Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Looking at this RS4 to buy

It's toy time, have built a shed to house the trailer & ATV at the bach (eliminates 80% of my towing) and have purchased a daily runabout for work (V12 Holden Astra twin turbo)

I'm looking at THIS Does anyone know anything about these & what I need to look out for? I watched a Top Gear review on the car and they seem to be pretty tough. These seem to have come down quite a bit over the past 12 months, like Audi's build quality and feel, just not keen on their reliability lol...

If I had the money I would buy one today. Definitely next 'toy' car on my buying list.

Sorry but I don't know any of the answers to your questions haha

They do sound amazing. **If** anything breaks, could be painful. Make sure the wear items are up do date or not imminent (not based on direct experience, but indirect - a friend's S4) - eg brakes, bushings, tyres.

I'd buy this, on the basis it should be reliable (low km) and would be more fun to drive.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-358778389.htm

Edited by CamB

RS4 looks and sounds awesome.

But, at that mileage you'd need to do the cambelt (unless the V8 doesn't have one?), plus brakes (possibly - ceramic?). I know it costs an eye watering amount for ceramic brakes for Porsches, which I'm thankful that mine isn't equipped with one.

They are fantastic machines get a warranty and a dealer to take a good look over it.

They sound awesome with a Milltek exhaust and remap!

Factory exhaust sound good too. ^

Though I am puzzled why the owner has put an el cheapo jumper lead set in the back of the car..... an RS4 deserves better than that, plenty of nice high quality German, UK jumper leads you can buy.

Fun car to drive, tons of grip with the traction control turned off..

The air inflated seats are nice so you can get them to how you want them.

If you want something slower and heavier than an M3, they're the way to go. :P

But, at that mileage you'd need to do the cambelt (unless the V8 doesn't have one?), plus brakes (possibly - ceramic?). I know it costs an eye watering amount for ceramic brakes for Porsches, which I'm thankful that mine isn't equipped with one.

They have cam chains and iron rotors. Ceramic rotors are a bit of a gimmick, anyway. Edited by kinetik

What is twin turbo V12 Astra?

The air inflated seats are nice so you can get them to how you want them.

f**k me - that's awesome! Damn Germans think of everything.

These things really do sound menacing - just not in your face like an HSV. Do it!

These things really do sound menacing - just not in your face like an HSV. Do it!

Our E60 545i did that, inflated and moved around as the going got fast.. or boat like.

Audi's RS cars seem to hold good value, much better than M-Cars for some reason.

The RS4 goes ok from what I have seen on track, as said not as well as an E46 or as much fun but TBH I would rather a RS4 for everyday driving, especially in winter.

Heh not to mention the styling too, RS4 > HSV

I can't get over how tacky the last run of HSV VE have been. Horrible!

Man you're so young and successful Clinton....

I would have said young & stupid.

Computers make a lot of money now days =D

so does gold =) precious metals =D

I would have said young & stupid.

Spending that much money on an old car with high kms when you could buy something brand new and better suited you your likely applications for much less?

:P

Spending that much money on an old car with high kms when you could buy something brand new and better suited you your likely applications for much less?

:P

Cheaper? Kia Sportage diesel?

yeah what graham said ---- so go get a Renault Megane RS250 cup

Im getting mine soon :) cant wait

What is twin turbo V12 Astra?

A very strange little red car. I drove it once. I thought the accelerator pedal was strange.

Lovely car. Make sure you drive an M3 before you buy one though. I found even the E46 M3 seems more urgent in its power delivery than the RS4. Plus at with that budget you may like to end up in an e92 :) But still, RS4 is pretty mean.