Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Trackday 24th July (Sunday), 2011

Afirmative. Shoot out! Ill bring my body armour.... and a heavy right foot. I hope the little S3 can keep up.

Josh, Ashkan and Dylan. Are you guys keen on sharing a garage if the weather is not looking too good on the day?

I'm keen on a pit garage but don't want to share with randoms who might go through our stuff while we're out on the track.

Yeah screw it .. keen as. Sick of not having storage.

-- ashkan .. Ill probably use the extra 20ltrs so will grab one for myself. -- thanks for the offer tho.

Dont know if that Ollie character can be trusted.

Hmmm, I am pretty much broke as of right now and $75 will fill my truck to get there and back so I will have to mooch next to you high rollers.

Just got the car finished. LSD's pwn. so fkn much.

Checklist for a 1st time noobie:

Overalls

Helmet

Gloves

Checked fluids, including coolant and engine oil topped off just above the top notch on the dipstick

Brakes bled with new fluid 2 weeks ago

Filled up petrol tank

Brakes checked

Wat tyre pressue should I be running on 195/50/15?

I would put the pressures to your normal ones on the road and lower them once you hit the track. Then on your way home stop off at the mobil gas station and put the pressures back up.

I have a pressure gauge you can borrow tomorrow

Looks like I'm not going to make it fellas :(

The car had quite a misfire out of the blue today so I took the sparkplugs out, No5 has a bit of water corrosion between the top of the plug and the coil.

Now I can't get two of the plugs back in (4&5). It seems the last owner has cross threaded them. I've only got an M14x1.5mm tap to clean the threads so I'm boned for now unless someone has an M14x1.25mm tap I can borrow?

nononononono, you could pick one up from supercheap or repco on the way down as they open at 8:30?

Edited by Jamez

They have tap and die sets, though i'm not sure if they would have the correct size.

OLLLIE. Theee fkkkkk.

Just cross thread them back in. Yeah.

Jamez playa dont forget to bring them overalls. I may be a lil hungdover tommorow. bye

Bad ass day ... Thanks james as usual.

Crept into a 1.17.9 which is a new personal best however stupid me forgot the foot pump so the pressure in the slicks where 18,20,21,21,5 :/ could of done a lot better I think.

Good to see everyone again :)

Thanks James!

Nice meeting new people, and seeing some familiar faces as well. Awesome 1st time outing, sorry to the people behind me, got a little too ambitious with the lap times :D At least i didn't spin out

Excellent day.

Loved the fact that it dried up! Will post videos once edited/uploaded

Thanks to all those that came today, was a great day with not to much rain.

Thanks to Heath for being the eyes of turn 2

For those that I took round I was doing 1:18's but once most people had left I went out and tried to set a new PB, I managed to get a 1:13.5 which is near enough to what I was aiming for. All I need is a new set of slicks and I should be in the 1:11's in no time :DLink to mylaps

NICE James! .. thats awesome.

hmmm, my to do list for september

New more efficient oil cooler

New rotors and pads

LSD dail in, new ramp angles etc

Cheers for the day fellas,

Made it there by 1:30pm after my cross threaded spark plug dramas in the morning.

Only managed 2 sessions before of of the front brakes finally cracked (was expecting it but not so soon)

My fastest lap was a 1:15.7 (not my best at Hampton which was a 1:15.1 a few weeks ago) but still happy with that considering the track temperature etc.

Did anyone see me nearly lose it on turn 9 (the hairpin?) I was in the white Nissan R32 GTR. I got completely crossed up and thought I was heading into the gravel.

Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people.

* Askan, I think you still have my GPS receiver dude?

hehe ollie that would of made a good vid .. speaking of which we should all really do some video of each other some time .. external tracking shots etc etc.

Thank for a great day

cars with transponders will the time be posted on mylaps ?

Yep wicked day, I had a crappy start spinning out a couple times in the wet and ending up in the mud. Got a bit better then brakes and tires died.

On the last session i could only manage a 1.26 which was me really going for it which I thought was odd (was doing 1.20 last time, then I realised I had a flat tyre. Retard.

Ollie, I do still have it here. my bad. PM me Willy's address and Ill post it to him.

The Audi and I thank you all for a fantastic day! Always a pleasure to see you guys! I thoroughly enjoyed my quattro power slides

Ollie, I do still have it here. my bad. PM me Willy's address and Ill post it to him.

Bro just give them to me this thursday (@pub) .. can drop them off to willie easy enough as I drive past his house most days.

Thanks Sam for helping me with putting the slicks on and the damaged rear is all good.. nothing a bit of the hellBM panel beating wont fix.