Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Hybrid: e30 s50b32 vs e60 m5

Myself vs an e60 m5 ... great battle that I really enjoyed going toe to toe. I backed off a couple of times in the sweeper as I didnt want to plow into it! as he was pushing it pretty hard.

FUN!

enjoy.

Awesome.

Dont forget to upload the scary moment at turn 1 :)

wow - lookit the M5 accelerate, especially at 150kph+ compared to you. An S50B32 is no slouch...

Totally! .. a stark contrast in cars, power to light weight vs muscle. 180hp and around 200nm more torque. the e30 catches up under brakes and if wasn't so worried about him sliding out and me hitting him I would of tried to overtake a few more times haha, he would of got back on the straights.

Cmon, you run slicks and he is on road tyres, not really fair, you could have slipped up the inside easy! 500+ BHP looks good though!

You have some nice straight line pace and your car sounds fantastic, good to see you are out using the car as much as possible, so many awesome projects sit in a shed.

Cmon, you run slicks and he is on road tyres, not really fair, you could have slipped up the inside easy! 500+ BHP looks good though!

You have some nice straight line pace and your car sounds fantastic, good to see you are out using the car as much as possible, so many awesome projects sit in a shed.

Hehe .. yeah I would have if he didnt start sliding/sledging a lot of the corners. I really didnt want him oversteering and tank slapping it into me. The only way I decided to pass was under brakes. We both talked about it in the pits again and he said thanks for not overtaking him on the corners as he said he nearly lost it a few times.

I reckon you'll carry more speed into turn one if you stay out further to the left rather than middle of the track Josh - the apex I am told is on the start of the second rumble strip not in between the first and the second.

Very cool video and the car sounds awesome!! Must be frustrating seeing the M5 get away on the long straights with that V10!! Have to say the M5 driving was all over the place (must be the weight thing) and didn't seem to turn in very well (alignment??).

Edited by M3_Power

The M5 is a pig on the track, its just too heavy and hard on tyres and brakes, I have passed one in my stock at the time Megane ;)

Cool Vid, and thanks again for sharing.

The M5 is certainly impressive, you can see that 507hp working, looks like he hooks 3rd or 4th and it just pulls into the distance :o

But it is boat compared to the S50'd E30!

Awesome vid. Is this with your track pipe in Josh?

Awesome vid. Is this with your track pipe in Josh?

yeah, the vid doesnt really show the sound it as the about 150mph gopro sealed casing ..

Its offensive race car loud lol