Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Darin's 36

Anyone you'd reccommend to cut the tips? Too fussy for a home job haha

Pitstop or an exhaust shop?

I'll hit up Pitstop in New Lynn maybe, the muffler shop I went to fit the muffler was adamant it cant be done though I don't see why not.

Are the Breytons 120x5? Was wondering how you were planning to get around the different stud pattern problem. Nice work, those will look gooood when fitted

The breytons are the right stud pattern for BMW's! One of the previous owners hooked me up and helped me bring it in from the UK.. You might recognise his car.

post-6404-1367730331.jpg

He is in Auckland now looking for his next car project and I'm trying to get him to come back into a bimmer! He also had a mad clean e21 previously!

post-6404-1367730695.jpg

I'll hit up Pitstop in New Lynn maybe, the muffler shop I went to fit the muffler was adamant it cant be done though I don't see why not.

The breytons are the right stud pattern for BMW's! One of the previous owners hooked me up and helped me bring it in from the UK.. You might recognise his car.

post-6404-1367730331.jpg

He is in Auckland now looking for his next car project and I'm trying to get him to come back into a bimmer! He also had a mad clean e21 previously!

post-6404-1367730695.jpg

Can't say I'm a fan of the stance look, too much stretch & camber there for my tastes. Still, I can appreciate a good job done when i see one :) the 21 looks really tidy! oh, the things I'd do if only I had the time, money and space :D

Can't say I'm a fan of the stance look, too much stretch & camber there for my tastes. Still, I can appreciate a good job done when i see one :) the 21 looks really tidy! oh, the things I'd do if only I had the time, money and space :D

Nah I totally agree with you... I'm a massive fan of form and function. Thats why there is a huge chance that those breytons will end up on my e28 haha!

In other not so exciting news, took the car for a drive to Wongs last night. The weather held up surprisingly well. Drives like that make whatever I spend on it irrelevant.

post-6404-1367826684.jpg

And this was a shot I took today which I thought was pretty cool. The rain had town looking deserted on a weekday afternoon.

post-6404-1367826753.jpg

I suspect they'll suit the E28 a great deal more. Far as I'm concerned it's function over form, I find it really difficult to justify cosmetic expenses unless they can provide a demonstrable gain in performance. I.e. 17x8 rims ok because they provide more rubber than 15x7. Vaders because they'd stop my increasingly fat ass sliding around so much.

And I can justify ordering Bimmersport and Luftwaffe stickers cause I'm gonna tear out my non functioning aircon when I do the manual swap. Still equals a net weight loss :ph34r:

*edit - where's wongs chicken? I'm curious to discover what a wong wing tastes like

Edited by Ahmedsinc

I suspect they'll suit the E28 a great deal more. Far as I'm concerned it's function over form, I find it really difficult to justify cosmetic expenses unless they can provide a demonstrable gain in performance. I.e. 17x8 rims ok because they provide more rubber than 15x7. Vaders because they'd stop my increasingly fat ass sliding around so much.

And I can justify ordering Bimmersport and Luftwaffe stickers cause I'm gonna tear out my non functioning aircon when I do the manual swap. Still equals a net weight loss :ph34r:

*edit - where's wongs chicken? I'm curious to discover what a wong wing tastes like

Wongs is in Massey St, Hamilton haha.

I agree with you on the Breytons suiting the e28 more! Our differing views come in on cosmetic upgrades haha. For me it makes the whole driving experience better when you enjoy what you're in that little bit more. Having said that, the actual driveability of the car is the most important thing to me and I've had BMWorkshop go over the car and fix every single issue or upcoming issues in the three years I've owned it. A month back when someone offered to buy the car, and I looked through receipts I have, they totalled far more than what I bought the car for in parts and maintenance haha!

Wongs is in Massey St, Hamilton haha.

I agree with you on the Breytons suiting the e28 more! Our differing views come in on cosmetic upgrades haha. For me it makes the whole driving experience better when you enjoy what you're in that little bit more. Having said that, the actual driveability of the car is the most important thing to me and I've had BMWorkshop go over the car and fix every single issue or upcoming issues in the three years I've owned it. A month back when someone offered to buy the car, and I looked through receipts I have, they totalled far more than what I bought the car for in parts and maintenance haha!

Hell, if I wasn't as tight or as broke and about 10 years younger I'm sure my viewpoint on flashy bits would be quite different :)

I've had my fill of buying toys for the sake of having them, time for someone else to have the fun! Now go get some LMs! :D

Bummer, no wongs for Ahmed then :(

Finally got around to cutting the exhaust. The guys at Pit Stop New Lynn sorted it for $20 including the tips they put on.

post-6404-1368656725.jpg

post-6404-1368656717.jpg

I prefer it by miles, looks a lot cleaner while still keeping the deep rumble of course.

Looks so much better! Good work.

Haha yeah long overdue!!

Onto next order of business... The rear window seals are driving me nuts everytime I see them!! Wonder if its a DIY job...

post-6404-1368677469.jpg

And heres a better pic of the interior all fitted up. Still need new gaiters and shift knob.

post-6404-1368677542.jpg

Nice! I'll buy your shift knob off ya when you get your new one :)

Oh god I want leather Vaders!!

^ Indeed, I do like that steering wheel too, is it a stock one or retro fitted from an E46?

Nice! I'll buy your shift knob off ya when you get your new one :)

Oh god I want leather Vaders!!

Haha its a non oem rubber one! Hate it :angry: I prefer the suede vaders myself, but can't complain!

^ Indeed, I do like that steering wheel too, is it a stock one or retro fitted from an E46?

Stock one, I believe all f/l e36 motorsports had them? When I clean it, the tri-couloured stitching shows... For a few hours till its dirty again :P

Haha its a non oem rubber one! Hate it :angry: I prefer the suede vaders myself, but can't complain!

Balls :( Never mind

Haha yeah long overdue!!

Onto next order of business... The rear window seals are driving me nuts everytime I see them!! Wonder if its a DIY job...

I have the same problem on the M3 that I also need to sort out. Il keep an eye out if you do diy it and how is goes unless I beat you to it...but I doubt it :P

Yep it's a DIY. 'Thornburn' posted a DIY a while back when I needed to replace a rear window.

Car looks real good, quality modded all round e36. Could be a little lower at the front for my liking but that's just me :ph34r:

Edited by Gaz

Sweet, il have to have a looky at that then. Cheers

Stock one, I believe all f/l e36 motorsports had them? When I clean it, the tri-couloured stitching shows... For a few hours till its dirty again :P

Ohh yeah of course, you have a F/L version. lol yeah thats the trouble with that stitch!

Everytime I turn a rag completely black and get the stitching coloured, it's gone in a week :(

Looks sweet. That's a great deal from pit stop. They look like the oem tips which are a lot more than $20 obviously.

I also would like to replace real rubber but the roof spoiler it's preventing me removing the existing seals.

Cracks me up how similar our cars are. You win on vaders and stagger.

Check eBay for cheap gaiters

I have the same problem on the M3 that I also need to sort out. Il keep an eye out if you do diy it and how is goes unless I beat you to it...but I doubt it :P

Just had a look on Pelican Parts, $38USD for both the seals and $44 for shipping. Still a fair fix for under $100 I think. Prob place an order soonish.

Yep it's a DIY. 'Thornburn' posted a DIY a while back when I needed to replace a rear window.

Car looks real good, quality modded all round e36. Could be a little lower at the front for my liking but that's just me :ph34r:

Found that, pretty much covers all we need to know to tackle it. Doesn't look hard at all, perhaps time consuming. Haha cheers, agree with you on the lowering 100%. Been trying to justify coilovers but at $2000 including a cert not sure I can. Prob settle for lowering springs all round.

Ohh yeah of course, you have a F/L version. lol yeah thats the trouble with that stitch!

F/L has its perks, but the old nose panel and grill set the car off better I reckon!

Everytime I turn a rag completely black and get the stitching coloured, it's gone in a week :(

Looks sweet. That's a great deal from pit stop. They look like the oem tips which are a lot more than $20 obviously.

I also would like to replace real rubber but the roof spoiler it's preventing me removing the existing seals.

Cracks me up how similar our cars are. You win on vaders and stagger.

Check eBay for cheap gaiters

Haha yeah they were great! Definitely going to use them more. Not sure how your roof spoiler stops you from doing the seal though? Unless you mean the rear windscreen seal? I meant the side windows haha. Next week we won't look so similar! Switching it up a bit. Evens out cause you win on engine and colour.

yes, meant rear as the seal is under the spoiler.

Looking forward to pics...

Loving the interior man! Those seats look hot!

And can't wait to see how the new wheels look!

Loving the interior man! Those seats look hot!

And can't wait to see how the new wheels look!

Cheers bro! Hows things coming along with yours? Anything new with it?

Saw this today in its most recent form.

Immaculate.

Saw this today in its most recent form.

Immaculate.

Thank you Sir!

Hopefully have the second set of style 32s on tomorrow. Will be test fitting the Breytons too. See how much work I will be in for. Then it will be time to sort out my suspension. Don't know if I can justify them BC Golds...

Got the staggered set of 32s on. Sorry for crappy pics. Was getting them in between the rainy spells.

Went with a charcoal metallic powdercoat. Won't be everyones cuppa but it's growing on me plus I won't be sulking when it's dirty!

post-6404-1369124479.jpg

Needs a bit of a drop for sure.

post-6404-1369124507.jpg

post-6404-1369124516.jpg

Also put the Breytons up against the car. I'm sure I can make them work with a little bit of effort.

post-6404-1369124492.jpg

post-6404-1369124499.jpg