Sign in to follow this  
MrDevine

1992 E34 M5

27 minutes ago, treone said:

Ressurection of this post has got me thinking - anyone know what happened to, or where is, the green re-shelled E34 M5? I recall @BM WORLD sold it 5-6 years ago?

race car now , down in otago area , my mate saw it recenty going around the track 

8519B43F-877F-4CF5-907A-195F69BC3636.jpeg

Edited by BM WORLD

10 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

I was going to buy it but settled for an e39 M5.

I also contemplated buying it at the time as well - looking back now it was a great way, and price, to experience an E34 M5! 

10 minutes ago, BM WORLD said:

race car now 

Good to know that it is still around and lives on!

What about the NZ New ultra-violet one (possibly in the pics in this thread - apologies if it is, I haven't fully re-read thread) that came up for sale through Turners a couple of years ago? Where did that one end up?

Personally would love to own an E34 and E39 M5. But unfortunately for me, it seems that prices are steadily climbing... I shulda, wulda, culda ? . Happy with the E36 M3 sedan though ?

Yeah always a good thing when they live on in another chassis instead of gutted for organs like what happened to Jocks old car. I made the guy pay for that privilege of buying that one haha. 

Edited by Eagle

7 hours ago, ssbmw said:

So possibly 2-3 nz new 3.6 M5’s ( and lots of imports), 3 with 3.8’s, and no doubt the odd import too.

However, why so rare? 

Was this due to the effects of the share market crash in 87?’

I suspect too that BMW weren’t as good with their marketing back then for their M5’s. A lot of people didn’t really know what a M5 entailed. 

A far cry from the success Bmw had with subsequent  versions of the M5. 

whatever the resaon and i think you are right i that in 87 we had the big crash,a 199 000 car was low in priority,and it was the reason we got the 535"is" instead IMHO

2 hours ago, treone said:

What about the NZ New ultra-violet one (possibly in the pics in this thread - apologies if it is, I haven't fully re-read thread) that came up for sale through Turners a couple of years ago? Where did that one end up?

Yes that's the one above, owned by my boss

11 hours ago, treone said:

Personally would love to own an E34 and E39 M5. But unfortunately for me, it seems that prices are steadily climbing... I shulda, wulda, culda ? . Happy with the E36 M3 sedan though ?

wait, what?  @treone Time for Duran Duran torture:

11 hours ago, Olaf said:

wait, what?  @treone 

@Olaf I couldn't help myself. Its a case of 'doing it again' - the clubhouse remix that is ?

Look forward to the coffee and cars catch up next week...

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

outstanding, mate.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:55 PM, Gaz said:

Yes that's the one above, owned by my boss

Thats awesome! Back on topic - what thoughts/impressions, good and not so good, does your boss have on the M5?

Edited by treone

On 5/18/2019 at 10:37 PM, treone said:

Thats awesome! Back on topic - what thoughts/impressions, good and not so good, does your boss have on the M5?

Not sure, it sits here at work and doesn't get driven much at all haha

I owned a NZ new 3.6 RM1762 in Macau Blue. Brilliant car that had 245kms on it when i sold it in 09 and it ran superbly. Think it is still in Auckland.

• Like 2

My old database says there were just two RHD 3.8 litre E34 M5's sold new in NZ, both pre-facelift with 5-speed gearbox:   

GE00070 Avusblau (Reg. MIIIII) Build date Oct 92                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

GE00089 Daytonaviolett (Reg. SD5150)  Build date Nov 92

There were three (3) 3.6 litre RHD E34 M5's sold here:                                                                                                                 

GA25279 Alpinweiss II (Reg. EYR773)  Build date Aug 90                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

GA25291 Macaublau (Reg. RIS3N) Build date Sep 90                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

GA25413 Lagunengruen (Reg. RI5195) Build date Feb 91

Edited by bmwwgn
format text

GA25291 was my machine for 8 or so years Peter. I see it has a new plate these days but i'll bet it is still going strong.

I wonder if the purple one SD5150 was the one that lived on my old road in Alfriston.  Cool cars and would possibly rate over the E39 IMO.