through a guy called Tony Ramlose. His were from- Japan and were ex-Germany. Some were sold for as low as $15k. Most of these seem to be used as track -weapons.

One of the finest examples is the one in Christchurch - it is also from JApan and is ex Germany and is evidently number 3 out of all M6's ever manufactured, so is a 83.' This car has been marketed for over a year or so now, at what I perceive as a fair price -around the mid 20's and hasn't been sold.

The NZ new examples (around 20 or so) have been as sold as low as the 18k mark but in recent years have averaged around the $25-30k mark (with a mint, NZ new 90km example going for around $40k 18 months ago).

To be fair, there have been very few NZ-new examples marketed for a little while. They are rare, and rarely parted with.

In terms of this example you mention, the LHD examples tend to have a larger market overseas. However, in this country, they don't seem to have the same demand as the LHD muscle cars from the States! Even Ozzies seem to pay comparatively big money for a LHD M6.

i dont think he is looking a m635csi just a 635csi

dont think so brent look at the title of the thread

Hey there Adam,

I hope I can help. I am a fan of the M-powered shark and having owned a tidy example, know them very well.

In this country, a left hand drive M6 seems to be worth what the buyer is willing to pay. A variety have arrived in NZ over the last 5-6 years, and in varying levels of condition.

A few were imported a few years ago through a guy called Tony Ramlose. His were from- Japan and were ex-Germany. Some were sold for as low as $15k. Most of these seem to be used as track -weapons.

One of the finest examples is the one in Christchurch - it is also from JApan and is ex Germany and is evidently number 3 out of all M6's ever manufactured, so is a 83.' This car has been marketed for over a year or so now, at what I perceive as a fair price -around the mid 20's and hasn't been sold.

The NZ new examples (around 20 or so) have been as sold as low as the 18k mark but in recent years have averaged around the $25-30k mark (with a mint, NZ new 90km example going for around $40k 18 months ago).

To be fair, there have been very few NZ-new examples marketed for a little while. They are rare, and rarely parted with.

In terms of this example you mention, the LHD examples tend to have a larger market overseas. However, in this country, they don't seem to have the same demand as the LHD muscle cars from the States! Even Ozzies seem to pay comparatively big money for a LHD M6.

Hey there Adam,

Thankyou so much for this very informative info.This is a lot less than what I was hoping to hear,and a hell of a lot less then what they are fetching up in Europe.I will endeavour post a lot of pics when it arrives.

Thanks again.

Adam

Hey Brent,nup I just brought it..And it is a genuine M6 with 88000 kms(not miles) on it.Will bring it out to say gidday,when it arrives.

Thanks again

What about photos of the porker?

Lol pic is up...I think a 318tourer is a bit more of a porker B)

Thankyou so much for this very informative info.This is a lot less than what I was hoping to hear,and a hell of a lot less then what they are fetching up in Europe.I will endeavour post a lot of pics when it arrives.

Thanks again.

Adam

Hey Adam, congrats on your purchase...

Was this car one of the M6's brought in by Tony Ramlose from Japan?

Diamond Schwartz?

Thanks again.

Adam

By the way, I just noticed your car has the very early bolted metric wheels. They were later replaced around early 85 with a revised wheel without the bolts. As a matter of interest, what year of manufacture is this one?

Regards

Lol pic is up...I think a 318tourer is a bit more of a porker B)

Take a picture with the finest from Munich and Stuttgart side-by-side.

Take a picture with the finest from Munich and Stuttgart side-by-side.

Yes sir!! :lol:,have got one of them nose to nose..but need to modify my settings on here to allow me to upload.If somehow doubting my owning them though,i simply cant be bothered for your piece of mind.

Thanks

By the way, I just noticed your car has the very early bolted metric wheels. They were later replaced around early 85 with a revised wheel without the bolts. As a matter of interest, what year of manufacture is this one?

Regards

Thats a bit of a worry,considering this is an 86 model!Hmmm,no i have imported the vehicle privately.It appears to be in great shape,and fingers crossed it is all that when it arrives!!Thanks again for your advice regarding these vehicles.If i am going to get any sort of return on the vehicle,it looks like it will be going back offshore though :(.Ahh well,will enjoy it for a bit while it is here me thinks!

Thanks again.

Adam

also with these m88 engines , very importatant that you check the timming chain and guides as the guides wear quite a bit and if they fail its all over for the engine.

Yes sir!! :lol:,have got one of them nose to nose..but need to modify my settings on here to allow me to upload.If somehow doubting my owning them though,i simply cant be bothered for your piece of mind.

Thanks

I just want to see some German (car) p0rn. I'm always keen to see pictures of BMWs and Porsches.

Thats a bit of a worry,considering this is an 86 model!Hmmm,no i have imported the vehicle privately.It appears to be in great shape,and fingers crossed it is all that when it arrives!!Thanks again for your advice regarding these vehicles.If i am going to get any sort of return on the vehicle,it looks like it will be going back offshore though :(.Ahh well,will enjoy it for a bit while it is here me thinks!

Thanks again.

Adam

Hi Adam

Wouldn't worry about the wheels. I have seen some 86's with those wheels too (if they are indeed the metrics). If they are in fact metrics, BMW found that they were causing some problems (leaking and some corrosion issues around the bolts).

Since they are comparatively rare, some prefer these original ones.

If you want to make good money- Continental Europe is the place to sell it.

I just want to see some German (car) p0rn. I'm always keen to see pictures of BMWs and Porsches.

All good mate, cant upload here sorry. Havent got one of the m6 and the Porsche yet...have some neat ones of the 540i Schnitzer and the 911.Just got back from Stuttgart and the Porsche Museum which was the driver to pull away from Japanese vehicles all together lol.Pics of the 540 on trade me at the mo mate,and cheers

Hi Adam

Wouldn't worry about the wheels. I have seen some 86's with those wheels too (if they are indeed the metrics). If they are in fact metrics, BMW found that they were causing some problems (leaking and some corrosion issues around the bolts).

Since they are comparatively rare, some prefer these original ones.

If you want to make good money- Continental Europe is the place to sell it.

Thanks again mate,am about to go and check that out now.Is that your 850/840 in the pic??There is very little online about m6s online,so i really value your input.

Cheers

Adam

Thanks again mate,am about to go and check that out now.Is that your 850/840 in the pic??There is very little online about m6s online,so i really value your input.

Cheers

Adam

Pleasure Adam. E24's are my favourite BMW and love to help.

Yeah I have a 840 Ci sport in Hell red.

I would follow Brent's advice regarding the timing chain. I know of a NZ new M6 that blew a chain at 102,000 kms so the old 100,000 miles /160,000kms rule of thumb doesn't always apply. when I bought mine it had 180,000 km and the first thing I did was take it in to Ross at BM Workshop to get the job done. It gives you peace of mind.

Regards,