Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

Cheap Radar Detectors 1-day

Um, gotta add my story here! i'm gunner get one if I ever go on a long haul again, I don't spped around town, maybe 140 at night on the freeway, if it's quiet...

But last year I drove from south of Perth to Onslow, 1500km's in 12 hours.

I only exceeded the speed limit a couple of times, all the way from Geraldton to Carnarvon, then there to Onslow...

180-200km/h. long desert roads..

BUT I GOT CAUGHT a few weeks later, 167km/h just cruising from Onslow to Karratha, cop car behind a road train. then the same cops, same place on the way home 127km/h, cos I saw them...

$1000 fine, impounded 28 days, They let me drive back to Onslow! 6 month disqualification.

valentine 2 Is about $1000 or close.

But the coppers here are using lasers now.

They are charging about $1600 from memory for a set of reversing sensors mounted by your No. plates to block the laser!

The old radar guns and speed cameras are being pushed out to regional WA, country towns, the lasers are for the flash cops in the city.

Now they are introducing cameras under overpasses which time your journey, if you come in under time, you get a fine!

Just nail it after the last overpass and take the next off ramp, if I wasn't a responsible mature age driver..

Cheap radar detectors, no such thing, plenty of videos on ewe tube etc doing comparisons, handy thing called the interweb, they do all the research for you. Me I'm not gunner bother!

Hmmm. Just Crusing huh??