Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Trackday 24th July (Sunday), 2011

Less than a week to go, weather isn't looking too promising at this stage but a lot can change in a week. For those that are scared of a bit of wet you can text me on 0274596684 for a weather update on the day, I will be there from about 7am. I will also advise that it can be raining heavily in Auckland and Hamilton but be fine at Hampton. This has something to do with the Maori Folk Law for the area that the hills surrounding break up the clouds. Might have to take them up on that one.

Transponder timing will be available for free for those who have transponders or $30 if you need to hire a transponder. You can share a transponder between a few cars if you want to keep costs down.

An Ambo will be on site and I will be using a brand new BMW X3 as the tow car (such a nice car to drive)

For those who have not prepayed yet I will be stopping prepaymetns around Wednesday.

Don't forget your helmet and overalls.

Edited by Jamez

^Word.

This week I am putting in an LSD, running brake ducts and possible new steering rack. Would hate the rain!

Sorry James I'm off the fence and into the can't make it paddock. :angry:

Passengers are free and for those with a non caged car you can take passengers round but it will be on a conditional basis.

What are the conditions that will be applied for this to happen?

Cheers

What are the conditions that will be applied for this to happen?

Cheers

-don't drive like a douche

-you have been to a few trackdays at Hampton before

ect ect, there are no conditions its just I don't want it getting out of hand.

Thanks for clearing this up (and for the slick!).

I guess possible passengers just require overalls, closed footwear and a helmet (provided the car in question is allowed passengers).

yes, weather is not looking to bad at this stage either.

edit- when you go beyond just looking at the picture of a dark cloud on metservice.

Edited by Jamez

Hey James thanks one again for putting this together.

What are the chances of having a "fast" sessions with less traffic for people with serious cars wanting to test what the car can do?? Even if its one session for people lapping in the -1.20 zone wanting some clear runs for timing purposes? Need four laps to get my tyres prime and then a a clean run is all!

Chur

See you on Sunday.

Hey James thanks one again for putting this together.

What are the chances of having a "fast" sessions with less traffic for people with serious cars wanting to test what the car can do?? Even if its one session for people lapping in the -1.20 zone wanting some clear runs for timing purposes? Need four laps to get my tyres prime and then a a clean run is all!

Chur

See you on Sunday.

The fast group spread out rather nicely so I am sure you wont have any issues with traffic and most of the people in the fast group have serious cars as well. If you find someone in the fast group that shouldn't be there just let me know and I'll sort it out. Usually the problem is cars that should be in the fast group go out in the slow group and scare everyone shitless :lol:

Edited by Jamez

Usually the problem is cars that should be in the fast group go out in the slow group and scare everyone shitless :lol:

+1....I am one of the scared shitless people haha

Who would be keen for a shootout style event at the end of the day? Would need some prizes to make it worth it though.

Keen for shoot out if my car doesnt run out of gas ... which happens about 2:30pm without fail ..

Keen for shoot out if my car doesnt run out of gas ... which happens about 2:30pm without fail ..

I found nearly everyone hits that point about then haha. Bring some jerry cans?

What are the chances of having a "fast" sessions with less traffic for people with serious cars wanting to test what the car can do?

You've got me interested now mate, what is this 'serious' car of yours? :)

*edit, just did the math and realised the name change Graham, be good to see you there mate.

*Josh, grab a 20L jerry can from Repco and fill it up with 98.

I'll have 40L of spare fuel so "may" have some spare but don't bet on it.

Edited by Hi-Tek

Space in the e30 is at a premium but will working something out like that.

Whose keen to take me for a few runs =D Wanna go round Hampton is a properly quick car!!

Josh, i've got a 20ltr fuel thingy if you want to borrow it. Your on the shore right?

the forecast i looked at was 9am small shower, 3pm clear with clouds. Hopefully it'll be the weather as described above^

^

Better yet...fine all day with no wind and overcast :)

Should be a cool day.

James I will still pay on the day.

Josh- I also have a ghetto can use,you can half a fill with me.

Have been going 5-12 every night for the last week trying to get the car back together. Brakes are still not functioning perfectly and cant get new pads in time so gonna be on semi used Bendix POS.

Brakes are still not functioning perfectly and cant get new pads in time so gonna be on semi used Bendix POS.

I have some PFC endurance pads I can bring along if you want, rears have a season left in them, fronts have a trackday or 2 left in them.

Edit - Only a 2 more days to go, things to remember for the day are:

-Driver Sign in will be from 8:30-9am in the big white Pavalon on the inside of the track, drivers briefing will follow shortly afer.

-Hamptons will be open from 11am-1pm serving hot food and coffee's

-Transponder timing will be availible for free if you have your own or $30 if you don't

-Passengers will be allowed in cars (excludes convertibles) but will have to sign an idemnity and will have to wear helmet and overalls.

-It will be up to the drivers to decide what group they go in but if you are faster than 1:25 you are destined for the fast group.

-Pit Garages are availible at $75 per car from Hampton Downs. If you get yourself and 3 mates you will get your own garage otherwise you will have to share.

-Weather is not looking to bad at this stage, will probably be like the first trackhack day last year (August 28th - Damp in morning, dry in the afternoon).

-I am picking up the e30 today :D :D :D, I will try get some seatbelts installed for those that want a ride.

-If all else fails you can call me on 0274596684

Edited by Jamez

-Pit Garages are availible at $75 per car from Hampton Downs. If you get yourself and 3 mates you will get your own garage otherwise you will have to share.

Josh, Ashkan and Dylan. Are you guys keen on sharing a garage if the weather is not looking too good on the day?

I'm keen on a pit garage but don't want to share with randoms who might go through our stuff while we're out on the track.